non-master node

athr...@my-deja.com

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to get Tux working on my Linux machine. I have
gone through the entire installation process, without any signs of
errors on my part. When I try to run a tmloadcf though, I get errors
saying that tmloadcf cannot run on a non-master node. I used the simpapp
application with minimal changes made to specify parameters for my
mcahine as opposed to defaults.

Has anyone faced this problem before? Any help/suggestions in this
context will be greatly appreciated. Especially since, the same problem
occurs with an NT machine at work. Both machines have the full set of
tux libraries installed.

Thanks a lot.
Prahlad.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

tony lodge

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
Hi
    The only reaason you should get that mesaage is if you have not put the appropriate machine name in the tuxconfig file.
In the machines section of the ubbconfig file you have to make sure the mmachine name is identical to the `uname -n`. The following is an
example, LODGET is what i get from uname -n command.

*MACHINES
"LODGET"     LMID="simple"

    Hope this helps

        tony
athr...@my-deja.com wrote:

Hi all

Thanks a lot.
Prahlad.

<Picture: c:\tuxtalk\attach\tony.lodge8.vcf>tony.lodge8.vcf

BEA Systems, Inc.
www.beasys.com

The views expressed in this posting are solely those of the author,
and BEA Systems, Inc. does not endorse any of these views. BEA
Systems, Inc. is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of
the information provided and assumes no duty to correct, expand upon,
delete or update any of the information contained in this posting.

Ravi Pinto

Sep 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/11/99

In article <7rc3hi$974$1...@news.beasys.com>,
athr...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Prahlad,

> I'm currently trying to get Tux working on my Linux machine. I have
> gone through the entire installation process, without any signs of
> errors on my part. When I try to run a tmloadcf though, I get errors
> saying that tmloadcf cannot run on a non-master node. I used the
simpapp
> application with minimal changes made to specify parameters for my
> mcahine as opposed to defaults.
>
> Has anyone faced this problem before? Any help/suggestions in this
> context will be greatly appreciated. Especially since, the same
problem
> occurs with an NT machine at work. Both machines have the full set of
> tux libraries installed.

You might want to check up the following.
1. Check if $TUXCONFIG file exists already. If it does delete
it and try the tmloadcf command again.
2. Check if the machine name in your ubbconfig file's MACHINES
section is same as that of the linux machine name (uname -n).
3. Check the ULOG file in either the directory that you are
executing the command from or $APPDIR for more clues.

> Thanks a lot.
> Prahlad.

HTH,
Ravi...
--
Ravi Pinto, Bombay, India.
mailto:ravi...@my-dejanews.com

Eric Lee

Sep 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/11/99

I suspect that you're not identifying your machine correctly to Tuxedo.
To check this:
At a shell prompt, obtain your nodename using the command: uname -n
ensure that this name is specified in *MACHINES to match the declared
MASTER LMID:

$ uname -n
my-linux-box

$ cat ubbsimple
*RESOURCES
.
.
.
MASTER simple
.
.
.
*MACHINES
my-linux-box LMID=simple
.
.
.
Just to rid yourself of historical data, chuck away TUXCONFIG:

$ rm $TUXCONFIG

before running tmloadcf. You probably won't have one anyway as
it sounds like tmloadcf is yet to produce a result, but worth a
shot.

Hope this helps

Regards

Eric Lee

athr...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi all,

> I'm currently trying to get Tux working on my Linux machine. I have
> gone through the entire installation process, without any signs of
> errors on my part. When I try to run a tmloadcf though, I get errors
> saying that tmloadcf cannot run on a non-master node. I used the simpapp
> application with minimal changes made to specify parameters for my
> mcahine as opposed to defaults.
>
> Has anyone faced this problem before? Any help/suggestions in this
> context will be greatly appreciated. Especially since, the same problem
> occurs with an NT machine at work. Both machines have the full set of
> tux libraries installed.
>

> Thanks a lot.
> Prahlad.

atu...@hotmail.com

Sep 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/11/99

well, actually on NT, try using all uppercase in the physical node
name (*MACHINES section of the UBBCONFIG file).
sorry about the earlier reply.

- Atul.

In article <7rc3hi$974$1...@news.beasys.com>,

atu...@my-deja.com

Sep 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/11/99

U may want to make sure that the physical node name as specified
in the ubbconfig file matches exactly with the machine name as returned
by hostname on NT (or uname on Linux).
- Atul.
atu...@hotmail.com

Jack Beatty

Sep 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/12/99

In the Machines sections of your ubbconfig file the machine name should be
the same as what you get from the "uname -n" command. For example:

>uname -n <---- returns
linuxmachine

Your ubbconfig should look like:

"linuxmachine" LMID="linuxmachine"
etc....

The LMID could be something else, its just a logic machine id.

HTH,

Jack

Urs Kuenzler

Sep 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/12/99

Hello

This often means that the phisical machine id of your master node and
`uname -n` (where tmloadcf is executed) do not match (exactly!). And
you may also have to make sure that there is no "old" tuxconfig
(compiled with an other master machine id) in place.

hope this help
urs