'Exception calling main' installer error

Stu

Jun 9, 2007, 3:20:56 PM6/9/07
Hi! I have been trying to get Matlab R2007a working on my PC for what seems like AGES. Can't seem to get passed the iniial setup. I double click on the setup.exe, i get the 'Preparing installer files...please wait' bit and then the splash screen comes up...but then i get a 'Installer Error - Eception Calling Main' message, then it dies. Can ANYONE help me please?
Thanks in advance...!

Stu
OS: Windows x64 Pro

dnc...@hotmail.com

Jun 22, 2007, 12:08:19 PM6/22/07
hi man
i also had the same exactly problem with matlab and fortunately i
managed finding a quite easy way to solve it.
1)open your pc and while booting press F8 to boot in safe mode.
2) then choose to log on with the administrator account.
3) insert the cd of matlab and install it.
4)CAUTION! after installetion don't start matlab!!!
5)restat your pc and boot in normal mode (start windows normally).
6)log on with your account
7)go to c:\MATLAB7\bin\win32 and find the ''MATLAB''
8)send shortcut to the desktop
9)and
10) !HAVE FUN YOU DUDE! ;P

Tim

Apr 10, 2011, 6:12:05 AM4/10/11
This problem might also come up if your user name contains non-latin (e.g. cyrillic or chinese) characters, special symbols (e.g. ! or ") and/or spaces.
To resolve that, you may create another user account on your PC with a name satisfying the conditions above, and install Matlab under that account.
Good luck!

Nikos theraptor

Jun 11, 2011, 10:56:05 PM6/11/11
NO DUDE !! :D i found something more interesting and the easiest way ...
Simply go at matlab folder win32 (or win64 for 64bit Windows) and delete the file
" matinfoxml.enc "
AND it's OK !

Jens Stærmose

Sep 17, 2013, 6:35:07 AM9/17/13
1. Press start, write "cmd" and press enter.
2. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation files and find "\bin\win64".
3. Write "cd " and then the path to this folder in my chase "c:\users\hutli\desktop\matlabinstaller\bin\win64" since my username is "Hutli" and i have saved it on the Desktop in a folder called "MatLabInstaller" (Chase letters does not matter!)
4. Then just write "setup.exe" and the installer should run just fine.

Alexandru Susu

Mar 26, 2014, 3:46:08 AM3/26/14
Hi.
Indeed, I solved the problem by following your advice: "This problem might also come up if your user name contains non-latin (e.g. cyrillic or chinese) characters, special symbols (e.g. ! or ") and/or spaces."
More exaclyt, my Matlab kit was in folder "C:\!" (disputable choice :) ) and it gave that error message. However, when I renamed the folder "C:\!" to "C:\MatlabInstaller\" the installer worked without any problem.
Regards,
Alex
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

preet...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2014, 2:29:10 PM4/5/14
heyy but how do u delete the " matinfoxml.enc " file in 64 bit windows... plz help..

Steven Lord

Apr 8, 2014, 11:11:07 AM4/8/14

<preet...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:26:05 AM UTC+5:30, Nikos theraptor wrote:
> hey but how do u delete the " matinfoxml.enc " file Im not able to delete
> it even the uninstaller is not working ..... plzz help...

You should contact Technical Support for assistance with the installer or
uninstaller.

--
Steve Lord
sl...@mathworks.com