how to convert a 2D image into 3D

Muhammad Idrees

Jan 4, 2008, 2:03:19 AM1/4/08
Hello all matlab users

I am working on image processing tool of matlab

I need an algorithm written in matlab to convert the 2D
image into 3D image.

Is there any body to help me.

arulvel v

Jan 6, 2008, 10:53:25 PM1/6/08
hi

have you converted the 2d image to 3d.

i too need the algorithm in matlab

"Muhammad Idrees" <idrees_...@mathworks.com> wrote in
message <flklnn$94v$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

Yumnam Kirani Singh

Jan 6, 2008, 11:53:47 PM1/6/08
There is some confusion about 2D and 3D image. Indexed image and gray scale image may be taken as 2D image and rgb image may be taken as 3D image, regarding the data matrix representing those images. This interpretation may be different from the viewing point of view. To convert a 2D view to 3D view, we need to mapped using the orthogonal projection at proper viewing angle. Here viewing angle plays a very important role.

Gyanu Acharya

Jul 3, 2008, 10:44:02 PM7/3/08
"Muhammad Idrees" <idrees_...@mathworks.com> wrote in
message <flklnn$94v$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

Hi, did you try with surf or mesh?
For example,
x = imread('foo.bmp');% its 2D image
xx = double(x);
y = imagesc(xx)% gives 2D image
z = mesh(xx)% gives the pixel values as 3rd dimension.
Enjoy it
Acharya

Bejoy Thomas

Jul 28, 2009, 10:41:05 AM7/28/09
"Gyanu Acharya" <acha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message <g4k2pi$c96$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
Exactly what ive been looking for, Thankyou very much mr. Acharya

Ganesh Radhesab

Aug 10, 2011, 8:09:12 AM8/10/11
Mr Acharya,

Thank you for your help. But, the result of this code is just a graph showing the dimensions of the required 3D image. How is it possible to view the actual 3D image. Please help me. I know,it is too late. But this is very important to me.

Manjunath k

Jan 30, 2012, 12:33:10 PM1/30/12
x = imread('foo.bmp');% its 2D image
xx = double(x);
y = imagesc(xx)% gives 2D image
z = mesh(xx)% gives the pixel values as 3rd dimension.

I used this code for 2D to 3D image conversion.thanks for the useful code..
now i want to read the matrix of x,y,z to have three matrix of x,y,z..
please tell me hoe to get it as soon as possible..

thanks in advance..

bilala...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2013, 8:00:56 AM8/28/13
Hi Mr. Idrees...
Hope you are fine. I have similar question like you I want to convert 2d image to 3d image. Do you get any point or code of how to convert 2d image to 3d if you have any then please send me. I also have image processing project using Matlab in which I have to do some further progression after converting image into 3d from 2d. I am waiting for your precious response...
Regards
Bilal Ahmed

bilala...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2013, 8:03:29 AM8/28/13

Steven_Lord

Aug 28, 2013, 9:52:23 AM8/28/13

<bilala...@gmail.com> wrote in message
In the general case, what you ask for is impossible.

patch([0 1 1 0 0], [0 0 1 1 0], 'r');
axis([-1 2 -1 2])
axis square

Is this a picture of the top of a six-sided die (a solid cube), the top of a
closed hollow box, the bottom of a hollow box with its mouth down or to the
side, the top of a table, etc?

--
Steve Lord
sl...@mathworks.com

Praful Managoli

Feb 20, 2014, 2:27:06 AM2/20/14
"Muhammad Idrees" <idrees_...@mathworks.com> wrote in message <flklnn$94v$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
Hello sir,
I want to extract the centerline of both 2D and 3D image. Kindly help me out with this problem.

ls...@scarletmail.rutgers.edu

Jan 31, 2015, 11:12:56 PM1/31/15
i know it's been a while but i was wondering if you were able to figure out the algorithm to convert a 2d image to a 3d image?
Laya

Steven Lord

Feb 2, 2015, 11:17:10 AM2/2/15

<ls...@scarletmail.rutgers.edu> wrote in message
In general this is literally impossible. See message 10 in this thread.

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/161524

mukht...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2015, 10:03:24 AM12/29/15
I have 2000 images (2D) of sample. The density of material (i.e. particle) is same. I want to work out following tasks.
· Load and stitched the images into 3D volume.

· Identify the shapes of soil particles in 3D (i.e. voxelisation) with define boundaries.

· Label the particle shapes or categorise the shape geometry.

· Calculate particles volumes and locations (x,y,z).

· Calculate the contact planes between particles might be through voxel intersection method.

· Orientation of contact planes and contact normals.

It might be solved by matlab or digital analysis programming.

mukht...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2015, 10:04:06 AM12/29/15