Firefox calling all left-wing fascists to donate

Richard Maher

Oct 18, 2017, 9:42:48 PM10/18/17

Neil Rieck

Oct 21, 2017, 7:38:03 PM10/21/17
On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 9:42:48 PM UTC-4, Richard Maher wrote:
> https://www.marklathamsoutsiders.com/firefox_hypocrisy

Not sure what Mark Latham is trying to dredge up here, but that event with Brendan Eich resigning as CEO of Mozilla happened in 2014.

Now while I have no opinion on that matter either way, I checked the wikipedia article for Brendan Eich where he is credited as being the creator of JavaScript.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Eich

If true, everyone in the technical world would (I'm sure) cut this guy some slack since there is no way that Web-2.0 could ever work without it. (re: AJAX, JQuery)

p.s. there has been a new (viscous) class of social warriors out there for almost a decade now prompting science and technology people to just keep neutral

Neil Rieck
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
http://neilrieck.net

Richard Maher

Oct 22, 2017, 7:51:17 PM10/22/17
He was referring to his very recent experience in using Firefox and
being asked to donate money to Mozilla for, among other things,
protecting "the right to free speech" on the web.

Hypocritical? Ironic?