Kits for FMS and DECforms.

Jan-Erik Soderholm

Nov 18, 2015, 12:49:39 PM11/18/15
Hi.

I'm helping a site with some upgrades.
They have proper licenes for everything and I
seem to have found kits for all licenced products,
apart from FMS and DECforms. This is for Alpha.

Does anyone know how to find install kits for
FMS and DECforms for Alpha?

Regards, Jan-Erik.

abrsvc

Nov 18, 2015, 1:07:04 PM11/18/15
I should have these on the distribution kit, but what versions are you looking for? Also, what is the best way to get them to you?

Dan

Stephen Hoffman

Nov 18, 2015, 1:07:43 PM11/18/15
On 2015-11-18 17:49:40 +0000, Jan-Erik Soderholm said:

> Does anyone know how to find install kits for FMS and DECforms for Alpha?

Look on the ConDist CD distro kits available at the site. Otherwise,
call HPE support and ask. Same as usual.

If it's hobbyist, email the folks you got the licenses from.

Kits that are downloaded from elsewhere can be most excellent
distribution fodder for malware, whether it's zip and unzip or kits.

--
Pure Personal Opinion | HoffmanLabs LLC

Jan-Erik Soderholm

Nov 18, 2015, 1:17:55 PM11/18/15
I can easily fetch them from anyware that I can reach
with HTTP or FTP.

The versions looked for is "the latest for Alpha".

I have now noticed that there is a kit for Forms 3.2 on
the actual system. If that is the latest, that's fine.

I get errors when trying to see the DECforms PDFs at HPE
so I cannot check with the docs at the moment...

I also have kits for FMS 2.5. If that happens to be the
latest and greatest, I'm fine... :-)

Jan-Erik.

Martin Vorländer

Nov 18, 2015, 1:32:18 PM11/18/15
Jan-Erik Soderholm <jan-erik....@telia.com> wrote:
> abrsvc wrote:
>> I should have these on the distribution kit, but what versions are you
>> looking for? Also, what is the best way to get them to you?
>
> I can easily fetch them from anyware that I can reach
> with HTTP or FTP.
>
> The versions looked for is "the latest for Alpha".
>
> I have now noticed that there is a kit for Forms 3.2 on
> the actual system. If that is the latest, that's fine.
>
> I get errors when trying to see the DECforms PDFs at HPE
> so I cannot check with the docs at the moment...
>
> I also have kits for FMS 2.5. If that happens to be the
> latest and greatest, I'm fine... :-)

May I draw your attention to http://de.openvms.org/spl.php

The latest FMS version is 2.5 (first delivered March 2005),
the latest DECforms version is 4.0 (March 2006).
3.2 was published Dec 2000.

cu,
Martin

Jan-Erik Soderholm

Nov 18, 2015, 6:22:39 PM11/18/15
Thanks! So my FMS kit is the latest and I'm looking for
an DECforms 4.0 kit then. Right. I'll check with a
brooker I know, he has a lot of old stuff...

0J8AAm HP DECforms for OpenVMS (Development) 4.0 OpenVMS AXP
OpenVMS(TM) Alpha(TM) Software Layered Products Library Mar-2006
Disk 5, [FORMSA040]

Ian Miller

Nov 20, 2015, 5:45:12 AM11/20/15