Canon iR3220i send job error codes?

pwc

Dec 18, 2007, 12:30:02 PM12/18/07
Using an ImagePASS C1 attached to an iR3220i color copier, the Send
Job (email) function has stopped working; I haven't been able to find
an explanation of the error codes provided in the log anywhere, and
Canon's tech support has been (shocking I know) quite useless.

The "end codes" I'm trying to find definition for are 839 and 995
(though I think that one may simply be a local cancellation of the
send job).

Used to work, now doesn't. Anyone?

Jay.Englund

Feb 15, 2008, 10:36:33 AM2/15/08
We have the same problem with an iR C2880. We use 2003 Active
Directory, and SMTP is working on other new Canon printers with the
same settings and setup. Although our error/end code is #801. (Also
get #995, which must be the "user cancelled.") We are only trying to
email scans to our company addresses, internally, MS Exchange 2003.
All of these Canon printers were installed new together at the same
time around 3 or 4 months ago, and have the latest Canon software.
Thank you.
Jay Englund, MCP

Jay.Englund

Feb 26, 2008, 8:51:00 AM2/26/08
Prologue:
The original poster's problem was resolved: "the entire RIP was
failing - had to replace the HD and re-
image it with the OS."

My problem was resolved by adding permission to Exchange/SMTP for each
printer device.
Exchg Sys Man...
Domain...
Admin Grps...
1st Admin Grp...
Servers...
Your Exchg Server...
Protocols...
SMTP...
Default SMTP...
Props...
Access...
Connection...
Add the IP of each Printer.
(You may need to power cycle each device.)
E-mail me if you need a better explanation.