How do I look inside an .exe file to view the programming

corbyguy

Nov 11, 2007, 1:57:09 PM11/11/07
Hello

I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
.exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
program.

Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
can view and read the written program?

Jamie

Ian Collins

Nov 11, 2007, 1:56:54 PM11/11/07
corbyguy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> ..exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> program.
>
> Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> can view and read the written program?

You jest?

--
Ian Collins.

John Dallman

Nov 11, 2007, 3:17:00 PM11/11/07
In article <9gIZi.6511$Ew3....@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net>,
corb...@ntlworld.com (corbyguy) wrote:

That's a question pretty much equivalent to asking "Where in my car are
the full plans and building specifications hidden?" There are ways of
programming where the "program" that you run is the "source code", the
text that the programmer writes. But pretty well none of those produce
.exe files.

Most .exe files are written in programming languages that are
"compiled". This term has a special meaning for computer people: it
means translating the program from the form that a human can read and
write into a form whereby the computer's processor can run it. This is
not, in general, a reversible process. Many kinds of information that
humans find important or vital in working with a program's source code
are discarded in the process of compilation. This includes all the names
for parts of the program and for items of data within it, all the
explanatory text, and many more things not easily described.

Further, you are in quite the wrong place to be asking this question. To
continue with the car analogy, you have done the equivalent of walking
into a meeting of metallurgists - people who develop metal alloys, not
cars - and asking them about your car, without knowing what make or
model your car is. Nobody is blaming you for this because your naivety
is pretty obvious, but you aren't likely to get the kind of help you
need.

Do you have any experience of computer programming at all? You would
need that to make sense of the source code of any program. If not, you
may wish to learn it, but it is not something that you can pick up in a
few newsgroup postings. It's about as complex, and boring as chartered
accountancy, but much more subdivided. For example, you would expect any
accountant to be able to make some sense of the books of any company.
This is not true with programmers: if accountants were divided into
fifty or so different schools, of widely varying size, that did the
books for different kinds of companies in utterly incompatible ways,
disagreeing over the meanings of terms such as "profit" and "income",
they'd be much more like programmers.

If you want to learn programming, expect to spend money on books about
it, programs for doing it, and some basic training courses. Expect it to
take time: months for basic proficiency, years to get good at it.

--
John Dallman, j...@cix.co.uk, HTML mail is treated as probable spam.

David Schwartz

Nov 12, 2007, 7:37:59 PM11/12/07

Given how poorly your question is asked, I doubt the answer would be
of any use to you. It's like if someone asked, "what tools would I
need to build a bridge across the Hudson River?" Anyone who wouldn't
even mention what kind of bridge he's building is obviously not going
to be able to build a bridge even with the right tools.

(Is this a Windows executable? 32-bits? And what does this have to do
with comp.programming.threads subject matter?)

But, FWIW, here's an example of the type of program you think you're
looking for:
http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm

DS

m.p.va...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2012, 11:43:54 AM8/23/12
u guyz r rude. serouslee, the brew Ian axed a str8t up qestion.
shur, he haz limited bakground knowledge but that doesn't meen you should tear into hymn about the complexity of your work. OK, you're a programmer, we're past that... Now answer our god dam qestions about compooters without being a snoody.
"Given how poorly your question is asked"... get over yourshelf

thor...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2012, 1:59:05 AM9/13/12
get PE Explorer, I use it all the time to view .exe and .dll files

thor...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2012, 1:59:29 AM9/13/12
how hard was this answer people, seriously

Noob

Sep 13, 2012, 5:16:39 AM9/13/12
thormundi wrote:

> how hard was this answer people, seriously

More importantly, how topical and how timely was it?

arun...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2012, 5:23:13 AM12/13/12
to j...@cix.co.uk
u seem pretty pissed off at his foolness!!!

treetaxi

Dec 13, 2012, 10:34:43 AM12/13/12
You must be new to the internet if you thought that was mean-spirited.
He went to a lot of trouble to go into EXCRUCIATING detail to describe
the can of worms the guy was thinking about opening.

*I* found it informative. He did him a kindness.

musatovat...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2012, 7:47:17 PM12/16/12
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:57:09 AM UTC-8, corbyguy wrote:
There is a program called Resource explorer you can try first.

jbone...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2012, 1:59:54 PM12/26/12
to j...@cix.co.uk
Very well put John Dallman...nice.

