??? Error using ==> times Matrix dimensions must agree.

Dimitrios Zlitidis

Dec 14, 2008, 3:02:01 PM12/14/08
I've made this function:

"function y = myfun3(I)

global R;
global Imed;
global si;
global hm;
global hp;

a = atan(R/(hm-hp));
rc = (0.67).*(I.^0.74).*(hp.^0.6);
rs = (0.67).*(I.^0.74).*(hm.^0.6);
c = sqrt( (hm - hp).^2 + R.^2);
d = (rc.^2 - rs.^2 + c.^2)./(2.*c);
b1 = acos(d./rc);

W = (a-b1+pi./2).*rc;
f= (1./(sqrt(2*pi)*si*I)).*exp(-(log(I)-log(Imed)).^2/(2*si^2));

y = W.*f;"

In my main function I use it like this:
"J = quad(@myfun3, Ic, Im)
SFFR = 0.2*Ng*J"

The message I take is:
"??? Error using ==> times
Matrix dimensions must agree.

Error in ==> myfun3 at 11
rc = (0.67).*(I.^0.74).*(hp.^0.6);

Error in ==> quad at 77
y = f(x, varargin{:});

Error in ==> Eriksson_gui>pushbutton2_Callback at 411
J = quad(@myfun3, Ic, Im)

Error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 96
feval(varargin{:});

Error in ==> Eriksson_gui at 42
gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback"

What do I do wrong?!?!?!

Dave Brackett

Dec 14, 2008, 4:00:04 PM12/14/08
"Dimitrios Zlitidis" <dimit...@gmail.com> wrote in message <gi3onp$8g9$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

find the size of each variable in the offending line using 'size'. can you give an example of I and hp?

Dimitrios Zlitidis

Dec 14, 2008, 5:42:02 PM12/14/08
"Dave Brackett" <davebr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gi3s4k$2ms$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

hp is a variable I give, it's a number, for example 5.41. I is the variable I use to integrate with quad.

Dave Brackett

Dec 15, 2008, 4:20:03 AM12/15/08
"Dimitrios Zlitidis" <dimit...@gmail.com> wrote in message <gi423q$eke$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

So are none of the variables in the rc line matrices? Why do you have all of the element by element multiplication? Can you give an example of I?

Have you tried clearing your variables using 'clear' and trying again?