Could not access the MCR component cache

Wyatt

Jul 7, 2009, 3:30:03 PM7/7/09
I have recently compiled some code with the MATLAB compiler which I wish to have executed by a cron process every so often. After compiling the code I have had no problems when executing the code from the command line, although although doing so requires a shell script that adds a few library paths to ones environment variables before executing the compiled code.

My problem arises when the system attempts to execute the code (or should I say the shell script that executes the code) as a cron process. I get an error that looks like this every time the system attempts to execute the code:

"Could not access the MCR component cache"

I am assuming that this refers to some environment variable that needs to be defined, although I have now added every variable to the shell script that is in my user environment.

If anyone has ever seen this error, or knows what would cause it to only exist when the code is being executed as a cron process I would greatly appreciate it.

MATLAB Version 7.6.0.324 (R2008a)
Operating System: Linux 2.6.18-128.1.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Mon Jan 26 14:18:23 EST 2009 i686

Douglas Voet

Jul 14, 2009, 2:41:03 PM7/14/09
I just had the same problem trying to execute compiled matlab code under a system user. I turned on MCR_CACHE_VERBOSE as described here http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/compiler/brl4_f1-1.html and found that matlab was trying to extract the cache to my home directory to which, of course, the system user did not have access.

I have not figured out how to fix it yet but I am going to try compiling with the -C flag.

Douglas Voet

Jul 14, 2009, 2:43:04 PM7/14/09

Douglas Voet

Jul 14, 2009, 2:53:03 PM7/14/09
calling:
mcc -C <function name>

then including the CTF file in the path worked.

Wyatt

Aug 17, 2009, 12:37:02 PM8/17/09
"Douglas Voet" <dv...@mail.com.remove> wrote in message <h3ik6f$k5k$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

> calling:
> mcc -C <function name>
>
> then including the CTF file in the path worked.

Thanks for the help. I was starting to worry that nobody would respond!

That definitely did the trick!