What is the status of FTP from Linux into Google Drive?

Ramon F Herrera

Apr 3, 2015, 1:54:13 PM4/3/15

I have been known to embark on more than my share of Wild Goose chases,
but this is something else.

This is what I have:

• grive (Google Drive, get it?): Source code available, has been in
version 0.2 for a long time, not too encouraging. Impossible to
compile/build. Cmake keeps on complaining about missing packages, which
are installed.

• There is an RPM binary version 0.3. It actually builds but as soon
as it starts I get some error related to json-c

• A lady that used to work for Google wrote some mini application. Her
choice of name for her creation was not exactly the smartest: "drive":
https://github.com/odeke-em/drive

• InSync. Commercial but they have some free beta for Linux:
https://www.insynchq.com/downloads

I hurry to add one requirement: I would never:

(a) Use Windows as a server. Love the clients.

(b) Use Linux from a GUI. Due respect, by I have much better things to
do with my time.

Therefore, I am looking for a solution that will allow me to *type*,
from the CLI my way into Google Drive.

TIA,

-Ramon

Ramon F Herrera

Apr 3, 2015, 3:12:32 PM4/3/15

Never mind. It seems that everybody has move to CyberDuck.

https://cyberduck.io/?l=en

I just installed the CLI version, which is free.

My new issue is: What on earth do I need to type, in order to connect to
my Google Drive?

-Ramon

Ramon F Herrera

Apr 3, 2015, 6:22:34 PM4/3/15
On 4/3/2015 3:06 PM, Ezekiel wrote:
> WOW. I simply assumed that Google would have a Google-Drive client for
> Linux.

Who cares? Just take a look at the attachment. There are NINE protocols
there. What is the COLA plan, my fellow Linux fanbois? To whine and
throw SEVEN temper tantrums?

One against Google, one against Amazon, one against Windows Azure, etc.

Is that our plan of attack?

All we need is LIBRE CyberDuck. If we can figure out the precise command
line, that is.

-Ramon

DuckHelp.txt