Announcing updates for PHP, Ghostscript, and MuPDF

Mark Berryman

Jan 22, 2014, 12:29:25 PM1/22/14
Time to get back in the game and release some package updates...

Ghostscript v9.10 is available at
http://theberrymans.com/php_kits/ghostscript-9_10.zip

This is a standalone package. It can be rebuilt using only the files
included in the kit. Rebuilding requires DECC and MMK. The included
executables will run on V7.3-2 or later for Alpha and V8.3 or later for
IA64.

MuPDF v1.3 is available at http://theberrymans.com/php_kits/mupdf-1_3.zip

Same notes as for Ghostscript (except that rebuilding requires DECC and
MMS). Please read the notes in the zip archive (by using the unzip -z
command) as they contain important information on unpacking the kit.

PHP v5.3.28 is available at
http://theberrymans.com/php_kits/php_i64_5_3_28.zip and php_axp_5_3_28.zip

This will be the last release of PHP 5.3 that I do. I am currently
working on PHP 5.4.24 as a transition release. All work after that will
be on PHP 5.5.

Please send any questions or comments you may have to me directly as I
am not normally on this forum.

Mark Berryman

Phillip Helbig---undress to reply

Jan 23, 2014, 7:27:30 AM1/23/14
In article <lbov89$2lvf$1...@adenine.netfront.net>, Mark Berryman
<ma...@theberrymans.com> writes:

> Time to get back in the game and release some package updates...

Thanks.

> Ghostscript v9.10 is available at
> http://theberrymans.com/php_kits/ghostscript-9_10.zip

Great.

> This is a standalone package. It can be rebuilt using only the files
> included in the kit. Rebuilding requires DECC and MMK. The included
> executables will run on V7.3-2 or later for Alpha and V8.3 or later for
> IA64.

Wonderful. I was just going to fix up my ghostscript installation this
weekend. I'll download the new one. A relatively recent one I have is
much better than a quite old one I also have (no surprise there). In
the old days, I also used GV. It used gs under the hood, but GV was a
much more comfortable user interface. It would be really nice if
someone could tell me how to get my GV working with the newest gs or
point me to a newer GV. Back then, I installed both at the same time
without much effort, so I'm not sure what is involved regarding mutual
dependencies etc. Anyone else here using GV?

> MuPDF v1.3 is available at http://theberrymans.com/php_kits/mupdf-1_3.zip

What does it do?

Martin Vorlaender

Jan 23, 2014, 12:51:59 PM1/23/14
Phillip Helbig wrote:
> Mark Berryman writes:
>> MuPDF v1.3 is available at
>> http://theberrymans.com/php_kits/mupdf-1_3.zip
>
> What does it do?

See http://www.mupdf.com/

cu,
Martin

Joukj

Jan 27, 2014, 7:12:01 AM1/27/14
Phillip Helbig---undress to reply wrote:
> In
> the old days, I also used GV. It used gs under the hood, but GV was a
> much more comfortable user interface. It would be really nice if
> someone could tell me how to get my GV working with the newest gs or
> point me to a newer GV. Back then, I installed both at the same time
> without much effort, so I'm not sure what is involved regarding mutual
> dependencies etc. Anyone else here using GV?

I still have the old "358" version og GV. It works perfectly with
GhostScript 9.10. What you have to do is : define a symbol GS as follows
GS:==$<device><directory>GS>EXE

Regards
Jouk

fhs...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2014, 5:25:15 AM1/28/14
On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:29:25 PM UTC+1, Mark Berryman wrote:
> Time to get back in the game and release some package updates... Ghostscript v9.10 is available at http://theberrymans.com/php_kits/ghostscript-9_10.zip This is a standalone package. It can be rebuilt using only the files included in the kit. Rebuilding requires DECC and MMK. The included executables will run on V7.3-2 or later for Alpha and V8.3 or later for IA64. MuPDF v1.3 is available at http://theberrymans.com/php_kits/mupdf-1_3.zip Same notes as for Ghostscript (except that rebuilding requires DECC and MMS). Please read the notes in the zip archive (by using the unzip -z command) as they contain important information on unpacking the kit. PHP v5.3.28 is available at http://theberrymans.com/php_kits/php_i64_5_3_28.zip and php_axp_5_3_28.zip This will be the last release of PHP 5.3 that I do. I am currently working on PHP 5.4.24 as a transition release. All work after that will be on PHP 5.5. Please send any questions or comments you may have to me directly as I am not normally on this forum. Mark Berryman

Thanks Mark for these good things.

Jouk is correct when he says that GV 3.58 is OK with these recent versions of GS, both on OpenVMS ALpha and I64.

I use MuPDF very much, on itself and also as a plug-in to CSWB (SeaMonkey) with Mozplugger.