New printers compatible with Windows 2000

Guv Bob

Dec 26, 2013, 9:08:47 PM12/26/13
My printer went and I am stuck with Windows 2000 for the time being. No new printers I saw today had Win2000 listed in their specs. All are for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

Anyone know how to connect Win2000 computer with one of those printers, or any other low dollar printer? Or where to find a decent older printer?

These are the printers I saw today, all for XP and later....

Canon MG2220
Canon MG 3520
HP 2512

Before USB, I used a Canon BJC-5100 for years until it wore out. I would be happy with simple printer like that one.

Joe Bench

Dec 27, 2013, 1:56:46 AM12/27/13
Guv Bob schrieb:
> My printer went and I am stuck with Windows 2000 for the time being.

Get an old printer like HP Laserjet4000, i works on all platforms,
rebuild-toners are cheap.
Or: get a newer PC with Windows8 and a new printer.

;-(

Guv Bob

Dec 27, 2013, 1:28:13 PM12/27/13
"Joe Bench" <benc...@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:52bd24a4$0$498$91ce...@newsreader04.highway.telekom.at...
Thanks JB. I have to stick with ink jet for this one because most of my printed sheets end up in binders or sheet protectors. Ink seems to hold up better over time and doesn't offset.

Guv Bob

Dec 27, 2013, 5:20:57 PM12/27/13
"Guv Bob" <guvbo...@yahooooooooooooooo.com> wrote in message news:f8-dnUO1rLdIWyDP...@earthlink.com...
"Joe Bench" <benc...@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:52bd24a4$0$498$91ce...@newsreader04.highway.telekom.at...
> Guv Bob schrieb:
> > My printer went and I am stuck with Windows 2000 for the time being.
>
> Get an old printer like HP Laserjet4000, i works on all platforms,
> rebuild-toners are cheap.
> Or: get a newer PC with Windows8 and a new printer.
>
> ;-(

- Thanks JB. I have to stick with ink jet for this one because most of my printed sheets end up in binders or sheet protectors. Ink seems to hold up better over ime and doesn't offset.

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up <5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Joe Bench

Dec 30, 2013, 5:45:53 AM12/30/13
Guv Bob schrieb:

> Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up <5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

I don't know. Looking for drivers these days for such an old OS is a
waste of time...sorry.
A lot of companies didn't compile drivers for 32bit OS, only for 64bit.