~Jason

perryc...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2013, 1:19:59 AM1/5/13
On Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:43:54 AM UTC-5, m.p.va...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 12, 2007 7:37:59 PM UTC-5, David Schwartz wrote:
>
> > On Nov 11, 10:57 am, "corbyguy" <corby...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> > > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
>
> > > .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
>
> > > program.
> I discovered this question because I googled the same poorly-asked question. Why, because I am sitting here writing a x.bat file to autoexecute an x.exe file to load a small OS on reboot.
Having a little trouble with a few things so it came to me that I might get a lead (an idea) if I could learn a little about the x.exe that I was attempting to run.
Does this mean that I need or want to learn programming? No, where did that assumption come from that led to all that "look-at-me feedback?
As suggested below I am looking into PE Explorer and "elsewhere for my two-cents worth.

pankajti...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2013, 12:52:34 PM2/7/13
to j...@cix.co.uk
Is human-body an example of encapsulation? perhaps because the internal components like heart and lunge are not visible to outsiders(other people).
one of my friend said that
"it's not because when we breath in polluted air(interaction with outsider world) we become ill..on the other hand encapsulation protects everything from outside"

I thought it should be an example of Encapsulation :(

jooby...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2013, 8:24:53 AM3/3/13
Sometimes I want to install a wireless networki card or printer driver on a computer. Some wireless network card and printer driver packages
come with extra software you don't need. A lot of times preventing the installation of this "bloatware" is impossible. When you click that single ".exe" or ".msi" file the installation process automatically throws the unnecessary software on your computer no matter what.

To prevent the extra software from installing you need to open up the ".exe" or ".msi" file on your computer. When you do this you will see all the contents within the ".exe" or ".msi" independently accessible.

Note: The video tutorial below shows you how to extract an ".exe" file but it will work the same way to extract an ".msi" file.

In the following Extracting an ".exe" File video tutorial I will take you step-by-step and you will easily learn the following…
1. Where to find and how-to download the free 7-zip file archiver
2. How-To extract an .exe file onto your desktop and look at its contents

samwat...@me.com

Mar 8, 2013, 8:52:14 AM3/8/13
Yes, black magic.

And also a complete suite of white hat decryption and reverse-engineering tools.

That's what you need to read an already compiled file's source code. And even after reverse-engineering it, it may still not be correct.

@slash

Jul 12, 2013, 7:29:33 AM7/12/13
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:57:09 AM UTC-8, corbyguy wrote:
Hello,

A .exe file is noyhing but a series of Hex code written in Assmbly level Language.There is a softawre "Hex Editor". Using this you can open the .exe file.

suchith...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2013, 4:02:44 AM7/31/13

syst...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2013, 11:30:52 PM8/21/13
ok jamie I will join this old thread. I like others have been able to edit a
file with the .exe extension. I remember being able to find and locate jiberish
code that is telling of port status and other acsii crap. To screw with a file
you need an editor like previous person said - low level capable of displaying
all the funny looking code. remember to save the orig. file and edit away at will. save file under different name and try running. Remember to not change things that disrupt the flow and structure of code. At times you will want to
re-allign things or delete or add delimiters. You can modify programs this way
but it is like playing slots with out more knowledge. I have removed hardware
devices this way and added stop prompting to 32bit programs. I stopped doing
this crap years ago but remember some good results after trial and error time.
get a free 16 bit compiler like pascal or fortran - enter some simple examples
with I/O included - compile - hack .exe you made. then you will see. try infoed
editor. azerooraone.

sukot...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2013, 11:47:33 AM9/26/13
some ppl... thx for asking the question helped me loads

jfranc...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2013, 2:36:00 PM10/1/13
let me know where you went to school so I can make sure I don't send my kids there. Thanks.

rus...@googlemail.com

Oct 15, 2013, 11:32:19 AM10/15/13
As this is the top link returned when searching for something similar to the OP, you will find this tool very useful:

http://www.jetbrains.com/decompiler/features/

goldee...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2013, 7:02:28 AM11/26/13
not even one at least one answer. someone should not write here poems, but simply copy and paste a SOFTWARE how it looks like. line after line.

