Difference between pSOS and VxWorks

tps

Jun 3, 2004, 12:11:12 AM6/3/04
I would like to know differences between pSOS and VxWorks in terms of
service, performance etc...

Thanks,
tps

s.subbarayan

Jun 4, 2004, 12:18:31 AM6/4/04
There are not much of differences between both but I will give u a few
differences I came across:

1)Psos has 255 as highest priority and vxworks has zero as highest
priority.
2)Psos uses posix standard 1003.1 and vxworks has posix 1003.1b.
3)Psos does not define something exclusive called mutech
semaphore,vxworks defines it.
4)Psos has interrupt latency of something greater then 4.33 microsecs
where as vxworks has a lesser one though i am not aware of exact
figure.
5)The devicedriver architecture of psos uses I/O switch table,where as
vxworks does not have a Table implementation,but a different
architecture.
6)Psos uses interrupt descriptor table,vxworks uses interrupt vector
table.

There may be still many.But these are the things,I came across.

Regards,
s.subbarayan

Martin Raabe

Jun 8, 2004, 6:01:50 PM6/8/04
Hello tps,

"tps" <tps...@yahoo.co.in> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [...]

aks Wind River for it. There is a "pSOSystem Transition Kit" available at
Wind with the descriptions you are looking for.

Hope it helps.

Martin

--
BaSystem Martin Raabe
E: Martin.Raabe<at>B-a-S-y-s-t-e-m<dot>de