Matt Dillon: Where has he gone?

yq...@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

Nov 5, 1992, 7:57:32 AM11/5/92
Hi-
I sent away for the registered version of DICE about 2 months ago; about
the time perhaps that Matt Dillon mysteriously disappeared from this
newsgroup. Just my luck. I have not heard anything. Does anyone know
what the deal is with DICE and Dillon right now? Thanks in advance for
any enlightenment on this topic.

-Chris Bruns

yq...@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

Robert Randell

Nov 7, 1992, 11:46:44 AM11/7/92

Ditto! That's exactly my problem too. I registered for my version around
7 weeks ago and haven't heard a word. I also sent an enquiring message to
his email address of dil...@overload.Berkeley.CA.US but received no response.

If he has decided to stop supporting DICE, it would be nice if he would let
people know or remove the file from the PD DICE distribution that urges
people to register. I certainly can't afford to waste 50 U.S. dollars.

Please, if anyone knows what's going on here, let me know as well.

Thanks for any help.

- Robert Randell

Michael B. Smith

Nov 9, 1992, 5:46:13 AM11/9/92
In article <1992Nov7.1...@cs.mun.ca> rob...@odie.cs.mun.ca (Robert Randell) writes:
> In article <1992Nov5.0...@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> yq...@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
> > I sent away for the registered version of DICE about 2 months ago; about
> >the time perhaps that Matt Dillon mysteriously disappeared from this
> >newsgroup. Just my luck. I have not heard anything. Does anyone know
> >what the deal is with DICE and Dillon right now? Thanks in advance for
> >any enlightenment on this topic.
>
> If he has decided to stop supporting DICE, it would be nice if he would let
> people know or remove the file from the PD DICE distribution that urges
> people to register. I certainly can't afford to waste 50 U.S. dollars.
>
> Please, if anyone knows what's going on here, let me know as well.

Matt is in the process of preparing a major new release of DICE, along with
a couple of other notable members of the Amiga community.

As a beta-tester for that DICE, I can tell you that it is worth waiting for.
--
// Michael B. Smith
\X/ m...@adastra.cvl.va.us -or- uunet.uu.net!virginia.edu!adastra!mbs

W L Anderson

Nov 9, 1992, 9:07:56 PM11/9/92
Mike, any idea what the release date will be? We are eagerly awaiting.

Tom Hayko
wlan...@nexus.yorku.ca

Robert Randell

Nov 8, 1992, 11:08:59 AM11/8/92
In article <1992Nov7.1...@cs.mun.ca> rob...@odie.cs.mun.ca (Robert Randell) writes:

I am happy to say that Matt Dillon is still around. I finally received a
reply from him today stating that he would be shipping DICE shortly.
There has been a delay because as of late, he has been up to his ears trying
to balance registrations, email and work.

So, Chris Bruns, I guess yours should be forthcoming soon as well. Also, his
email address of dil...@overload.Berkeley.CA.US is still valid.

- Robert Randell

Michael B. Smith

Nov 10, 1992, 5:17:34 AM11/10/92
In article <1992Nov10.0...@newshub.ccs.yorku.ca> wlan...@nexus.yorku.ca (W L Anderson) writes:
> Mike, any idea what the release date will be? We are eagerly awaiting.
>
> Tom Hayko

I have no idea and certainly wouldn't be authorized to answer even if I did
know. :(

We are about to start Gamma though. :)

Mark Christian Barnes

Nov 11, 1992, 3:18:00 PM11/11/92
Matt Dillon is alive and well. Judging from some return Email that
I recieved from him, in the last few weeks ( DICE bug reports and
such ), I'd guess that he has perhaps moved and gotten a new job???
Still, his well known internet addresses are still valid. Remember,
on of those addresses has "OVERLOAD" in it.

Regards, Aure...@cup.portal.com

PS: if my guesses are right ... Best Wishes Matt.

Matthew Dillon

Nov 19, 1992, 3:11:30 PM11/19/92

Same job, new contract, overloaded...

For people who are worrying, the reason I've dropped DNet, AmigaUUCP,
and BSD 4.4 is to be able to concentrate on DICE and my job.

-Matt
--

Matthew Dillon dil...@Overload.Berkeley.CA.US
1005 Apollo Way uunet.uu.net!overload!dillon

Eco_-_De...@cup.portal.com

Nov 21, 1992, 10:56:22 AM11/21/92

I have noticed your postings in NeXT/blah and I was wondering, since I am
purchasing a NeXT machine, if you have written something that will allow your
Amiga and your NeXT to communicate at something other than the floppy level?
Also we are working on an intuition development environment/tools and would
like to support DICE. If you would mail me the info I need we will register
with you and add DICE support to our system.