"Error 1722" Can't Add Printer

Nick Chirikos

Apr 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/19/00
On a new Compaq PIII, NT4.0, SP5, trying to install an HP 3100
Laserjet
using their CD and latest patch, the install goes well until
NT updates
the system, then stops with an "error 1722". When I OK out of
that
screen, the message reads "Error in Adding Print Driver for HP
Laserjet
3100" I can't find anything on this error condition at MS.

Thanks for any guidance
Nick C

th...@hsc.usc.edu

Apr 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/19/00

Nick Chirikos wrote:

The HP Laserjet 3100 is a combination printer, scanner and FAX. Buried in its
instruction manual are the stipulated requirements that it must be the only printer
connected to the parallel port, without going through a breakout box, and the
HP-supplied cable must be used. (LPT1 should probably be set for bi-directional
or EPP.) Anyway, if these conditions aren't met, the HP 3100 won't install.

TH