My 2017 Boot Camp Sessions

Camiel Vanderhoeven

Oct 9, 2017, 8:02:28 AM10/9/17
As I did last year, I've made my sessions at this year's boot camp available on line: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwebt4CzDP_iNS54B2ZCY5mFwNoRV62lW

There are four sessions there:

- Reviving 1980's Supercomputers at Home (BOF session during Monday's lunch time, not much to do with VMS, everything to do with hobbyism)

- Comparing Architectures: VAX, Alpha, Itanium and X86-64 (mostly a repeat of last year)

- Interesting Features of the X86-64 Architecture (repeat of last year with some new content around TSX)

- Re-architecting SWIS for X86-64 (2 hour session, first hour general, second hour deeply technical about the design work I've been doing on the X86 port)

Enjoy!

Camiel vanderhoeven
Software Engineer

VMS Software, Inc.

Bob Koehler

Oct 9, 2017, 9:39:28 AM10/9/17
I've been looking at these on YouTube. Good stuff! Thanks much.

VAXman-

Oct 9, 2017, 12:11:03 PM10/9/17
In article <a8212e45-e28e-411b...@googlegroups.com>, Camiel Vanderhoeven <iamc...@gmail.com> writes:
I really enjoyed your SWIS presentation. THANKS x 1E+06!!!

IanD

Oct 14, 2017, 12:06:12 PM10/14/17
Thank you

I have started listening and am captivated to say the least!

The SWIS talk is superb, then again, every talk you give has a ring of quality and are structured really well

The Reviving 1980's Supercomputers at Home one I have found to be surprisingly good (I guess I wrongly assumed it would be just pictures of old hardware). How you acquired the equipment to power supplies blowing up all have made for a rather interesting talk indeed. I'm hoping to finish of the rest of it now in fact (Currently 3 a.m here!)

Really appreciate you taking the time to give feedback at to what happens at Bootcamp for the mere mortals of us that will probably never get there in person