matlab interfacing with the NI USB 6251

Alan Robinson

Mar 3, 2009, 1:56:04 PM3/3/09
I am currently using matlab R2008a and i am trying to interface the usb 6251 from the national instruments with the data aquistion tool box and i am unable to get matlab to to see the device. I am sampling real time data with the usb 6251 and trying to plot the results in matlab could some one please tell me is this possible and how

Sherryl Radbil

Mar 4, 2009, 10:54:02 AM3/4/09
Hi Alan,

The National Instruments USB-6251has been supported since Data Acquisition Toolbox 2.9 which was released with R2006b so it works in R2008a.

If you're not "seeing" the device in MATLAB but do see it in Measurement and Automation Explorer, it may be the case that the adaptor is not registered.
Login as a user with administrator rights on your PC, start MATLAB and type:

daqregister('nidaq')
at the command prompt.
If you still don't see your device you can contact tech support for help or run the command:
daqsupport
at the command prompt and post the results to this thread so we may be able to see what is going on.

Sherryl