timed out waiting for a valid DHCP server response

Joseph Chun

Jan 26, 2003, 5:52:11 AM1/26/03
Can somebody help me connect to Cox@home?

I can connect through Windows98 ok, but I can't connect through my linux
laptop. The /var/log/syslog file keeps giving me the error message shown in
the Subject heading of this email. My laptop is running Mandrake 8.0 and is
an intel pentium 2 300Mhz. I'm using a Xircom pcmcia card. I live in the
San Pedro/Palos Verdes area.

I've read the Cable Modem Providers HOWTO. I've tried changing the macaddr
of my ethernet card and also providing a hostname to all my dhcp messages
using the -h option of dhcpcd. I've also tried 'dhcpcd -r'. Nothing seems
to work. Does anybody know what might be the problem?

Joseph Chun

Jan 26, 2003, 1:13:12 PM1/26/03
Forget it... it seems to be working now that I rebooted the system.

"Joseph Chun" <joe...@cox.net> wrote in message