Runtime Error when opening Matlab 7... please HELP!

Lauren

Jun 25, 2004, 9:09:08 PM6/25/04
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program E:\Matlab\bin\win32\matlab.exe

abnormal program termination

OK

I get this error when opening the main window in matlab. I can open
individual *.m files but nothing else. Why is this happening????

andy

Jun 28, 2004, 5:34:41 PM6/28/04
I met the same problem. Anyone can help ?

My machine is a Presario R3000, AMD-M 3000,winXP Pro with service
pack 2.

thanks a lot

tahseen

Jul 3, 2004, 9:34:31 AM7/3/04
I'm also having the same problem with Matlab 7 running on winxp sp1!
Could anyone please advise!

Michael Guo

Jul 6, 2004, 9:21:37 AM7/6/04
I have this problem if matlab server is running. If I stop matlab
server, then matlab 7 starts just fine. However, I need to be able to
run both at the same time. (I also have an installation of matlab
6.1, which appears to be unaffected.) If anyone has any solutions, I
would really love to hear them! Thank you.

Michael Guo

Jul 6, 2004, 9:35:10 AM7/6/04
Well, it appears I've solved the problem. I downloaded the latest
drivers for my graphics card (a NVidia GeForce MX 100/200), installed
them, and rebooted. Everything appears to be OK now. Go figure.

Francis Low

Jul 17, 2004, 12:42:59 AM7/17/04
same goes to here, looks like R14 has lot of issues not done yet...

tahseen

Jul 18, 2004, 1:44:24 AM7/18/04

Try to turn off the matlab web server. It worked for me.

Taff Curtis

Sep 7, 2004, 11:11:22 AM9/7/04

I had the same problem when trying to start matlab, and found out it
was being caused by a custom windows xp visual style... Once I went
back to a default windows style Matlab had no problems starting up.

Taff

Chan

Sep 17, 2004, 5:08:28 PM9/17/04
I have very similar error message with Matlab 7. When I started
running Matlab, I've got Visual C++ Runtime error with Matlab logo on
the screen then Matlab is terminated by itself. I've suspected Visual
C++ runtime or registry of Matlab was messed up, but I fixed this
problem with something I've never expected.

It seems like my problem was with OpenGL incompatability issue with
with my graphic card and Matlab.

I have Dell Precision 650, Zeon CPU, and nVidia Quadro900 with old
graphic driver (actually it is not very old one, I got this one in
March 2004).

I have disabled the graphic hw acceleration first (Display
properties->Settings->Advanced->Trobleshoot->hardware acceleration set
to none), then Matlab starts running without showing Visual C++
runtime error message any more. However, it made graphics so slow on
the screen.

Then, I go to nVidia website and downloaded the latest driver, and
enabled hw acceleration back to full. This worked out pretty well.

ark

Oct 17, 2009, 8:18:02 PM10/17/09
taf...@gmail.com (Taff Curtis) wrote in message <od2iohv9x3i8@legacy>...
Yep same here,
exactly the same problem solved when i reinstalled Matlab7 with "Themes" service started (winkey+R, services.msc). After you can disable Themes again, works fine as should.

awais umar

Nov 22, 2009, 7:05:25 AM11/22/09
skyl...@aol.com (Lauren) wrote in message <99a87132.04062...@posting.google.com>...

heloo dear and to all other fellows
there are two solutions for this
make another account by logging in as differnt user name
and try matlab it will work inshallah

and the 2nd one is
change ur theme
and start matlab

gunjan deotale

Sep 10, 2010, 3:35:05 AM9/10/10
hi all, myself gunjan.i would like to hear thank you on gunjan_...@yahoo.co.in after your problem gets solved.

so now if u r working on windows 7. and if matlab is giving u runtime error and big screen related to java .1) FIRST RIGHT CLICK ON MATLAB ICON ON DESKTOP
2)GO TO PROPERTIES
3)THEN CLICK ON COMPATIBILITY OPTION
4)IN COMPATIBILITY MODE CLICK ON RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR 5) THEN SELECT WINDOWS VISTA FROM LIST OF OPTIONS. 6)CLICK APPLY N THEN OK.
now u can run matlab 7 on windows 7 easily. say thanks;-)

Justin Tallon

Feb 4, 2011, 11:31:04 AM2/4/11
Hey guys,

Im trying to run MATLAB R2007a on a windows 7 machine and im getting this java runtime error , but i have followed the instructions here and it has not sloved the problem.

any suggestions?

regards,
Justin

Da nieli

Aug 10, 2011, 1:03:14 PM8/10/11
"gunjan deotale" <gunjan_...@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <i6cn39$d13$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

-->
Thank you Mr deotale...
i ried and it is working...

Mohamed Yahya

Mar 30, 2012, 2:49:26 AM3/30/12
Many thanks to you

naila

Aug 20, 2013, 10:20:29 AM8/20/13
"gunjan deotale" <gunjan_...@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <i6cn39$d13$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
Thank You sooooooo much Sir. It works for me too

RNC

Sep 22, 2013, 5:11:05 PM9/22/13
"gunjan deotale" <gunjan_...@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <i6cn39$d13$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
Thanks so much ! It also works on win8

deepal...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2013, 2:35:17 PM10/12/13
Hey, Thanks! it worked!

bezz...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2013, 3:57:31 PM11/23/13
Suuuuuuuuuper! It works, many thanks!

rajput.su...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2013, 1:44:44 AM11/27/13
thank u

Hubdar

Feb 2, 2014, 6:15:09 AM2/2/14

owais...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2014, 2:53:39 PM2/17/14
Just Right Click On Matlab.exe and goto properties, And the Compatibiltiy, Check the "Run this program in compatibilty mode for" and from combobox select Windows Vista, That it

rajhans...@gmail.com

May 12, 2014, 4:36:44 AM5/12/14

For those, whom it is giving errors can set compatibility for all users option to
Windows 2000
if not then to Windows Vista and then it works.

karth...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2014, 12:32:05 AM9/19/14
thank you very much for this timely help

Fazmeer

Nov 13, 2014, 12:22:23 PM11/13/14
"Justin Tallon" <tal...@tcd.ie> wrote in message <iih9k8$ech$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
Thank you very much buddy this worked in windows 8 64 bit i tried a lot to fix it finally i got it yayyy:D

BumBi BomBi

Apr 17, 2015, 12:26:02 PM4/17/15
"gunjan deotale" <gunjan_...@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <i6cn39$d13$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
Thank you very much