Google's new Chromebook is the joke of the computer industry.

Ezekiel

Feb 25, 2013, 12:37:05 PM2/25/13
But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay for
this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting Google
harvest even more of their personal data.

<quote>
Google's New Chromebook Is a Joke

Google unveiled its new touchscreen Chromebook yesterday, and it was not
what anyone was expecting. Until now, Google's Chromebooks have been
exceedingly cheap, but the Chromebook Pixel will cost a whopping $1,300-for
a computer that can only run web apps. Here's what pundits are saying:

* "What is Google thinking?" asks Jean-Baptiste Su at Forbes. "The
Chromebook Pixel is, simply put, a ripoff!" It costs more than the MacBook
Air, and it's "not even a real computer. ... Nobody in their right mind
should spend that kind of money on a laptop that does so little."

* Windows 8 got some pretty rough reviews, but this "makes that look like a
design of genius," writes Preston Gralla at ComputerWorld. It "lacks serious
storage," and it's useless if you're not online. But hey, it has three
microphones. "Be still my beating heart-three microphones! That surely makes
it worth every penny."

* "The hardware is amazing" and it "exudes fine engineering," writes
confirmed Chromebook fan Mark Hachman at PC Magazine, but even he'd balk at
the price. The touchscreen is wonderfully responsive, but "you have to
wonder: Why do I need this again?"

* Sam Biddle's verdict at Gizmodo: "Any other computer at that price is
better. Any." The screen's nutty 3:2 aspect ratio makes no sense, and most
things won't be optimized for its high-res display. LTE data sounds
great-but you only get 100MB a month for free. "The Pixel is a
self-contradiction, an absurdity, a Kia with rims, a waste of your time. To
say nothing of money."
</quote>

http://www.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-a-joke.html

--
"I suppose that Michael Dell figures that, as owner of a private
corporation, he won't be subject to many of the rules and regulations that

Turdv and his endless pit of ignorance.
Too stupid to realize that bribery is also a criminal offense for private
companies

Feb 08, 2013

Snit

Feb 25, 2013, 1:02:14 PM2/25/13
On 2/25/13 10:37 AM, in article kgg7ds$fog$1...@dont-email.me, "Ezekiel"
It does seem an odd way to go for an OS designed with a limited scope... it
should be on low end, low price hardware. Does not mean it needs to be
lowest end garbage, but this just seems bizarre to me.

--
"In fact, the main goal of Linux might be called usability... the most
important thing is that it works well and people ... want to use it."

flatfish+++

Feb 25, 2013, 1:02:25 PM2/25/13
Let's see how the Linturds in COLA try and spin this one.

That Chromebook looks like an overpriced piece of junk.

The perfect fit for Linux!
--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:

Hadron

Feb 25, 2013, 1:23:10 PM2/25/13
Lets see how many buy one!

My guess is : none.

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0

7

Feb 25, 2013, 4:11:26 PM2/25/13
Ezekiel wrote:

> But

But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay for
this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting Appile
harvest even more of their personal data.

<quote>
Appile's Second Hand Tablets Is a Joke

Appile unveiled its new touchscreen tablet, might as well be
yesterday, and it was not
what anyone was expecting. Until now, Appile's products have not been
exceedingly cheap, but the new appil will cost a whopping $1,300-for
a computer that can only run web apps. Here's what pundits are saying:

* "What is Appile thinking?" asks Jean-the-Baptiste Su at Farbes. "The
Appile tablet is, simply put, a ripoff!" It costs more than the MacBook
Air, and it's "not even a real computer. ... Nobody in their right mind
should spend that kind of money on a laptop that does so little."

* Windopws 8 got some pretty rough reviews, but this "makes that look like
a design of genius," writes Pisston Grala at Computerglobe. It "lacks
serious storage," and it's useless if you're not online. But hey, it hasn't
got three microphones. "Be still my beating heart-three microphones! That
surely makes it worth every penny."

