USB 2.0 driver for DOS available - DOSUSB

Georg

Jun 20, 2010, 9:39:07 AM6/20/10
DOSUSB is a USB driver for DOS which up to now supported USB 1.1 using
UHCI and OHCI controllers. The new version now available from the
website www.dosusb.net also supports USB 2.0 High-Speed using EHCI
controllers up to 480 Mbit/s.

Therefore you can read and write data to flash disks or USB hard disks
at much higher speeds than before. Also the data can be send much
faster to USB printers, USB serial adapters and other USB devices.

DOSUSB also supports the new Intel motherboards for Intel Core i3/5/7
processors which just feature EHCI controllers with RMHs and no UHCI
or OHCI controllers any more.

The DOSUSB package includes drivers for flash disks and USB hard
disks, USB printers and USB serial adapters.

DOSUSB features an URB programming interface to allow programmers to
write applications and drivers which communicate with any USB device.
Sample code for different programming languages are included.

The driver is a real mode DOS application and will not run in a
Windows DOS box.

Esra Sdrawkcab

Jun 23, 2010, 5:48:45 AM6/23/10

A link might be nice!

http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/

--
Nuns! Nuns! Reverse

Aharon Lavie

Jun 23, 2010, 8:35:28 PM6/23/10
On Jun 20, 8:39 am, Georg <nos...@georgpotthast.de> wrote:
> DOSUSB is a USB driver for DOS which up to now supported USB 1.1 using
> UHCI and OHCI controllers. The new version now available from the
> websitewww.dosusb.netalso supports USB 2.0 High-Speed using EHCI

> controllers up to 480 Mbit/s.
>
> Therefore you can read and write data to flash disks or USB hard disks
> at much higher speeds than before. Also the data can be send much
> faster to USB printers, USB serial adapters and other USB devices.
>
> DOSUSB also supports the new Intel motherboards for Intel Core i3/5/7
> processors which just feature EHCI controllers with RMHs and no UHCI
> or OHCI controllers any more.
>
> The DOSUSB package includes drivers for flash disks and USB hard
> disks, USB printers and USB serial adapters.
>
> DOSUSB features an URB programming interface to allow programmers to
> write applications and drivers which communicate with any USB device.
> Sample code for different programming languages are included.
>
> The driver is a real mode DOS application and will not run in a
> Windows DOS box.

My attempts to access www.dosusb.net are not successful.
Error message: Not found.

Sjouke Burry

Jun 23, 2010, 9:57:57 PM6/23/10
Strange. I just now accessed it and downloaded the zip file.
Try it again.

Aharon Lavie

Jun 24, 2010, 8:51:44 PM6/24/10
On Jun 23, 8:57 pm, Sjouke Burry <burrynulnulf...@ppllaanneett.nnll>
wrote:

> Aharon Lavie wrote:
> > On Jun 20, 8:39 am, Georg <nos...@georgpotthast.de> wrote:
> >> DOSUSB is a USB driver for DOS which up to now supported USB 1.1 using
> >> UHCI and OHCI controllers. The new version now available from the
> >> websitewww.dosusb.netalsosupports USB 2.0 High-Speed using EHCI

> >> controllers up to 480 Mbit/s.
>
> >> Therefore you can read and write data to flash disks or USB hard disks
> >> at much higher speeds than before. Also the data can be send much
> >> faster to USB printers, USB serial adapters and other USB devices.
>
> >> DOSUSB also supports the new Intel motherboards for Intel Core i3/5/7
> >> processors which just feature EHCI controllers with RMHs and no UHCI
> >> or OHCI controllers any more.
>
> >> The DOSUSB package includes drivers for flash disks and USB hard
> >> disks, USB printers and USB serial adapters.
>
> >> DOSUSB features an URB programming interface to allow programmers to
> >> write applications and drivers which communicate with any USB device.
> >> Sample code for different programming languages are included.
>
> >> The driver is a real mode DOS application and will not run in a
> >> Windows DOS box.
>
> > My attempts to access  www.dosusb.net are not successful.
> > Error message: Not found.
>
> Strange. I just now accessed it and downloaded the zip file.
> Try it again.- Hide quoted text -

Google Error: Not Found
The requested URL www.dosusb.net was not found

Sjouke Burry

Jun 24, 2010, 9:24:32 PM6/24/10
Aharon Lavie wrote:
> On Jun 23, 8:57 pm, Sjouke Burry <burrynulnulf...@ppllaanneett.nnll>
> wrote:
>> Aharon Lavie wrote:
cut

> Google Error: Not Found
> The requested URL www.dosusb.net was not found

thats a local error from google or your provider then.

