Perl 5.26.2 binary kits for OpenVMS available

Craig A. Berry

Apr 15, 2018, 5:29:29 PM4/15/18
Installation kits for OpenVMS Alpha and OpenVMS I64 v8.4 and later are
available at:

<https://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsperlkit/files/>

The files are self-extracting archives and after downloading you must
run them like so:

$ run VMSPORTS-AXPVMS-PERL526-V0526-2-1.SFX_AXPEXE

for Alpha, and:

$ run VMSPORTS-I64VMS-PERL526-V0526-2-1.SFX_I64EXE

for Itanium. Then, on either platform:

$ product install perl526

and follow the usual installation prompts. Note that the major version
is now included in the product name so this installation will not remove
installations of previous versions (e.g., 5.22 or 5.24).

The kits provided here are intended to be a convenient way to acquire a
default build; there are many other configuration options available if
you build your own Perl from the source at <http://www.cpan.org/src/5.0/>.

Have an appropriate amount of fun. Anything related to these kits that
turns out to be more fun than you can handle is probably best reported
on the vmsperl mailing list.[1]

Changes in this release can be found via typing "perldoc perldelta"
after installation or, since this is the first kit I've released in the
5.26.x series, you may wish to start with "perldoc perl5260delta" and
also look at perl5261delta and perl5262delta. Or view on the web at:

<https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob/refs/heads/maint-5.26:/pod/perl5260delta.pod>
<https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob/refs/heads/maint-5.26:/pod/perl5261delta.pod>
<https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob/refs/heads/maint-5.26:/pod/perl5262delta.pod>

[1] <http://lists.perl.org/list/vmsperl.html>

terry-...@glaver.org

Apr 15, 2018, 6:14:14 PM4/15/18
On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 5:29:29 PM UTC-4, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> Installation kits for OpenVMS Alpha and OpenVMS I64 v8.4 and later are
> available at:

Thank you. While I don't use Perl on VMS, this is exactly what is needed for Open Source on VMS (and VMS itself) to thrive - keeping current with the upstream. In fact, perl.org doesn't even have the announcement of 5.26.2 posted yet!