NFS Mount Command

hey_milind

Jan 24, 2008, 8:15:51 AM1/24/08
Hi All,
I have VxWork 6.3 image with NFS enabled. I am using following
things.

->nfsMount "pc","/c/ataApl","ataApl"
value = 0 = 0x0

-> cd "/ataApl"
value = 0 = 0x0
-> ls
Can;t open "(null)".
value = -1 = 0xffffffff
-> ld < system
C interp: unable to open 'system'.
errno = 0x30000d : S_nfsLib_NFSERR_ACCESS.

ls command is failing here. I have PC win XP. Where i have installed
the SFU on window to support NFS server/client also i have installed
server for PCNFS. All the services are running under windows.
I have shared the c:/ata (NFSsharing is enabled using NFS sharing TAB)
If any body has more info on this.

Regards
Milind

Matt Havener

Jan 24, 2008, 9:35:49 AM1/24/08

Your syntax on the VxWorks side looks correct. My guess would be the
configuration of your NFS server. Try the mailing list for PCNFS :)

peter....@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2008, 4:32:06 PM1/26/08
From what you have posted, in your message, the following looks like
the culprit.
You are mounting an NFS client using ...

nfsMount "pc","/c/ataApl","ataApl"
where ...
"pc" is name of server to which you want to connect
"/c/ataApl" is the name of the export directory on the server
"ataApI" is the name of your client's mount point.

Well, technically the 3rd parameter is not really the mount point, but
rather the name of the entry to be used in the device listing. And
this, is I believe wherein the problem lies. In your next step, you
are cd'ing to "/ataApI" using ...
cd "/ataApI"
Assuming there was not a typo in your post, the problem is that you
are trying to cd to "/ataApI", which does not exist in the device
table. However, "ataApI" does exist in the device table. Assuming
you are operating within kernel space, the cd command does not prevent
you from trying to cd to a non-existent directory. If you have PSE52
enabled and are operating in RTP space, then you will not be allowed
to cd to a non-existent directory.

I hope this helps.

Peter Mitsis

hey_milind

Jan 29, 2008, 5:05:51 AM1/29/08
> > Milind- Hide quoted text -

the problem got solved. it was the issue of the Windows local
security settings. I went to local security settings->Local policies-
>Security Options-> Let every one permissions apply to the anonymous
users. I have enabled this option. After that issue got resolved.