* "The hardware isn't amazing" and it "exudes rip off engineering," writes
confirmed Chromebook fan Mark Hichman at PD Magazine, but even he'd balk at
the price of appil. The touchscreen is wonderfully responsive on a Google
Chromebook, but "you have to wonder: Why do I need this appil crap again?"

* Same Bidle's verdict at Gizmudo: "Any other computer at that price is
better. Any." The screen's nutty 3:2 aspect ratio makes no sense, and most
things won't be optimized for its high-res display. LTE data sounds
great-but on google Chrome Pixel you only get 100MB a month for free with
appil. "The Pixel is a self-contradiction for appile design retards, an
absurdity, a Kia with rims, a waste of appile time. To
say nothing of money that appile hopes to make by black balling it."
</quote>

http://wwww.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-great.html

Ezekiel

Feb 25, 2013, 4:13:38 PM2/25/13

"7" <email_at_www_at_en...@enemygadgets.com> wrote in message
> Ezekiel wrote:

Don't worry fraud - you can't afford either of them. LOL.

> "The report found that the average salary for Linux professionals was
> $90,853 (�58,654). That's 6.2 per cent higher than the $85,619 (�55,274)
> average for tech professionals generally."

If the "average" is a little over $90k then how stupid is this person? This
person is evidently way, way, way below average in both skills and
intelligence.

<quote>
"I use Linux and open source tools for my every day job. Around $1100 per
week."

7-tard. Drooling over the burger-flipping salary he makes with Linux.
Sun, 22 Apr 2012
</quote>

7

Feb 25, 2013, 6:52:06 PM2/25/13
Ezekiel wrote:

>> Ezekiel wrote:
>

> Don't worry fraud - you can't afford either of them. LOL.

Why does Piston Gralla and a whole bunch of highly fraud
ridden money taking trolls attack google all of a sudden for
producing a high end high quality laptop?

May be the failed MBAs at appil and micorshaft
fished out their spreadsheets to do some sums.

$1400 per Chrome Pixel sold revenue x 1000 users = $1.4 million.

Sell a million over the course of the year,
and it turns into $1.4 billion in revenue.

So no wonder appil and micorshaft paid a few trolls like Piston Gralla
to be taking to the streets and whine like old ladies.

Wonder if Ezekheel is one of their socks.

Ezekheel is a Burson-Marstelar troll. So it looks like
Burson-Marstelar has been awarded this contract.

So may be Piston Grala et al take Burson-Marstelar money?!?!?!?!

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Is it worth listening to opinions of low pay trolls
hired by third rate trolling companies any who?

Not anymore me thinks!

Trolling is an Industry in USA
------------------------------

Hiring low pay online trolls is ignorant.

Those hiring online trolls are too afraid to make a statement
in person in case their bollocks got cut off and sold
on ebay for 2 cents.

Most US politicians and businesses
are so corrupt and reliant to the point of addiction
on trolls and trolling and so they fund it all illegally
through charities because
funding through charities is untraceable
through loopholes in US law.

Nearly all foul mouthed trolling across all of usenet and forums
originates from the USA trolling industry.
The same ones screaming abuse against Americans
are the same ones screaming abuse at the rest of the world.
The US politician is proud because without their
daily dose of illegal funding through charities, and the
services of industrial strength trolling machinery,
they would be out flipping burgers for a living.

Troll friendly usenet sites like eternal-september.org
banned by att.net, ameritech.net, bellsouth.net, pacbell.net
and prodigy.net for its foul mouth and lies over trolling
and off topic spammer friendly posting policies against
the usenet charter of all known groups is where all of
the trolling problems begins.

The US politicians, embassy staff and anyone else falling for it like
Spanish government should know that the US trolls
ordering embassies to this kind of work
have no mandate for these kinds of activities.

Just rich companies that have bank rolled teams of asstroturfers
to create fake support and certainly no mandate.
Companies like Eedleman also run fake survey companies
and delete everything except outlying data to fake their reports
to add legitimacy to their trolling campaigns.

