Problem with java socket creation in jtcp

Kithsiri Liyanage

Oct 22, 2009, 7:00:23 AM10/22/09
Hi there

I get the following error message when I tried to run jtcp

??? Java exception occurred:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Unknown Source)

at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Unknown Source)

at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Unknown Source)

Error in ==> jtcp>jtcp_accept_connection at 317
socket = serverSocket.accept;

Error in ==> jtcp at 225
jTcpObj = jtcp_accept_connection(port,timeout);

Error in ==> server at 2
jTcpObj=jtcp('accept',21566,'timeout',2000);

I am running Matlab R2009a on Windows XP. I saw somewhere installing jre in a different folder solved the problem. It didn't specify where.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Kith

Jon Usher

Oct 21, 2010, 3:12:04 PM10/21/10
"Kithsiri Liyanage" <kiths...@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hbpe07$iku$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

I am getting this same error. I am runnning MATLABr2010a on two windows XP computers connected over a network. Were you able to find a solution?

Jon