workbench and java 1.6 ??

1 view

Alex

Mar 10, 2007, 6:52:46 AM3/10/07
Hi everybody,

I recently upgraded from java 1.5 to 1.6 and since then I have
problems using Mathematica workbench. Basically, debugging doesn't work and I
get error messages like the following. Does this mean the workbench
doesn't work with 1.6 and if yes, where in the workbench do I specify
which jre to use ?

Many thanks,

Alex

>From In[404]:=
JLink`Java::excptn: A Java exception occurred: \
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: [[Ljava.lang.String;
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source).

>From In[404]:=
JLink`LoadJavaClass::fail: Java failed to load class
[[Ljava.lang.String;.
>From In[404]:=
JLink`JavaNew::argx: Incorrect number or type of arguments to
constructor for \
class com.wolfram.eclipse.M\[Ellipsis]MathematicaStackFrame. The
arguments, \
shown here in a list, were {blob[x_],1000000031,$Failed,\[Ellipsis]m,
5,4}

Chris Chiasson

Mar 11, 2007, 7:06:40 AM3/11/07
I find that things work better (under windows) when I use Wolfram
products with the JRE that comes with Mathematica. I have set my
JAVA_HOME environment variable to Mathematica's install. I'm sure
there is a smarter way to do it on Windows, but this is good enough
for me. Of course, Linux is different - my distro has tools that I
know how to use for managing the JREs.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/

Alex

Mar 15, 2007, 6:10:41 AM3/15/07
Okay,
I reinstalled the jre that comes with the workbench and everything is
fine.
I deleted it to save space, but this caused problems when I upgraded
to java 1.6

Many thanks,

axel