The US trolling companies now set up branch offices
in foreign countries like Netherlands
and UK to post illegally and subversively what is
handed down the chain of command leading all the way to
fake charities and marketing trolls
shielded illegally behind big corporations in US.
Wikileaks tells us 5% of all US diplomatic activity is to
do with Appil and Micorshaft trolls and their
trolling armies controlling US diplomatic services
at tax payer expense as their personal puppets.

There is NO MANDATE when fake asstroturfers are driving
the agenda.

The situation is so bad, it has spread into the military.
No one now knows who drives what agenda because
there is no traceability.

The fscking military, politicians, enviro nuts, music mafia,
using asstroturfing technology need the riot act read to them.

The situation is so incomprehensible that
the US has been declared falsely that it is the most charitable nation in
the world when at the same time 3 million US families
are living in shelter, and most of that charity money is fake
money being diverted from corporations into the coffers of asstroturfing
and PR companies. What would you do if you were
forced into a shelter and all your charity
money was stolen from your charity?
You are down and they still want to steal YOUR CHARITY MONEY?!??
Thats right you would tell them NEVER and tell
them fsck off in no uncertain terms and get the law changed
to make it a criminal offense to steal charity money
or spend it on anything other than 100% certified peer reviewed charity
without kickbacks, without creative accounting and
without morally unjust criminal behavior within
the charity system.

Most of the money funneled through
charities never make it to charitable causes in the USA.
It is stolen by politicians and pressure groups to cover
up their fake funding routes for asstroturfing.
They are used to it so we got to get over it?

No thanks!!!!

Not a single politician, embassy staff or military has a
mandate for one single political agenda because no one
knows who is funding who and who's agenda is real
and whose agenda is fake. Every signature collected
is one more fake signature for a mandate written out by
asstroturfers.

Asstroturfing through charities undermines society,
and all the nations dealing with US
and it must stop because no one in US has any legitimate
mandates for any of this activity any more.

If they have it, then should display their mandate
with pride, and show where the support had come from
and if any of it is through charities, then the
whole mandate is faked because charity status is being
abused to hide funding routes for corporate asstroturfing.

Asstroturfer offerings
----------------------

I've just read the contents of the fbo.gov solicitation RTB220610

The US government wants asstroturfers and with it sophisticated
asstroturfing technology to drown out democratic free speech,
and then hide from those whom it seeks to victimize.

It was point no.3 that caught my eye:
0003- Static IP Address Management

What that means is the same as what I've been saying for a while about
doofi, flatcake and clog are true.

They are not individuals but a whole asstroturfing team
behind each sock puppet.

There isn't enough memory between the sock operators to know
or remember what had been said earlier so you know the
conversations are being typed out by multiple individuals
impersonating each other.
It was notable gaffs by the goofy doofy sock that first gave it away.

The asstroturfing teams had already gone into government and offered them
consulting services about what technology and asstroturfing
practices were out there for fbo.gov to decide what they will
purchase in solicitation RTB220610. Burson-Marstelar
won the contract performing all the activities
required in the solicitation with fantastic usenet software
tools for targeting individuals and trolling 24/7
and all built in outsourced India.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=d88e9d660336be91552fe8c1a51bacb2&tab=core&_cview=1

Solicitation Number: RTB220610
Notice Type: Sources Sought
Synopsis: Added: 2010-06-22 13:42:52Jun 22, 2010 1:42 pm
Modified: 2010-06-22 14:07:11Jun 22, 2010 2:07 pmTrack Changes

0001- Online Persona Management Service.

50 User Licenses, 10 Personas per user. Software will
allow 10 personas per user, replete with background,
history, supporting details, and cyber presences
that are technically, culturally and geographically
consistent. Individual applications will enable an
operator to exercise a number of different online
persons from the same workstation and without fear
of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries.
Personas must be able to appear to originate in
nearly any part of the world and can interact through
conventional online services and social media platforms.
The service includes a user friendly application
environment to maximize the user's situational
awareness by displaying real-time local information.

0002- Secure Virtual Private Network (VPN).

