OpenVMS educational license

valveso...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2016, 1:33:59 PM8/22/16
I'd like to register for OpenVMS, I chose for educational services but it's asking me for a membership number and participating chapters. I was wondering how to acquire these credentials? I am studying Computer Science in University if it helps.

Henry Crun

Aug 22, 2016, 2:00:10 PM8/22/16
On 22-Aug-2016 20:33, valveso...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'd like to register for OpenVMS, I chose for educational services but it's asking me for a membership number and participating chapters. I was wondering how to acquire these credentials? I am studying Computer Science in University if it helps.

Google (or equivalent) for the OpenVMS FAQ

--
Mike R.
Home: http://alpha.mike-r.com/

Stephen Hoffman

Aug 22, 2016, 5:03:30 PM8/22/16
Sign up for a free OpenVMS account on the decuserve OpenVMS server —
telnet to into the decuserve.org server and follow the bouncing ball,
or see http://decuserve.org — and then log into your new decuserve
username over there, and then enter the command HOBBYIST at the DCL $
prompt to get the information necessary for the hobbyist registration,
and you'll all of have what you need for the hobbyist program.

Don't bother reading the 2006-vintage OpenVMS FAQ here, as that
document predates this path. But if you want some reading material,
the FAQ is at: http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/vmsfaq

SInce you're most likely seeking to boot and run OpenVMS via emulation
and not on actual hardware — Integrity Itanium servers are the most
accessible and cheapest options for real hardware, Alpha and
particularly VAX are getting more expensive — then please review the
previous emulation discussions here in the comp.os.vms newsgroup around
simh or whatever software emulator you're using, and — if you're using
simh —you can find various discussions in the simh mailing list
archives, and can ask simh questions via the simh mailing list.
asking these sorts of questions seem to want to run OpenVMS VAX for
some inexplicable reason, and that usually involves the simh emulator,
and the "joys" of getting emulator networking working.)

--
Pure Personal Opinion | HoffmanLabs LLC

Joukj

Aug 23, 2016, 7:07:31 AM8/23/16
For me it works if I fill in the name of my university in the membership
field..

Regards
Jouk

Joukj