Dlink DWL-520+ on Linux ?

jmc

Nov 14, 2002, 6:47:02 AM11/14/02
Hello,

Has anyone tried to use the Dlink DWL-520+ wireless card on Linux ? It's
a Texas chipset, I hear conflicting reports on whether a driver will /is
being written.

Thanks
Jean Marc

John

Nov 14, 2002, 11:55:16 AM11/14/02

It does NOT work. And there are no drivers *currently* available.
I too have heard there will be drivers available, come December 2002.

--

John
----------------------------

D. Stussy

Nov 14, 2002, 4:46:09 PM11/14/02
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, jmc wrote:
>Has anyone tried to use the Dlink DWL-520+ wireless card on Linux ? It's
>a Texas chipset, I hear conflicting reports on whether a driver will /is
>being written.

Per a message written from a DLINK-Australia employee to the Sydney Wireless
Association about August 27, 2002, a driver is planned and the expected release
date is "Early December [2002]."

When released, this info will probably also hit "alt.internet.wireless" as well.

Toomas Mitt

Nov 15, 2002, 3:17:27 PM11/15/02

Nope, no drivers as of today. I had tried to use this card, too. I also
heard about drivers being available in December. Who knows? Maybe it
will happen.

Bummer.

Mitty