How can I get rid of the "Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file" error message from MSVS 2005?

Ramon F Herrera

Feb 1, 2009, 11:38:32 PM2/1/09

This is the error message that keeps on showing up in one of my two
computers, the one I use for development:

mt.exe :
general error c101008d:
Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file
"xyz.exe".
Access is denied.

In my laptop I have the same (give or take) version of MS Visual
Studio 2005, and have never seen the error message.

I have reinstalled the IDE, and the error is still there.

I have downloaded updates from Microsoft's web page, and the error is
still there.

I have looked in the web, but can't find any useful tip.

TIA,

-RFH

Ramon F Herrera

Feb 2, 2009, 12:08:19 AM2/2/09

I found this workaround:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/29192102/general-error-c101008d.aspx

An actual solution is welcome.

-RFH

ravi...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2013, 12:56:53 AM6/17/13
Symantec said the following.

The error can occur in some situations due to a race condition between the compiler process and the anti-virus file-system auto-protect.

Look for more details here
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH196178