meow

Mar 14, 2014, 5:04:41 AM3/14/14
problem with some programmers is the ego^^ it drives them to hang out in these shitty forums so they can big note themselves as a counter balance to a usually somewhat lacking sex life :P

ryan.le...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2014, 3:21:57 PM3/26/14
The question was poorly asked. And you need to take a few English lessons.

mouni...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2014, 4:20:14 PM3/26/14
what the hell is dis !!
mmany useful comments thanks for sharing ..

origina...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2014, 12:17:27 PM7/10/14
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 1:57:09 PM UTC-5, corbyguy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> program.
>
> Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> can view and read the written program?
>
> Jamie
WHY ARE WE STILL POSTING?

cimili...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2014, 7:13:48 AM7/20/14
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 7:57:09 PM UTC+1, corbyguy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> program.
>
> Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> can view and read the written program?
>
> Jamie

Hi,
well i was searching for the same question on internet and i found that resource tuner is a great program. you even can change buttons of exe programs or animations or functions or whatever.

have a good day

smo.tech...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2014, 4:53:36 AM7/30/14
i think you are a fool person and not to be a good parent. and you also make your kids fool like you

saya.donn...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2014, 3:25:16 AM8/6/14
Always judging by you are own prespective.. Sigh..

expositio...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2014, 9:11:29 AM9/8/14
To be honest I don't understand what the guy did wrong by asking this question. Sometimes I download various kinds of programms such as game save editors, and I kind of want to be sure that there is no malicious code sitting in that .exe file when I run it. My knowledge of programming languages may be limited, but it still allows me to figure out when something is wrong. So thank you for asking the question, Jamie

dez...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2014, 11:41:14 PM10/29/14
You need a decompiler

ckay...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2014, 1:32:47 PM11/24/14
On Monday, November 12, 2007 4:37:59 PM UTC-8, David Schwartz wrote:
> On Nov 11, 10:57 am, "corbyguy" <corby...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> > .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> > program.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> > can view and read the written program?
> >
> > Jamie
>
> Given how poorly your question is asked, I doubt the answer would be
> of any use to you. It's like if someone asked, "what tools would I
> need to build a bridge across the Hudson River?" Anyone who wouldn't
> even mention what kind of bridge he's building is obviously not going
> to be able to build a bridge even with the right tools.
>
> (Is this a Windows executable? 32-bits? And what does this have to do
> with comp.programming.threads subject matter?)
>
> But, FWIW, here's an example of the type of program you think you're
> looking for:
> http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
>
> DS

HOW ABOUT JUST TRY TO ANSWER IT AS BEST AS YOU CAN INSTEAD OF BEING A FUCKIN PUNK ABOUT IT.. Just like you can open up Disk Images/ISO you CAN open a EXE file as well and see the files and data assosiated with the file.

tto...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2015, 12:06:50 AM1/23/15
11 Kasım 2007 Pazar 22:17:00 UTC+2 tarihinde John Dallman yazdı:
> In article <9gIZi.6511$Ew3....@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net>,
> corb...@ntlworld.com (corbyguy) wrote:
>
> > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look
> > inside this .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the
> > details of the program.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe
> > file so I can view and read the written program?

You forgot to mention about stars and blackholes. Seriously, get help if you didn't already.

ljs...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2015, 1:29:10 PM2/25/15
On Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 5:43:54 PM UTC+2, m.p.va...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 12, 2007 7:37:59 PM UTC-5, David Schwartz wrote:
> > On Nov 11, 10:57 am, "corbyguy" <corby...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> > > .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> > > program.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> > > can view and read the written program?
> > >
> > > Jamie
> >
> > Given how poorly your question is asked, I doubt the answer would be
> > of any use to you. It's like if someone asked, "what tools would I
> > need to build a bridge across the Hudson River?" Anyone who wouldn't
> > even mention what kind of bridge he's building is obviously not going
> > to be able to build a bridge even with the right tools.
> >
> > (Is this a Windows executable? 32-bits? And what does this have to do
> > with comp.programming.threads subject matter?)
> >
> > But, FWIW, here's an example of the type of program you think you're
> > looking for:
> > http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
> >
> > DS
>
> u guyz r rude. serouslee, the brew Ian axed a str8t up qestion.
> shur, he haz limited bakground knowledge but that doesn't meen you should tear into hymn about the complexity of your work. OK, you're a programmer, we're past that... Now answer our god dam qestions about compooters without being a snoody.
> "Given how poorly your question is asked"... get over yourshelf

