DS10/DS10L Failsafe Loader

Michael Moroney

Dec 6, 2016, 11:37:13 PM12/6/16
Has anyone had any success at reviving a DS10/DS10L with corrupted boot
firmware? I have one which had an old version of the firmware. I
mistakenly decided to update it to the latest available firmware. It
booted from the V7.3 firmware update CD fine, but when I entered the
update command to upgrade the firmware, it threw a bunch of errors and
hung. After waiting some time I power cycled it and now it just beeps 6
times meaning the firmware is corrupt, no response from the console
terminal.

Online documentation states to change switch 8 on a certain switchpack
and power it on with the firmware CD in place, it will auto load from
the CD. But doing this has no effect, other than it doesn't beep.

abrsvc

Dec 7, 2016, 7:30:32 AM12/7/16
IRRC, the failsafe loader requires a floppy to load the SRM code. This will result in the >>> prompt from which you can update the firmware. You need the floppy to restore this system.

Dan