[Q] Eudora SSL Negotiation fails

Uwe Stoeckel

Oct 30, 2005, 12:17:34 PM10/30/05
Hi All,

my Eudora (6.2.5.6 - sponsored mode) has stopped downloading mail
since I installed the F-Secure Internet Security 2006 package.

When donloading, the program stays for a while at "Logging into POP
Server". There is no visible traffic.
The following two error messages come up:

"<...>, Logging into POP server, CAPA [..:.:.. :M]
SSL negotiation failed. Certificate bad. Destination host does not
match host name in certificate. But ignoring this Certificate because
Certificate ist trusted. Cause: (1814)"

"<...>,Logging into POP Server,CAPA ..:..:.. ..M]
Error reading from network. Cause: Connection aborted due to timeout
or other failure (10053)"

This happenes to all personalities I tried.

The personalities worked before, when using Symantec Internet Security
(wich was removed before f-Secure got installed)

For a quick trial I deinstalled F-Secure and tried Eudora. It worked
fine (except of the missing protection of course).

Then I installed F-Secure again and the problem came up again.

Sending of mail is ok - no problem at all.

What can I do to solve the problem?

With best regards from Osnabrueck,
Uwe
--
Sachkunde kann eine lebhafte Diskussion nur behindern

Richard E. Silverman

Oct 30, 2005, 10:19:38 PM10/30/05

This newsgroup is about SSH, not SSL.

--
Richard Silverman
r...@qoxp.net

Uwe Stoeckel

Oct 31, 2005, 1:56:30 AM10/31/05
Richard!
On 30 Oct 2005 22:19:38 -0500, "Richard E. Silverman" <r...@qoxp.net>
wrote:

>This newsgroup is about SSH, not SSL.

I am sorry.
I am not far enough in the matter to even know the difference between
SSH and SSL.

With apologies for any inconvenience caused,

Nico Kadel-Garcia

Oct 31, 2005, 7:26:32 AM10/31/05

"Uwe Stoeckel" <my_...@gmx.com> wrote in message

> Richard!
> On 30 Oct 2005 22:19:38 -0500, "Richard E. Silverman" <r...@qoxp.net>
> wrote:
>
>>This newsgroup is about SSH, not SSL.
>
> I am sorry.
> I am not far enough in the matter to even know the difference between
> SSH and SSL.
>
> With apologies for any inconvenience caused,
> Uwe

No problem, it happens. You're less likely to get a good answer, though. I
don't see an equivalent group for SSL. Perhaps one of the newsgroups about
mail or about eudora, like comp.mail.eudora, would be helpful to you?

Uwe Stoeckel

Oct 31, 2005, 10:08:41 AM10/31/05
Niko!

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:26:32 -0500, "Nico Kadel-Garcia"
<nka...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Perhaps one of the newsgroups about
>mail or about eudora, like comp.mail.eudora, would be helpful to you?

Thanks!
I 'll try it there.