fastinsert

tkeil

Apr 2, 2008, 3:48:02 PM4/2/08
Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows why I cannot insert a
single character into a database using fastinsert? My code
looks something like this:

x = {65};
id = 'x';

fastinsert(conn,'temperature',{'temp','id'},[x,id]);

I get this error:
??? Java exception occurred:
java.sql.SQLException: SQL Exception : Unknown SQL Type for
PreparedStatement.setObject (SQL Type=1111

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.setObject
(Unknown Source)

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.setObject
(Unknown Source)

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.setObject
(Unknown Source)

Error in ==> database.fastinsert at 182
StatementObject.setObject(j,tmp); %OBJECT

If I use insert instead of fastinsert it works. Also, if id
= 'xx' or anything more than just a single character,
fastinsert works.

Any thoughts?