Thank you my brother. Because they can tell the guy was asking a question what vaguely; they could have just asked him what he meant by explaining a few things to him and not biting his head off.

jana.s...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2015, 11:20:22 AM6/14/15
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 12:57:09 PM UTC-6, corbyguy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> program.
>
> Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> can view and read the written program?
>
> Jamie

Thank you for your question Jamie... I too was looking for the answer and found the software mentioned by the considerate people who kindly provided answers. Thank you guys. As for as the other comments, it is a shame these cowards hide behind a computer screen bullying people for no reason.

ilovem...@hotmail.com

Jul 7, 2015, 4:52:11 AM7/7/15
On Friday, 24 August 2012 01:43:54 UTC+10, m.p.va...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 12, 2007 7:37:59 PM UTC-5, David Schwartz wrote:
> > On Nov 11, 10:57 am, "corbyguy" <corby...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> > > .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> > > program.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> > > can view and read the written program?
> > >
> > > Jamie
> >
> > Given how poorly your question is asked, I doubt the answer would be
> > of any use to you. It's like if someone asked, "what tools would I
> > need to build a bridge across the Hudson River?" Anyone who wouldn't
> > even mention what kind of bridge he's building is obviously not going
> > to be able to build a bridge even with the right tools.
> >
> > (Is this a Windows executable? 32-bits? And what does this have to do
> > with comp.programming.threads subject matter?)
> >
> > But, FWIW, here's an example of the type of program you think you're
> > looking for:
> > http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
> >
> > DS
>
> u guyz r rude. serouslee, the brew Ian axed a str8t up qestion.
> shur, he haz limited bakground knowledge but that doesn't meen you should tear into hymn about the complexity of your work. OK, you're a programmer, we're past that... Now answer our god dam qestions about compooters without being a snoody.
> "Given how poorly your question is asked"... get over yourshelf

You* guys* are* rude,* seriously.* The* asked* straight* question*
Sure* has* background* mean* him* questions* computers* yourself*

Seriously, what the actual fuck, kid? Get the fuck off the Internet and go back to primary school.

181...@pcti.mobi

Jul 19, 2015, 8:04:03 PM7/19/15
Are YOU SERIOUS?? HE JUST ASKED A QUESTION> MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO KINDERGARTEN TO LEARN RESPECT YOU DUMB ASS.

Anyways, that's a good question. I really don't know. I'm sorry. I wish i would tell you, WITHOUT BEING A DICK.

Behrooz Amoozad

Jul 30, 2015, 7:05:43 AM7/30/15
Impressive, comp.programming.threads. I don't think there are more than a dozen topics hardar than this in programming. and this question.
if you don't know where to ask you have no business modifying compiled code.

Behrooz Amoozad

Jul 30, 2015, 7:05:46 AM7/30/15

wolf...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2015, 11:48:42 AM8/19/15
On Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 5:16:39 AM UTC-4, Noob wrote:
> thormundi wrote:
>
> > how hard was this answer people, seriously
>
> More importantly, how topical and how timely was it?

Fan-fucking-tastic. Your response was great.

jmaste...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2015, 4:25:32 AM10/13/15
I actually can't believe this has been going since 2007, anyway i was just trying to do this for a program that my mate and I created in Visual Studio but i lost the source project and was thinking of modifying the code.

nigr...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2015, 7:12:16 PM11/9/15
Jmaste, Sometimes intelligent programmers will decompile their programs to assembly code and then edit the assembly code instead of the source, why would they do this? I don't really know why, except to make the code run faster on PCs, (they did this with windows OS)

zheis...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2015, 5:25:19 PM11/18/15
On Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 8:43:54 AM UTC-7, m.p.va...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 12, 2007 7:37:59 PM UTC-5, David Schwartz wrote:
> > On Nov 11, 10:57 am, "corbyguy" <corby...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> > > .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> > > program.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> > > can view and read the written program?
> > >
> > > Jamie
> >
> > Given how poorly your question is asked, I doubt the answer would be
> > of any use to you. It's like if someone asked, "what tools would I
> > need to build a bridge across the Hudson River?" Anyone who wouldn't
> > even mention what kind of bridge he's building is obviously not going
> > to be able to build a bridge even with the right tools.
> >
> > (Is this a Windows executable? 32-bits? And what does this have to do
> > with comp.programming.threads subject matter?)
> >
> > But, FWIW, here's an example of the type of program you think you're
> > looking for:
> > http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
> >
> > DS
>
> u guyz r rude. serouslee, the brew Ian axed a str8t up qestion.
> shur, he haz limited bakground knowledge but that doesn't meen you should tear into hymn about the complexity of your work. OK, you're a programmer, we're past that... Now answer our god dam qestions about compooters without being a snoody.
> "Given how poorly your question is asked"... get over yourshelf

