Is there any tools to generate literate program in python?

ChrisChia

Sep 28, 2010, 3:55:41 PM9/28/10
Is there any tools to generate literate program in python?

Pascal J. Bourguignon

Sep 29, 2010, 10:12:15 PM9/29/10
ChrisChia <chris...@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there any tools to generate literate program in python?

Google for: reStructuredText literate programming python

acrussell

Sep 29, 2010, 10:30:54 PM9/29/10
On 9/28/2010 3:55 PM, ChrisChia wrote:
> Is there any tools to generate literate program in python?
You best choices would probably be
Leo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_%28text_editor%29
Nuweb http://nuweb.sourceforge.net/
or
NoWeb http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noweb

tmaynard

Sep 29, 2010, 10:31:25 PM9/29/10
On Sep 28, 2:55 pm, ChrisChia <chrischi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any tools to generate literate program in python?

A quick Google with "python literate" yields 87,000 hits (many of them
are false positives). I have tried some of them, but I choose Nuweb
-- it's language independent, fast as blazes, respects (and preserves)
indentation, and generates LaTeX output.

dtopham

Sep 30, 2010, 2:27:06 PM9/30/10

I have been using nuweb for about a year and like it very much. I use
it for C++ and ASM code. It is the simplest of the literate
programming tools. I had used Funnelweb before nuweb and also like
that one, but it has the "problem" of trying to be independent of the
target documentation language with the two choices of latex (actually
tex) or html. That would be OK, but there are no macros defined to
allow for inclusion of graphics. Nuweb only produces latex (better
than tex) so any latex commands are accepted and it is easy to add
graphics.

rocher

Oct 1, 2010, 4:42:05 AM10/1/10
On Sep 28, 9:55 pm, ChrisChia <chrischi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any tools to generate literate program in python?

If you like Emacs and only want to work at edit-level (no export to
other formats, like html or LaTeX), please give QWE a chance.
Although it is in a very early stage of development, in no more than
20 minutes you'll see what QWE can do for you.
Please visit http://www.nongnu.org/qwe for more information.

aqu...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2013, 5:41:46 PM3/2/13

Please see http://code.google.com/p/nano-lp/ - this tool is written in Python, supports many formats (including reStructuredText), free and open-source.