Getting Started

kohnen...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2016, 3:48:02 PM3/4/16
Hello Everyone

My Name is Andrew Kohnen. I am new to literate programming want to give noweb a try. However there is a lack of good tutorials on how to install and run noweb.

At this time, all I want to do is be able to create simple .nw file that I will be able to turn into a pdf or tex file with the word "Hello" with weave and a simple java program that prints out "hello" with the tangle

Something like this:
<<input.tex>>=
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\definecolor{background}{HTML}{F68767}
\begin{document}
hello
\end{document}
@

<<test.java>>=
public class test {

System.out.println("Hello");
}

}
@

I am in desperate need of help with this. Thank you for reading.

Joe Riel

Apr 7, 2016, 6:06:51 PM4/7/16
Just insert that content into, say, tmp.nw and run noweb on it;

$ noweb tmp.nw

That will produce input.tex and test.java.
Run, say, pdflatex, on input.tex.

--
Joe Riel