1 each VPN provides the ability for users to
daily and automatically obtain
randomly selected IP addresses through
which they can access the internet. The daily
rotation of the user s IP address prevents compromise
during observation of likely or targeted web sites
or services, while hiding the existence of the
operation. In addition, may provide traffic mixing,
blending the user s traffic with traffic from multitudes
of users from outside the organization. This traffic
blending provides excellent cover and powerful deniability.
Anonymizer Enterprise Chameleon or equal

0003- Static IP Address Management.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

50 each Licence protects the identity of government
agencies and enterprise organizations. Enables organizations
to manage their persistent online personas by assigning
static IP addresses to each persona. Individuals
can perform static impersonations, which allow
them to look like the same person over time. Also allows
organizations that frequent same site/service often to
easily switch IP addresses to look like ordinary
users as opposed to one organization.
Anonymizer IP Mapper License or equal

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

0004- Virtual Private Servers,

CONUS. 1 each Provides CONUS or OCONUS points of
presence locations that are setup for each customer
based on the geographic area of operations the
customer is operating within and which allow a
customer?s online persona(s) to appear to originate
from. Ability to provide virtual private servers that
are procured using commercial hosting centers around
the world and which are established anonymously. Once
procured, the geosite is incorporated into the network
and integrated within the customers environment and
ready for use by the customer. Unless specifically
designated as shared, locations are dedicated for use
by each customer and never shared among other customers.
Anonymizer Annual Dedicated CONUS Light Geosite or equal

0005- Virtual Private Servers, OCONUS.

8 Each Provides CONUS or OCONUS points of presence
locations that are setup for each customer based on
the geographic area of operations the customer is
operating within and which allow a customer?s
online persona(s) to appear to
originate from. Ability to provide virtual private
servers that are procured using commercial hosting
centers around the world and which are established
anonymously. Once procured, the geosite is incorporated
into the network and integrated within the customers
environment and ready for use by the customer. Unless
specifically designated as shared, locations are dedicated
for use by each customer and never shared among other
customers. Anonymizer Annual Dedicated OCONUS Light
Geosite or equal

0006- Remote Access Secure Virtual Private Network.

1 each Secure Operating Environment provides a reliable
and protected computing environment from which to stage
and conduct operations. Every session uses a clean
Virtual Machine (VM) image. The solution is accessed
through sets of Virtual Private Network (VPN) devices
located at each Customer facility. The fully-managed
VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) is an environment
that allows users remote access from their desktop into
a VM. Upon session termination, the VM is deleted and
any virus, worm, or malicious software that the user
inadvertently downloaded is destroyed. Anonymizer
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Solution or equal.

Contracting Office Address:
2606 Brown Pelican Ave.
MacDill AFB, Florida 33621-5000
United States
Place of Performance:
Performance will be at MacDIll AFB, Kabul, Afghanistan and Baghdad, Iraq.
MacDill AFB , Florida 33679
United States

Primary Point of Contact.:
Russell Beasley,
Contracting Officer
russell.b...@macdill.af.mil
Phone: (813) 828-4729
Fax: (813) 828-5111

Ezekiel

Feb 25, 2013, 6:55:30 PM2/25/13

> Is it worth listening to opinions of low pay trolls
> hired by third rate trolling companies any who?

The idiot from GPLSquared named Jospeph Michael is certainly an expert when
it comes to being a *low paid* troll:

flatfish+++

Feb 25, 2013, 7:00:18 PM2/25/13
Let's see how many herd members have the testicular fortitude to call
the chromebook what it really is.
A piece of overpriced crap.

flatfish+++

Feb 25, 2013, 7:01:53 PM2/25/13
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:13:38 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

> "7" <email_at_www_at_en...@enemygadgets.com> wrote in message
>> Ezekiel wrote:
>

> Don't worry fraud - you can't afford either of them. LOL.

7 = Joseph Michael will have to scrub an awful lot of toilet bowls in
order to earn enough to buy a new Chromebook.

>> "The report found that the average salary for Linux professionals was
>> $90,853 (�58,654). That's 6.2 per cent higher than the $85,619 (�55,274)
>> average for tech professionals generally."
>
> If the "average" is a little over $90k then how stupid is this person? This
> person is evidently way, way, way below average in both skills and
> intelligence.

