problems for initializing gui

kaori Joo

Apr 1, 2009, 1:36:01 PM4/1/09
I need help. I have been using gui with two computers with no problem at all. But now I've started to work with another PC, with the same Matlab version 7.5.0 (R2007b) and whenever I try to start my gui interface, I get lots of warnings and errors. I can't neither open a new gui. Here are the warnings and errors I get when I try to open a new gui:

Warning: Function passed with '-function' directive must return a logical
scalar.
> In findall at 29
In hgload>localDeserializeAnnotations at 441
In hgload at 180
In guidefunc>newGuideFig at 1945
In guidefunc>readSavedFigure at 2317
In guidefunc at 106
In guide at 132
In guidetemplate>processDialogResult at 172
In guidetemplate>dialogCallback at 91
java.lang.ClassCastException: [D cannot be cast to [Ljava.lang.String;
at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutEditor.completed(LayoutEditor.java:2266)
at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutEditor$ReadFigureCompleted.completed(LayoutEditor.java:3321)
at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.utils.LayoutWorker.runOnMatlabThread(LayoutWorker.java:55)
at com.mathworks.jmi.MatlabWorker$2.run(MatlabWorker.java:73)
at com.mathworks.jmi.MatlabWorker.start(MatlabWorker.java:213)
at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.utils.LayoutWorker.start(LayoutWorker.java:70)
at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.utils.LayoutWorker.fevalConsoleOutput(LayoutWorker.java:41)
at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutLooper.readFigure(LayoutLooper.java:634)
at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutEditor.openLayoutEditor(LayoutEditor.java:2070)
at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutEditor.openLayoutEditor(LayoutEditor.java:2033)

I updated the java but it didn't help at all. I hope you an help me. I'm desperated.

Rocio

someone

Apr 1, 2009, 2:36:02 PM4/1/09
"kaori Joo" <roci...@gmail.com> wrote in message <gr08m1$6t8$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

Maybe you need to reboot for the JAVA uodate to take effect?
Just a guess.

kaori Joo

Apr 1, 2009, 3:40:18 PM4/1/09
I've tried it. Didn't work.

I'm opened to any other suggestion.

airo

Apr 1, 2009, 4:56:16 PM4/1/09
Do you have a startup.m file that execute in program startup, or add a
path to MATLAB?

kaori Joo

Apr 1, 2009, 5:47:01 PM4/1/09
Thank you! I had it, but I had it twice! That was the problem.

It's finally over! Thank you again.