Open Source on OpenVMS conference call is THIS THURSDAY

BillPedersen

Nov 16, 2015, 1:12:33 PM11/16/15
The monthly Open Source on OpenVMS conference call is THIS THURSDAY - 19 November - at 08:00 EST!

We really need to make a go at using both slots so that we can get feedback and progress on items related to Open Source on OpenVMS.

This conference call provides access to the active contributors in the Community as well as HP OpenVMS Engineering and VSI Engineering.

You can review the prior calls and get telephone number and access code by visiting the VMS-Ports SourceForge Project (http://sourceforge.net/p/vms-ports/discussion/call_topics/).

See you Thursday!

Thanks!

Bill.

g...@gce.com

Nov 25, 2015, 12:08:11 PM11/25/15

> We really need to make a go at using both slots so that we can get feedback and progress on items related to Open Source on OpenVMS.
> This conference call provides access to the active contributors in the Community as well as HP OpenVMS Engineering and VSI Engineering.

Folks -
I have gone back and rototilled AnalytiCalc / AnalyRIM (spreadsheet and DBMS)
and gotten a version that runs on Linux. It has very very few dependencies on
Linux though (basically, to return it to VMS, just change the code that
looks in /DK/ to code to look in DK:; look for '/' and 'D' and 'K' .

Otherwise it is I believe rather pure (though an old dialect as the code was originally written in 1982). I found a bunch of dependencies in it which assumed storage could hold no more than 32767 cells, and removed them. (The
limit is now 32 bit cell ID). You can edit acinit.prm to alter parameters.

The code can be grabbed from http://www.gce.com where you can just grab what
is called the Linux version. This will get you a zip file with the source code, Linux binaries (for amd64) and documents.

Notwithstanding any copyright notices, you may use the code subject to either BSD distribution license or GPL V2 provisions.

If anyone finds fixes or edits please share them with me.

Glenn C. Everhart
g...@gce.com
302 373 5382 cell

IanD

Dec 3, 2015, 7:52:39 AM12/3/15
I don't mean to hassle you all the time because you are providing this free and expending your own time on it but is there an audio available for November?

Also, would it be possible to add the Australian number to your list of phone numbers you publish each time? You have New Zealand on there and I know the Australian number can be found hunting through an earlier post but it would be nice if it was added on the front page because I'm lazy :-)

i.e.

Join by phone:

USA - 1-855-493-4983
Netherlands - 0800-020-5949
New Zealand - 0800-447-462
Sweden - 020-120-10-10
UK - 0800-0-260-370
India - 1860-266-0131
Australia - +61-2-9273-4250

Stephen Hoffman

Dec 3, 2015, 11:06:24 AM12/3/15
On 2015-12-03 12:52:36 +0000, IanD said:

> Also, would it be possible to add the Australian number to your list of
> phone numbers you publish each time? You have New Zealand on there and
> I know the Australian number can be found hunting through an earlier
> post but it would be nice if it was added on the front page because I'm
> lazy :-)

Add the phone number and the access code into your calendar event for
the meeting. Set a calendar for your hobbyist license renewal with a
few weeks' lead time to fetch new PAKs, while you're at it. That's
all even possible on OpenVMS, with DECwindows calendar or with an
add-on.

--
Pure Personal Opinion | HoffmanLabs LLC

BillPedersen

Dec 6, 2015, 4:45:03 PM12/6/15
Audio and notes now available for November 2015 Open Source On OpenVMS Conference Call.

The NEXT Conference Call will be THURSDAY 17 DECEMBER 2015 at 23:00 EST!

Thanks!

Bill.