this is very common, "you talked to a fool and he calls you foolish"

prashan...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2015, 6:26:25 PM11/28/15
I also agree with you ..............As if question is not an abuse , then question itself justifying ,,,,that ....why i am in dictionary ????????????

yirga...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2015, 1:33:40 PM12/19/15
some of you shut your mouth you can do it using decompiler. search google

dmda...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2015, 11:09:44 AM12/23/15
Is a difficult question, but well placed!
Are our existing tools that do not allow us to do such a thing and why we're not as smart as you, but do you think there are people far more prepared than you that you are giving to do to fix this?
The question is not silly indeed very clever!

event...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2016, 10:45:02 AM1/6/16
On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 11:59:05 PM UTC-6, thor...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:57:09 AM UTC-8, corbyguy wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> > .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> > program.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> > can view and read the written program?
> >
> > Jamie
>
> get PE Explorer, I use it all the time to view .exe and .dll files

Thank you. I'm an SA, ex-developer. I use to do this alot for Reverse Engineering purposes. I haven't don't this in a while. But recently came up with a need for this.

A strait forward answer, and the correct one, without any of the extra hoopla.

event...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2016, 10:49:47 AM1/6/16
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:34:43 AM UTC-7, treetaxi wrote:

> > u seem pretty pissed off at his foolness!!!
>
> You must be new to the internet if you thought that was mean-spirited.
> He went to a lot of trouble to go into EXCRUCIATING detail to describe
> the can of worms the guy was thinking about opening.
>
> *I* found it informative. He did him a kindness.

In my humble opinion, some of the "experts" put too much thought in the wrong direction. Either they didn't understand exactly what the OP was asking, or they simply did not know the answer. Why is it so hard for an "expert" to say, "I don't know". And let someone who knows the answer chime in. Rather than going off on a rant about nothing.

Thor was able to answer the OP's question in a 1 short sentence.

Just my two cents. From someone who's been in IT a very long time on both sides of the fence.

You all take care.

aj48...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2016, 4:14:34 PM1/8/16
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 10:57:09 AM UTC-8, corbyguy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> program.
>
> Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> can view and read the written program?
>
> Jamie

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Debuggers-Decompilers-Dissasemblers/WDASM.shtml

tycho...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2016, 8:08:14 AM4/17/16
Well, here is the real answer...
It could be coded with any type of coding program what means that if its in JAVA coded it will have JAVA codes but if it is coded in an diffrent type of studio it will be diffrent to...

The only thing I can help you with is cracking a .bat file and you can crack it with: http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/#download

I hope this post worked for you...

swapnilso...@gmail.com

May 8, 2016, 1:22:11 AM5/8/16
On Monday, 12 November 2007 01:47:00 UTC+5:30, John Dallman wrote:
> In article <9gIZi.6511$Ew3....@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net>,
> corb...@ntlworld.com (corbyguy) wrote:
>
> > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look
> > inside this .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the
> > details of the program.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe
> > file so I can view and read the written program?
>
> John Dallman, j...@cix.co.uk, HTML mail is treated as probable spam.

Maybe he could read Binary. You never know.

the janky

Jun 27, 2016, 10:00:20 AM6/27/16
010010010010000001101000011010010110011101101000011011000111100100100000011001000110111101110101011000100111010000100000011010010111010000101110

lukelik...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2016, 11:29:57 AM8/16/16
Hahaha!
Nice Binary Language!
I also doubt it.

murk...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2016, 6:06:46 PM8/16/16

01110011 01110101 01100011 01100011

wayner...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2016, 1:31:12 AM10/21/16
The original poster asked a question that they were curious about. How hard was it for the smartass idiotic fucks giving the OP a hard time to just reply in a respectful and dignified tone.

