Caught "std::exception" Exception message

tonet

Aug 7, 2014, 5:58:17 PM8/7/14
Hi all,

I got this message meanwhile I was running a code:

Caught "std::exception" Exception message is:
Message Catalog MATLAB:FileIO was not loaded from the file. Please check file location, format or contents
Caught "std::exception" Exception message is:
Message Catalog MATLAB:services was not loaded from the file. Please check file location, format or contents
[...]
Invalid map file: /Applications/MATLAB_R2014a.app/help/matlab/matlab_mlint_csh/matlab_mlint_csh.map
An error was encountered while saving the command history
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/aviudezm/.matlab/R2014a/History.xml (Too many open files)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:233)
at com.mathworks.mde.cmdhist.AltHistoryCollection$CommandSaver.run(AltHistoryCollection.java:1232)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
The desktop configuration was not saved successfully

Any suggestion or comment.

Thanks

tonet

Aug 9, 2014, 6:31:08 AM8/9/14
Hi all,

Somebody knows why I receive this message while I am running some code:

Caught "std::exception" Exception message is:
Message Catalog MATLAB:FileIO was not loaded from the file. Please check file location, format or contents
Unable to find file /Applications/MATLAB_R2014a.app/toolbox/matlab/uitools/@uitools/@uimode/schema.m.

Warning: Error occurred while evaluating listener callback.
Unable to find file /Applications/MATLAB_R2014a.app/toolbox/matlab/uitools/@uitools/@uimode/modeControl.m.

Error while evaluating figure WindowKeyPressFcn

Unable to find file /Applications/MATLAB_R2014a.app/toolbox/matlab/uitools/@uitools/@uimode/modeControl.m.

Error while evaluating figure KeyPressFcn

Error while evaluating figure CloseRequestFcn

Caught "std::exception" Exception message is:
Message Catalog MATLAB:services was not loaded from the file. Please check file location, format or contents
Error while evaluating figure CloseRequestFcn

An error was encountered while saving the command history
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/aviudezm/.matlab/R2014a/History.xml (Too many open files)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:233)
at com.mathworks.mde.cmdhist.AltHistoryCollection$CommandSaver.run(AltHistoryCollection.java:1232)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
The desktop configuration was not saved successfully

Thanks

Steven Lord

Aug 12, 2014, 12:48:51 PM8/12/14

"tonet " <toni....@nasa.gov> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I got this message meanwhile I was running a code:

*snip*

Either MATLAB was not installed correctly, you're trying to open TONS of
files on startup, you have many applications keeping many files open
simultaneously, you've used ulimit or something similar to set the maximum
number of open files to a very small value, or something similar. Since
you're at NASA according to your email address, I'd say you should get your
IT staff involved (and if you and they can't figure out what's going on,
contact Technical Support.)

*snip*

--
Steve Lord
sl...@mathworks.com

OKTAY KOC

Jan 26, 2016, 5:57:13 PM1/26/16
Hello, I had a same problem and after closing and running the MATLAB, my codes worked properly from the last point that i reached.

Timothy Russell

Jun 10, 2016, 2:09:09 PM6/10/16
Another helpful tip is type "fclose all" in your command window and then run your program again.