NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"...Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'

AndrewgAven

Jun 28, 2009, 7:36:46 PM6/28/09
Hello all
This entry is kind of related with intersci under windows "Error
EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER ..\intersci-n.c 605" (posted before) but
since it is an Visual C++ issued i place it on a new post.

This time i builded my program under linux intersci (couldn't make it
work on windows) and i'm trying to build a dll on a windows platform,
for that i'm using Visual C++ 2008 express + SP1.

I trink that the builder.sce generated by intersci must be the same on
linux and windows, but went loaded it displays:
-----------------------------------
-->exec check_builder.sce;
ilib_name =

libchecka
Generate a gateway file
Generate a loader file
Generate a Makefile: Makelib
Running the makefile
Compilation of check
Compilation of ccheck
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft
Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
!--error 10000
unix_s: error during "nmake /Y /nologo /f Makelib.mak ccheck.obj"
execution
at line 34 of function unix_s called by :
line 35 of function ilib_compile called by :
line 59 of function ilib_build called by :
ilib_build(ilib_name,table,files,libs);
line 7 of exec file called by :

---------------------------------
i get the same error on every file a try to compile, they build fine
on linux (with gcc copiler).
Any ideas on how to build it on a windows platform?

workaholic

Aug 8, 2009, 5:10:42 AM8/8/09

I met the same question as yours, I guess it is due to some .h files
that cannot be found in Windows

Roy

Aug 15, 2009, 2:23:09 PM8/15/09

Here's some advice that was given to me when I had a compiler issue:

The files are placed in ScicosLab's TMPDIR. Just type TMPDIR at the
prompt. You can go to this directory in MSDOS shell of Visual Express
and launch the compilation to obtain detailed error messages.

c:\Users\ramin\AppData\Local\Temp\SCI_TMP_6488_>nmake /f Makelib.mak

You may have to edit two lines in the Makelib.mak to remove
-Dmexfunction_=mex$*_ -DmexFunction=mex_$*
and
-Dmexfunction=mex$*

workaholic

Aug 15, 2009, 8:09:26 PM8/15/09
>  -Dmexfunction=mex$*- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a lot, usually I put the c code to compile and test them in
VS2008 :), your advice is really useful for me!

Jan

Sep 15, 2009, 1:15:29 AM9/15/09
Good morning to all,
I have an recive the same error message, when I like to compile a
scicos cblock.
I used the example:
"Signal processing application (FFT on a sliding window). This demo
uses a CBlock and thus can be simulated if a C compiler (e.g. gcc or VC
++ on Windows) is available."
This is avalible at the scicos homepage.
To solve the problem i followed the advices from AndrewgAven, but i
the makelib.mak i can't found "-Dmexfunction_=......" and so on.
I'am using scilab-5.11(Sep 10 2009) and (April14 2009). Microsoft
Visual C++ 2008 ExpressEdition SP1. I testet it on winXP and Vista.
Thank you very much for help.
Jan
PS: I need the c-buffer-block for the fft-transformation

mytr...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2013, 5:08:24 AM3/1/13
when the following command is executed
C:\snt\qualnet\5.0\main>nmake
i am getting the following errors:

fatal error: machine module type IA64 conflicts with target machine type X86
NMAKE fatal error:C:\program files\microsoft visual studio 2008\VC\bin\cl.exe: return code '0x2'
STOP

please address the above issues.

PiLS

Mar 1, 2013, 11:36:57 AM3/1/13
mytr...@gmail.com à ploppé:
You're trying to run 64-bit code on a 32-bit machine, most probably.
Please adress this issue.

--
PiLS