problem of MATLAB starting

Moshe Averbukh

Aug 3, 2010, 4:04:04 AM8/3/10
Dear all,
After the MATLAB starting I obtain the next message:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\Moshe\Application Data\MathWorks\MATLAB\R2008b\matlab.prf (Access is denied)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.mathworks.services.Prefs.save(Prefs.java:297)
at com.mathworks.services.Prefs$SavePrefsThread.run(Prefs.java:699)
What does it mean and which way I can fix this problem?
A lot of thanks in advance.

us

Aug 3, 2010, 4:49:04 AM8/3/10
"Moshe Averbukh" <ave...@gmai.com> wrote in message <i38ihk$g8k$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

well... for some reason the ...access is denied...
did you install the software correctly(?)...

us

Steven_Lord

Aug 3, 2010, 9:30:16 AM8/3/10

"Moshe Averbukh" <ave...@gmai.com> wrote in message

It suggests that you don't, for whatever reason, have permission to read
and/or write in your preferences directory. Check to make sure that you
have permissions for the directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\Moshe\Application Data\MathWorks\MATLAB\R2008b

and the matlab.prf file inside that directory. If that doesn't work, rename
that directory and start MATLAB again; MATLAB should create a new
preferences directory.

--
Steve Lord
sl...@mathworks.com

Moshe Averbukh

Aug 3, 2010, 12:40:26 PM8/3/10
"Steven_Lord" <sl...@mathworks.com> wrote in message <i395l8$phk$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

> "Moshe Averbukh" <ave...@gmai.com> wrote in message
> > Dear all,
> > After the MATLAB starting I obtain the next message:
> > java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\Moshe\Application
> > Data\MathWorks\MATLAB\R2008b\matlab.prf (Access is denied)
> > at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
> > at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> > at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> > at com.mathworks.services.Prefs.save(Prefs.java:297)
> > at com.mathworks.services.Prefs$SavePrefsThread.run(Prefs.java:699)
> > What does it mean and which way I can fix this problem?
> > A lot of thanks in advance.
>
> It suggests that you don't, for whatever reason, have permission to read
> and/or write in your preferences directory. Check to make sure that you
> have permissions for the directory:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Moshe\Application Data\MathWorks\MATLAB\R2008b
>
> and the matlab.prf file inside that directory. If that doesn't work, rename
> that directory and start MATLAB again; MATLAB should create a new
> preferences directory.
>
> --
>
> sl...@mathworks.com
> comp.soft-sys.matlab (CSSM) FAQ: http://matlabwiki.mathworks.com/MATLAB_FAQ
> http://www.mathworks.com

Dear Steve Lord!
Very much thanks, it work!!!

Gonzalo

May 3, 2012, 7:59:45 PM5/3/12
The problem may be also caused because the folder is hidden....