Drop the holier than thou mentality you ignorant shitheads and when a question is asked, respond in a polite, professional manner - or not at all. Idiots.

equa...@outlook.com

Nov 10, 2016, 1:57:18 PM11/10/16
You can open it with winrar

thutaa...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2016, 11:49:12 AM11/12/16
you can read by changing .html file.

hsae...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2017, 9:31:38 AM3/22/17
On Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 11:43:54 AM UTC-4, m.p.va...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 12, 2007 7:37:59 PM UTC-5, David Schwartz wrote:
> > On Nov 11, 10:57 am, "corbyguy" <corby...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> > > .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> > > program.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> > > can view and read the written program?
> > >
> > > Jamie
> >
> > Given how poorly your question is asked, I doubt the answer would be
> > of any use to you. It's like if someone asked, "what tools would I
> > need to build a bridge across the Hudson River?" Anyone who wouldn't
> > even mention what kind of bridge he's building is obviously not going
> > to be able to build a bridge even with the right tools.
> >
> > (Is this a Windows executable? 32-bits? And what does this have to do
> > with comp.programming.threads subject matter?)
> >
> > But, FWIW, here's an example of the type of program you think you're
> > looking for:
> > http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
> >
> > DS
>
> u guyz r rude. serouslee, the brew Ian axed a str8t up qestion.
> shur, he haz limited bakground knowledge but that doesn't meen you should tear into hymn about the complexity of your work. OK, you're a programmer, we're past that... Now answer our god dam qestions about compooters without being a snoody.
> "Given how poorly your question is asked"... get over yourshelf

Please learn how to speak and type proper English before you make this country look even more ridiculous. What are you, FIVE?

electrict...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2017, 6:13:26 PM4/5/17
I don't know. Maybe we should all get over our shelves. It might be relaxing and I might find that comic I lost, 'bout a month ago.

bloob...@gmail.com

May 12, 2017, 10:30:32 AM5/12/17
On Monday, November 12, 2007 at 6:37:59 PM UTC-6, David Schwartz wrote:
> On Nov 11, 10:57 am, "corbyguy" <corby...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> > .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> > program.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> > can view and read the written program?
> >
> > Jamie
>
> Given how poorly your question is asked, I doubt the answer would be
> of any use to you. It's like if someone asked, "what tools would I
> need to build a bridge across the Hudson River?" Anyone who wouldn't
> even mention what kind of bridge he's building is obviously not going
> to be able to build a bridge even with the right tools.
>
> (Is this a Windows executable? 32-bits? And what does this have to do
> with comp.programming.threads subject matter?)
>
> But, FWIW, here's an example of the type of program you think you're
> looking for:
> http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
>
> DS

David schwarts your an asshole fo real im over 30yr and ive used exe eviwers and editors to "modify " and "unlock" programs to purchase but i didnt use any of them in years and i forgot so i google it in simple terms and this came up your such a shit and should apologize if you still use this account to us all over here for being a fucking chump bitch fuck you .

sbu...@googlemail.com

Jul 23, 2017, 7:01:06 AM7/23/17
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 6:57:09 PM UTC, corbyguy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> program.
>
> Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> can view and read the written program?
>
> Jamie

yeah, ancient thread, TL,DR mostly... But did anyone ask the guy for more of what he was trying???

Corbyguy, if you are still there :) what do you mean by 'view and read the written program' ??? Note I am ONLY talking about the .EXE file!

are you hoping to find something like this?? :)

#include<stdio.h>
int main()
{
printf("hello World!");
return 0;
}

sorry, not that simple, as above posters have tried to say, it is 'compiled/ converted in to 'machine code' that the computer can use, eg..

74 20 62 65 20 72 75 6E 20 69 6E 20 44 4F 53 20

you can download a 'hex editor' for this, so you can see how to **totally ruin** your windows if not careful!!

sbu...@googlemail.com

Jul 23, 2017, 8:40:11 AM7/23/17
maybe if you behaved like an adult they would treat you like one... :)

antn...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2017, 5:13:40 PM11/1/17
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 3:17:00 PM UTC-5, John Dallman wrote:
> In article <9gIZi.6511$Ew3....@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net>,
> corb...@ntlworld.com (corbyguy) wrote:
>
> > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look
> > inside this .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the
> > details of the program.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe
> > file so I can view and read the written program?

