Google Grupper understøtter ikke længere nye Usenet-opslag eller -abonnementer. Tidligere indhold er fortsat synligt.

RiscPC 600 image mount it under emulator?

41 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

jmi...@gmail.com

ulæst,
28. jul. 2013, 01.01.5528.07.2013
til
Hello

I have imaged my old RiscPC 600 HDD by plugging it in to my PC
and using 'dd' to dump a complete disc image.

size around 2GB

I want to simply call this image hd4.hd to an emulator software like Arculator , RPCEmu,RedSquirrel from it but
the emulators complains that the disc is not understood ?

Has anyone else done this before ?

btw the image i can access it from my linux without any issue

mount -o loop -t adfs hd4.adf /mnt/riscos

although copying files to hd4 via hostfs loses filetypes

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Frank de Bruijn

ulæst,
28. jul. 2013, 02.02.4928.07.2013
til
In article <c56f7635-3205-4435...@googlegroups.com>,
<jmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to simply call this image hd4.hd to an emulator software like
> Arculator, RPCEmu, RedSquirrel from it but the emulators complains
> that the disc is not understood ?

> Has anyone else done this before ?

Not me, but I did manage to access an adfs disc in a USB enclosure.

> btw the image i can access it from my linux without any issue

> mount -o loop -t adfs hd4.adf /mnt/riscos

> although copying files to hd4 via hostfs loses filetypes

On my machine, the ftsuffix option fixed that. I.e. something like:

mount -o loop,ftsuffix=1 -t adfs hd4.adf /mnt/riscos

might work.

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/filesystems/adfs.txt has
more details about options in recent kernels.

Regards,
Frank

jmi...@gmail.com

ulæst,
28. jul. 2013, 22.31.0628.07.2013
til
WOW.. This is what I was look for it ... Thank you...
now I'm able to run my RISC system under emulator

Dominic Holton

ulæst,
31. jul. 2013, 20.03.5531.07.2013
til
I've done similar before...

I have a few notes that may help others too and some distant memories, etc.

The command used on Linux was:
'dd if=dev/sda of=RiscPC.img'

I then have a vague memory that if the drive was a large disc (LBA was
on) then you needed to amend one of the bytes in the disc map from 1 to
0 - to preserve the checksum it was best to also amend another byte that
wasn't used - notes I have are:

'This file has been modified using 'HexEdit Pro', I've swapped bytes
0x00000dba and 0x00000db0 which were 0x01 and 0x00 respectivley.
Swapping them apparently preserves the checksum...'

Think most of this information I gleamed from other articles and news
group posts scattered around!

I've also a few notes that on the smaller discs (I guess the ST506 type
drives) and for some versions of the emulators (earlier ones I think) it
was necessary to Add 512 bytes to the image - my notes say:

'add 512 Bytes to this to be able to mount it with RPCEmu'

Hope this is meaningful and useful to someone in the future!

Regards,
Dominic

Simon Willcocks

ulæst,
1. aug. 2013, 05.47.4101.08.2013
til
In message <78loca-...@fedora9.haydn.pri>
Dominic Holton <dom...@mer1in.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On 28/07/2013 06:01, jmi...@gmail.com wrote:

> I then have a vague memory that if the drive was a large disc (LBA was
> on) then you needed to amend one of the bytes in the disc map from 1 to
> 0 - to preserve the checksum it was best to also amend another byte that
> wasn't used - notes I have are:
>
> 'This file has been modified using 'HexEdit Pro', I've swapped bytes
> 0x00000dba and 0x00000db0 which were 0x01 and 0x00 respectivley.
> Swapping them apparently preserves the checksum...'

It's a rubbish checksum, then, like the IP checksum, I expect. I once had a
problem with an internet stack because the hardware was doubly broken: it
occasionally lost a byte, but also allowed you to read more bytes than were
in the buffer. With messages containing lots of zero bytes, it caused havoc
for quite a while.

> Hope this is meaningful and useful to someone in the future!

Hopefully in the imminent future. Thanks.

--
ROLF - The RISC OS Look and Feel on Linux.
http://ro-lookandfeel.blogspot.com/