Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

Ioannes Paulus PP. II

Apr 4, 2005, 11:59:58 AM4/4/05
"The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
the spirit of God a divide."

Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
2nd April 2005

--
ought to hate ourselves and all that excited us to attach
ourselves to any other object than God only.

480. To make the members happy, they must have one will and submit it to the
body.

481. The examples of the noble deaths of the Lacedaemonians and others
scarce touch us. For what good is it to us? But the example of the death of
the martyrs touches us; for they are "our members." We have a common tie
with them. Their resolution can form ours, not only by example, but because
it has perhaps deserved ours. There is nothing of this in the examples of
the heathen. We have no tie with them; as we do not become rich by seeing a
stranger who is so, but in fact by seeing a father or a husband who is so.

482. Morality.--God having made the heavens and the earth, which do not feel
the happiness of their being, He has willed to make beings who should know
it, and who should compose a body of thinking members. For our members do
not feel the happiness of their union, of their wonderful intelligence, of
the care which has been taken to infuse into them minds, and to make them
grow and endure. How happy they