Jesus Christ just get to the damn point.

alexisc...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2017, 4:21:41 PM11/22/17
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 1:57:09 PM UTC-5, corbyguy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> program.
>
> Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> can view and read the written program?
>
> Jamie

Hi there, I'm pretty new to programming and have been working as an intern for about 4 months now. I think someone has already mentioned this but JetBrains has a great decompiler that I've used on the job to expose a .exe program (that is using .NET assemblies) written by one of the company's partners. It's simple to use, you can just drag and drop your .exe program file in the "Assembly Explorer" panel.

Here's the link, enjoy: http://www.jetbrains.com/decompiler/

nicla...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2017, 3:47:47 PM12/26/17
Oh yeah xD... This should help you Alot more xD Look at this link

Link the help: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Exe-File

And my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY6JHXrlcWtW-wBO73JHTGw

(It's my oldest and my most closest to 0 sub channel i have xD)

evama...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2018, 12:17:41 PM7/21/18
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 12:57:09 PM UTC-6, corbyguy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> program.
>
> Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> can view and read the written program?
>
> Jamie

Why is every computer tech forum full of a bunch of pretentious assholes who have no friends? You wimpy asses would get your teeth knocked out in the real world.

Robert Wessel

Jul 21, 2018, 2:28:12 PM7/21/18
And yet *you're* the one who found enough free time and motivation to
reply to a decade-old Usenet post.

emadams

Jul 21, 2018, 2:37:18 PM7/21/18
Likewise.

Yes, I googled the exact same question. I can't help but notice the pompous attitudes on every forum that I read when googling questions. It is worth noting.

shoes...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2018, 8:28:17 PM10/22/18
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 1:57:09 PM UTC-5, corbyguy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> program.
>
> Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> can view and read the written program?
>
> Jamie

Can we keep this post alive for the sake of the internet?

cb13...@gmail.com

May 2, 2019, 3:37:57 PM5/2/19
On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 12:37:59 AM UTC, David Schwartz wrote:
> On Nov 11, 10:57 am, "corbyguy" <corby...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > I have downloaded an .exe program file and I would like to look inside this
> > .exe program file to have a look at, view and read the details of the
> > program.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open up this .exe file so I
> > can view and read the written program?
> >
> > Jamie
>
> Given how poorly your question is asked, I doubt the answer would be
> of any use to you. It's like if someone asked, "what tools would I
> need to build a bridge across the Hudson River?" Anyone who wouldn't
> even mention what kind of bridge he's building is obviously not going
> to be able to build a bridge even with the right tools.
>
> (Is this a Windows executable? 32-bits? And what does this have to do
> with comp.programming.threads subject matter?)
>
> But, FWIW, here's an example of the type of program you think you're
> looking for:
> http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
>
> DS

How else was he supposed to ask the question? Did you want the question in source code format as well??

tbtu...@gmail.com

May 13, 2019, 6:09:24 PM5/13/19
What you find "informative" is also PAINSTAKINGLY written as a backhanded compliment", per se. Call it what you want, many people are dicks to a novice to their profession. But you may be one of "them", so this still shoots straight over your head.

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 7:34:43 AM UTC-8, treetaxi wrote:
> On 12/13/2012 03:23 AM, arun...@gmail.com wrote:

avanzin...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2019, 7:28:44 PM7/29/19
How i can see the script of a .exe file? i have the permissions to see it but idk how to do that

Victor Stark

Oct 1, 2021, 10:11:47 AM10/1/21
On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 4:28:44 PM UTC-7, avanzin...@gmail.com wrote:
> How i can see the script of a .exe file? i have the permissions to see it but idk how to do that

I had the same question so thank you to all the respectful answers. As for the first smart*ss answeres...You got owned!

Branimir Maksimovic

Oct 1, 2021, 2:14:11 PM10/1/21
Own me !
To look inside file use vim!

--

7-77-777
Evil Sinner!

Mathew Burkitt

Sep 13, 2022, 6:17:22 AM9/13/22
Yeah, what ever happened to the netiquette maxim "don't bite the newbies"?
We were all there once.

ButtermanW

Sep 24, 2022, 8:01:41 PM9/24/22
On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 8:41:14 PM UTC-7, dez...@gmail.com wrote:
> You need a decompiler
do you have an example of such a decompiler he could use?

Kartik Chugh

Jul 5, 2023, 2:07:44 PM7/5/23