I put it on my site.
Download from:
> http://home.planet.nl/~burry004/dosusbd.zip

Paul Bartlett

Jun 25, 2010, 6:07:05 PM6/25/10
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Aharon Lavie wrote:

> On Jun 23, 8:57 pm, Sjouke Burry <burrynulnulf...@ppllaanneett.nnll> wrote:
>> Aharon Lavie wrote:

>> [much trimmed]

>>> My attempts to access  www.dosusb.net are not successful.
>>> Error message: Not found.
>>
>> Strange. I just now accessed it and downloaded the zip file.
>> Try it again.- Hide quoted text -

> Google Error: Not Found

> The requested URL www.dosusb.net was not found

Odd. I had no trouble at all getting to the site with eLinks (text
mode browser) running under Pine on a netBSD system.

--
Paul Bartlett

Jim Higgins

Jun 27, 2010, 9:53:45 AM6/27/10
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:07:05 -0400, Paul Bartlett <bart...@panix.com>
wrote:

OK, let's try a fully formed URL...
http://www.dosusb.net

If that works when the other form didn't work, then the Usenet client
being used isn't as capable at recognizing a URL as the ones others
use.

Georg

Jun 27, 2010, 4:09:45 PM6/27/10
I do not understand the problems downloading the driver and just tried
it again. It is hosted on one of the largest internet service
providers in Germany and should be available all the time.

Georg

Aharon Lavie

Jun 27, 2010, 7:31:19 PM6/27/10
On Jun 24, 8:24 pm, Sjouke Burry <burrynulnulf...@ppllaanneett.nnll>

wrote:
> Aharon Lavie wrote:
> > On Jun 23, 8:57 pm, Sjouke Burry <burrynulnulf...@ppllaanneett.nnll>
> > wrote:
> cut
>
> > Google  Error:  Not Found
> > The requested URLwww.dosusb.netwas not found

> thats a local error from google or your provider then.
>
> I put it on my site.
> Download from:
>

> >http://home.planet.nl/~burry004/dosusbd.zip- Hide quoted text -

Thank you very much.

Richard Bonner

Jun 29, 2010, 7:03:27 AM6/29/10
Aharon Lavie (sdc...@gmail.com) wrote:

> On Jun 20, 8:39=A0am, Georg <nos...@georgpotthast.de> wrote:
> > DOSUSB is a USB driver for DOS which up to now supported USB 1.1 using
> > UHCI and OHCI controllers. The new version now available from the
> > websitewww.dosusb.netalso supports USB 2.0 High-Speed using EHCI
> > controllers up to 480 Mbit/s.

(Snip)

*** There have been other USB 2.0 drivers for DOS before this. However,
I can't say that they provide the above specs.

> > The driver is a real mode DOS application and will not run in a
> > Windows DOS box.

> My attempts to access www.dosusb.net are not successful.
> Error message: Not found.

*** You might try Bret Johnson's drivers at:

http://www.bretjohnson.us/

--
Richard Bonner
http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/

Georg

Jun 29, 2010, 4:38:19 PM6/29/10

> ***   There have been other USB 2.0 drivers for DOS before this. However,
> I can't say that they provide the above specs.
>
> > > The driver is a real mode DOS application and will not run in a
> > > Windows DOS box.
> > My attempts to access  www.dosusb.net are not successful.
> > Error message: Not found.
>
> ***   You might try Bret Johnson's drivers at:
>
>                        http://www.bretjohnson.us/
>
> --
>          Richard Bonnerhttp://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/

Bret's driver does not support USB 2.0/EHCI

Georg