Unexpected DOS Error:21

Ronald Black

May 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/9/95
I loaded win32s into my machine. I tried to run Freecell and tried to load
Mosaic like the instructions said and I get the Unexpected DOS Error:21 on
both . Any ideas?? I am running 486dx2-66 with 16meg ram.

Thanks
Ron

Timo Kettunen

May 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/11/95
bl...@indirect.com (Ronald Black) wrote:

I had same problem some time ago.
The cure was to set the country AND language settings in control
panel to United States. Sounds a bit funny but it it worked
systematically. It has something to do with OLE.

Timo Kettunen

Lucien Cinc

May 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/14/95
Ronald Black (bl...@indirect.com) wrote:
: I loaded win32s into my machine. I tried to run Freecell and tried to load
: Mosaic like the instructions said and I get the Unexpected DOS Error:21 on
: both . Any ideas?? I am running 486dx2-66 with 16meg ram.

This is only a guess, but are you running Windows 3.1x in Enhanced Mode?

Start windows :-

win /3

and try again. If that fails then chances are you donot have the resources
(eg. memory etc) to run win32s programs.

--
Lucien Cinc (lc...@cs.newcastle.edu.au)
Author of WinOne, a Super Command Line Shell for win3.1 & winNT

3.1: ftp.cica.indiana.edu:/pub/pc/win3/util/w_one49a.zip & w_one49b.zip
NT: ftp.cica.indiana.edu:/pub/pc/win3/nt/ntcmd62.zip

David J. Wilson

May 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/18/95
That error is typical of Win32s installations that have missing parts,
or where a file such as w32sys.dll wasn't updated (due to being in use
while the setup was taking place). The solution is to clean off Win32s
and reinstall it properly.

Richard Rodman

May 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/21/95
No, he's running under NT.

I think the unexpected dos error:21 means that a DLL was not
found. Check your path.

--
Richard Rodman, Manassas, Virginia, USA
"When the government fears the people, there is freedom. When

Andrew Phillips

May 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/25/95
Richard Rodman (10204...@CompuServe.COM) wrote:
: No, he's running under NT.

: I think the unexpected dos error:21 means that a DLL was not
: found. Check your path.

I get this error, and it was the first time I installed... Later I wiped
all the win32s stuff, and re installed with a new version, and still get
it... ;-(

--
| Andrew Phillips - aa...@cfn.cs.dal.ca | Amiga was great until C= F***ed|