Closing Shop - Free Equipment kednos.com

Tom Linden

Sep 16, 2016, 7:43:03 PM9/16/16
Have lots of stuff!, much of it very reliable, cluster ran unattended during 2015 whilst I was living in Switzerland including several power outages

2 ES45
2 DS20E
4 DS10L
4 PWS600
4 XP1000
VAX 4000 106 & 90
DS5000 Ultrix
1 ZX6000
3 2620 Itanium
HSG80 (174GB drives)
2 Brocade Fibre switches
(Most of the systems have redundant Fibre cards and redundant ethernet cards)
3 Cisco Ethernet switches
2 Cisco routers
2 Xyplex console
DLT tape carousel drive
Lots of new tapes
2 5KW UPS's
Rack
lots of cabling
BA356 differential controllers and cabling
racks
a number of complete doc sets for various versions of VMS and Tru64 in original leather albumns

This is off the top of my head, have lots of various spares

Can not ship, need to be picked up Pacific Grove, CA

No more PL/I hobbyist licenses.

the DS20E s were used for Alta Visit

Contact me off line plitomljl at gmail dot com

Tom

MG

Sep 17, 2016, 9:29:01 AM9/17/16
Op 17-sep-2016 om 01:43 schreef Tom Linden:
> DS5000 Ultrix

Out of curiosity, does this 'work' and is the operating system
(ULTRIX RISC? and which version?) plus additional software
available, too? (Since it's a bit more rare, especially now.)
Can you perhaps also tell more about the hardware specifications?

- MG

Tom Linden

Sep 17, 2016, 12:57:41 PM9/17/16
It worked last time it was powered up. Can't remember if it was version 4.4 or 4.5. It also has PL/I on it.

BTW should have been Alta Vista which came out of DECs Palo Alto labs

Michael Moroney

Sep 17, 2016, 8:56:36 PM9/17/16
Tom Linden <tomlj...@gmail.com> writes:

>BTW should have been Alta Vista which came out of DECs Palo Alto labs

Fire 'em up and put 'em back on the net! Alta Vista search had several
features that Google etc. don't, or they are well kept secrets if they do.

(yeah yeah, I know. Outdated and seriously underpowered with today's
internet...)

Bill Gunshannon

Sep 17, 2016, 9:49:02 PM9/17/16
If you are going out of business, is there any chance of the PL/I
compiler being open-sourced under something like a BSD license?
Some of us really like to play with compilers and some of us even
like PL/I.

bill

Paul Sture

Sep 18, 2016, 3:25:43 AM9/18/16
But a computer museum might be interested.

--
It was untidy, so got unplugged.
It was unplugged, so got thrown away.

Hans Vlems

Sep 19, 2016, 3:16:11 PM9/19/16
Yes, certainly. I even bought a book on PL/I for it!!!
Hans