Mallows Cp* statistic

已查看 287 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Magenta

未读,
2001年9月19日 03:26:502001/9/19
收件人
How do I get this statistic from linear regression in SPSS version 10?

cheers

Neil W. Henry

未读,
2001年9月19日 16:23:092001/9/19
收件人

Magenta wrote:

> How do I get this statistic from linear regression in SPSS version 10?
>
> cheers

As far as I can tell Cp is not reported by SPSS. Of course SPSS regression
has no routine for "all subsets regression", so Cp is not relevant to the
kind of use SPSS assumes its clients will have for the regressions. Since
Cp is easily derived from an F statistic, or from Residual Sums of
squares, it is not a problem to compute one of them. (i.e. the C for a
specific subset of a "full" set of predictors).Of course if you want to
get Cp for everyone of the zillion or so subsets of a set of several
hundred predictors, that's not a happy alternative.

See p. 190 of Weisberg "Applied Linear Regression" 1980 , or more
generally, all of his Chapter 8.

`o^o' * Neil W. Henry (nhe...@vcu.edu) *
-<:>- * Virginia Commonwealth University
*
_/ \_ * Richmond VA 23284-2014 *
*

Magenta

未读,
2001年9月21日 15:21:272001/9/21
收件人
SPSS developers please take note: All subsets regression with Mallow's Cp
statistic would be a good feature to have in SPSS. Minitab does it.

cheers
Michelle

"Neil W. Henry" <nhe...@vcu.edu> wrote in message

Rich Ulrich

未读,
2001年10月2日 14:43:402001/10/2
收件人
On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 07:21:27 +1200, "Magenta"
<mag...@paradise.net.nz.nospam> wrote:

> SPSS developers please take note: All subsets regression with Mallow's Cp
> statistic would be a good feature to have in SPSS. Minitab does it.

All subsets regression is (at least generally) a mistake of amateurs.
Do you want Cp for any other purpose?

I hope that the results of "all subsets regression" should
become increasingly hard to get published, since the time
of its introduction and minor faddishness in the 1970s.

--
Rich Ulrich, wpi...@pitt.edu
http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html

Magenta

未读,
2001年10月5日 21:36:032001/10/5
收件人

"Rich Ulrich" <wpi...@pitt.edu> wrote in message

> On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 07:21:27 +1200, "Magenta"
> <mag...@paradise.net.nz.nospam> wrote:
>
> > SPSS developers please take note: All subsets regression with Mallow's
Cp
> > statistic would be a good feature to have in SPSS. Minitab does it.
> >

> All subsets regression is (at least generally) a mistake of amateurs.
> Do you want Cp for any other purpose?
Um... thanks Rich. :-)
Yep, I want Mallow's Cp for its help in assessing the value of a multiple
regression.

> I hope that the results of "all subsets regression" should
> become increasingly hard to get published, since the time
> of its introduction and minor faddishness in the 1970s.

The Cp option seems tied to the all subsets regression request in other
packages (e.g. Minitab). And I have *no* problem with all subsets
regression when one is working with an extremely complex regression - give
us all the tools that make our jobs easier when moving from theory to
statistical testing.

I was also wondering about asking for the PRESS statistic - but I haven't
read up on that one lately.

cheers
Michelle

Raynald Levesque

未读,
2001年10月6日 11:46:052001/10/6
收件人
On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 07:21:27 +1200, "Magenta"
>> <mag...@paradise.net.nz.nospam> wrote:
>>
>> > SPSS developers please take note: All subsets regression with Mallow's
>Cp
>> > statistic would be a good feature to have in SPSS. Minitab does it.

<snip>

Hi Michelle

You might be interested to look at the file
"Do All-Subset regressions.SPS" which you will find in
http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/SampleSyntax.htm#RegressionRepeatedMeasures

Mallows CP statistics is NOT computed however if you provide me with
the formulas to compute it, I will add that project on my list of
things to do.

Raynald Levesque rlev...@videotron.ca
Visit My SPSS Pages: http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/index.htm

celalg...@gmail.com

未读,
2013年2月23日 01:31:132013/2/23
收件人
On Wednesday, September 19, 2001 2:26:54 AM UTC-5, Magenta wrote:
> How do I get this statistic from linear regression in SPSS version 10?
>
> cheers

You need to write SELECTION in the syntax.

If you follow "Regression > Linear > Paste" you will see the syntax window. Then, type SELECTION end of your /STATISTICS line.

In addition to CP, it also provides 3 more selection criteria.

But, the problem is that SPSS and Minitab provide different Cp values !!!

Good luck !!
0 个新帖子