Q: Landscape Printing, clock-wise or counter clock-wise?

Olaf Schroeder

May 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/16/96

I have noticed that for some print drivers printing in landscape mode
rotates the image clockwise (with respect to portrait mode) and other
drivers rotate counter clockwise. Does anyone who how to inquire the
print driver as to what it's going to do?

Thanx.

Olaf Schroeder
ol...@digirule.com

Mike Enright

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

Olaf Schroeder <ol...@digirule.com> wrote:

>I have noticed that for some print drivers printing in landscape mode
>rotates the image clockwise (with respect to portrait mode) and other
>drivers rotate counter clockwise. Does anyone who how to inquire the
>print driver as to what it's going to do?

Look at DeviceCapabilities. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the
powerful, evocative English word "Get" in front of its name, so I
would have missed it if I looked at "all the get functions".
DeviceCapabilities returns several pieces of information about a
driver, one piece at a time. One of them is indexed by DC_ROTATION,
and it tells you if the printer can do landscape, and what the
rotation is if it can do it.

--
Mike Enright
menr...@cts.com

Robert Mashlan

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

Olaf Schroeder <ol...@digirule.com> wrote:

>I have noticed that for some print drivers printing in landscape mode
>rotates the image clockwise (with respect to portrait mode) and other
>drivers rotate counter clockwise. Does anyone who how to inquire the
>print driver as to what it's going to do?

Call the driver's DeviceCapabilities function with the DC_ORIENTATION
flag. It will return either 90 or 270 if it supports landscape mode.

rm
---
Robert Mashlan R2M Software rmas...@r2m.com http://r2m.com/~rmashlan
Internet Resources for Windows Developers http://www.r2m.com/windev/