53.13.03 Problem with HP LaserJet 4MP

All Laser Service

Nov 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/17/97
to Edward Metzler

The 53 error indicates a SIMM malfunction indicated by 53.XYZZ. From the table:

53 = SIMM Malfunction
1(X) = RAM
3(Y) = in SIMM Slot 3
0(Z) = Unsupported memory
3(Z) = Failed RAM test

Sounds like you have an unsupported SIMM in slot 3 which failed the RAM test.
Take it out and try again. If you need the correct SIMM, take a look at
http://www.all-laser.com/hp.html Hope this helps!

--
Jeff http://www.all-laser.com
All Laser Service Laser Printer Parts & Supplies

--
Jeff http://www.all-laser.com
All Laser Service Laser Printer Parts & Supplies
Sunnyvale, CA Compatible Inkjet Cartridges
(408) 734-2300 Laser Printer Error Code Info

Edward Metzler

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

Unfortunately, I do not have a SIMM Slot 3 as far as I can tell. It looks
like there are only two SIMM slots after I open the access panel. If there
is a SIMM slot 3, how do I get access to it.

All Laser Service

Nov 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/19/97
to Edward Metzler

The 4MP has three slots but the first one is taken up with the postscript SIMM.
You have two slots left for memory upgrades. Remove the memory from these slots
and see if your problem goes away. It should since the error indicates
incompatible SIMM(s). Hope this helps.

Jeff http://www.all-laser.com
All Laser Service Laser Printer Parts & Supplies Weekly Special at
http://www.all-laser.com/weekly.html
Sunnyvale, CA Compatible Inkjet Cartridges Special sale
items each week