HP EVA 4400 with embedded switch Service Discontinuance Notification

Shael Richmond

Mar 18, 2015, 4:30:05 PM3/18/15
Don't know if anybody else got this or cares, but I thought I'd post it. I have complained about the lack of notice(6 months) and am waiting for HP to tell me what options I have.

Shael Richmond
International Paper

Support Alerts

Dear HP Customer,

The purpose of this discontinuance announcement is to notify you regarding hardware support end dates for the EVA 4400 products with the embedded switch specified in this letter. Please note the following important product and support information:

End-of-Support-Life (EOSL) for the following hardware products is set forth below:

AG805A AG805AR AG805B AG805BR AG805C
AG805CR AJ695A AJ695B AJ695BR AJ696A
AJ696AR AJ696B AJ696BR AJ699A AJ699B
AJ699BR AJ700A AJ700AR AJ700B AJ700BR
AN595A AN595AR AN595B AN596A AN596AR
AN596B 359079-B21 359079R-B21

End of Support life for hardware support for the above hardware products is September 30, 2015.

Accordingly, HP hardware support for the the EVA 4400 with the embedded switch specified above will not be available after September 30, 2015 and will be cancelled and removed from support agreements on October 1, 2015. HP will no longer be able to support the embedded switch due to lack of spares inventory of the embedded switch and HP's inability to procure addtitional inventory. HP support customers who have remaining prepaid support on these products as of the cancellation date will receive a credit for the applicable unused prepaid support associated with this cancellation. If the support is paid monthly, billing for support on these products will stop on October 1, 2015. Only the hardware support for the skus listed above will be affected. Support for other products on the same support agreements will continue. Support for EVA 4400 product not listed above will also continue.

Respectfully,
Worldwide Technologies Services Program Office
Hewlett-Packard Company

David Froble

Mar 18, 2015, 6:02:34 PM3/18/15
Just curious, how old is the equipment?

Seems like life cycles on everything is getting shorter. Perhaps
consider that on your next purchase. Perhaps the purchase with warranty
will be less than you're now paying for support. Maybe a better product
too. Don't know, I'm not into lots of storage.

Shael Richmond

Mar 19, 2015, 12:39:43 PM3/19/15
On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 5:02:34 PM UTC-5, David Froble wrote:

> Just curious, how old is the equipment?
>
> Seems like life cycles on everything is getting shorter. Perhaps
> consider that on your next purchase. Perhaps the purchase with warranty
> will be less than you're now paying for support. Maybe a better product
> too. Don't know, I'm not into lots of storage.

The last ones we bought new were in 2010-2011. Then we switched to EVA P6000 with external switches. The problem with the switches according to HP is they are made by Brocade and Brocade controls the life cycle not HP. We had the same issue with MSA1000's.

Shael Richmond