Re: Right-clicking on animation crashes Mathematica

John Fultz

Jan 3, 2012, 5:26:37 AM1/3/12
Wolfram Research Technical Support filed a bug on this a couple of weeks ago
based upon a user query sent via a Japanese reseller (which may or may not have
come from you...I can't tell). I reproduced and fixed the bug in the
development version of Mathematica last week, and the bug fix should show up in
the next major release of Mathematica.

The crash can be worked around by wrapping the animation in an EventHandler
which prevents the context menu from coming up. E.g.,

EventHandler[
Animate[Graphics3D[Point[{0, p, 0}]], {p, 1, 3}], {"MouseUp", 2} :>
Null]

Which doesn't help much if you actually wanted the contextual menu, but it does
prevent stray clicks from crashing the system if that's a problem for you.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfu...@wolfram.com
User Interface Group