[U-L] Good Uniface books

Paul Sims

Jun 18, 2001, 12:11:28 PM6/18/01
Masroor,
I think you'll struggle with that. As far as I know, there were only ever
two books published about UNIFACE, and both featuring UNIFACE Six. One by
Jeffrey Mann, and one by us (in our former guise of Database Solutions).
Your best bet is to use the information in "myuniface.com", or the UNIFACE
Library. If you search hard enough, there are quite a few useful bits of
information you can extract... Another good bet is the rather odd but
extremely useful "Professional Uniface Users Universe" -
http://members.es.tripod.de/~uuu/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Sims
OCS Consulting
www.ocs-consulting.com

Jun 19, 2001, 4:22:43 AM6/19/01
Thanks for advice.

I did come across the U6 book by Mr J Mann. I was hoping that there would be more.

Mas

Geoff May

Jun 19, 2001, 4:25:21 AM6/19/01
"Paul Sims" <Pa...@ocs-consulting.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
: Masroor,

: I think you'll struggle with that. As far as I know, there were only ever
: two books published about UNIFACE, and both featuring UNIFACE Six. One by
: Jeffrey Mann, and one by us (in our former guise of Database Solutions).
: Your best bet is to use the information in "myuniface.com", or the UNIFACE
: Library. If you search hard enough, there are quite a few useful bits of
: information you can extract... Another good bet is the rather odd but
: extremely useful "Professional Uniface Users Universe" -
: http://members.es.tripod.de/~uuu/
:
: Hope this helps.
:
: Cheers,
: Paul
:
: Paul Sims
: OCS Consulting
: www.ocs-consulting.com
:

Paul,

Database Solutions use to have a list of hints and tips for UNIFACE, do
these still exist and if so, where are they?

MfG

Geoff.

Paul Sims

Jun 19, 2001, 9:09:39 AM6/19/01
Geoff,
The archive of the UNIFACE Hints and Tips is still available via
http://www.ocs-consulting.com/uniface_tips/. Database Solutions was always
a part of the OCS Consulting whole; hence all the UNIFACE services provided
by Database Solutions are still available under the OCS Consulting name.

Please let me know directly if you have any questions about the archive.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Sims
OCS Consulting
www.ocs-consulting.com

Geoff May

Jun 19, 2001, 9:19:23 AM6/19/01
: Geoff,

: The archive of the UNIFACE Hints and Tips is still available via
: http://www.ocs-consulting.com/uniface_tips/. Database Solutions was
always
: a part of the OCS Consulting whole; hence all the UNIFACE services
provided
: by Database Solutions are still available under the OCS Consulting name.
:
: Please let me know directly if you have any questions about the archive.
:
: Cheers,
: Paul
:
: Paul Sims
: OCS Consulting
: www.ocs-consulting.com
:

Thanks Paul,

I used to watch it about a year ago, (could have been longer, I don't
remember) and then you did some changes to your Internet pages and I lost
the link.

I still find "Tip 8: Additional Menu & Browse Entries" very useful.

Once again, thanks,

MfG

Geoff.