The understatement of the year.

> <quote>
> "I use Linux and open source tools for my every day job. Around $1100 per
> week."
>
> 7-tard. Drooling over the burger-flipping salary he makes with Linux.
> Sun, 22 Apr 2012
> </quote>

Hysterical!

Ezekiel

Feb 25, 2013, 7:03:09 PM2/25/13

"flatfish+++" <phlat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
If Microsoft or Apple released an limited, overpriced, crippled notebook
like this they'd be all over this.

But since it's Google - the hypocrites won't say a word.

--
"Really I benefited a minimum $100,000+ from Ubuntu."

The 7-tard "European Inventor of the Year" Liar.
Feb 15, 2013

flatfish+++

Feb 25, 2013, 7:20:30 PM2/25/13
That is correct.
Just like Google buying up patents.
Just like Google spying on it's users.
etc.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 25, 2013, 8:18:31 PM2/25/13
After swilling some grog, 7 belched this bit o' wisdom:

> Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> But

My God, but Zeke is a sour bastard!

> http://wwww.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-great.html

And apparently a bit out-of-touch as well.

--
Wow. You really are scum. You are supporting stealing someone's identity for
immoral and illegal reasons. Possibly like Gregory Shearman, you feel that

Hadron

Feb 25, 2013, 8:42:43 PM2/25/13
Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> writes:

> After swilling some grog, 7 belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>>> But
>
> My God, but Zeke is a sour bastard!
>
>> http://wwww.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-great.html
>
> And apparently a bit out-of-touch as well.

In what way Creepy?

http://www.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-a-joke.html

Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
workhorse".

You really are a nasty little hypocrite.

GreyCloud

Feb 25, 2013, 9:45:42 PM2/25/13
On 2/25/2013 2:11 PM, 7 wrote:
> Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> But
>
> But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay for
> this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting Appile
> harvest even more of their personal data.
>
> <quote>
> Appile's Second Hand Tablets Is a Joke

Then the Chromebook is a total pile of crap then.
Only 32Gb of storage??? For $1300???

Nope.

GreyCloud

Feb 25, 2013, 9:46:53 PM2/25/13
On 2/25/2013 6:18 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After swilling some grog, 7 belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>>> But
>
> My God, but Zeke is a sour bastard!
>
>> http://wwww.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-great.html
>
> And apparently a bit out-of-touch as well.

But $1300 and you only get 32Gb of storage???

May as well be a usb stick.

RonB

Feb 26, 2013, 1:30:13 AM2/26/13
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 20:18:31 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After swilling some grog, 7 belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>>> But
>
> My God, but Zeke is a sour bastard!
>
>> http://wwww.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-great.html
>
> And apparently a bit out-of-touch as well.

It's sad to see the WinTrolls and iCultists so eaten up with bitterness.
All their dire predictions about Linux and Android failures not
materializing. And now their beloved patent troll corporations are
starting on the downward spiral. It's a tough time to be them.

--
“There are arguments for atheism, and they do not depend,
and never did depend, upon science. They are arguable

Hadron

Feb 26, 2013, 2:59:30 AM2/26/13
Thats not enough for Creepy to store his stalking "quote collection" !
The little hypocrite that he is!

Hadron

Feb 26, 2013, 3:00:34 AM2/26/13
RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 20:18:31 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After swilling some grog, 7 belched this bit o' wisdom:

>> My God, but Zeke is a sour bastard!
>>
>>> http://wwww.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-great.html
>>
>> And apparently a bit out-of-touch as well.
>
> It's sad to see the WinTrolls and iCultists so eaten up with bitterness.
> All their dire predictions about Linux and Android failures not
> materializing. And now their beloved patent troll corporations are
> starting on the downward spiral. It's a tough time to be them.

What are you talking about? YOU predicted Apple's failure wRonG.

Now, tell us how YOU are going to buy one of these machines and what
exactly you're going to do with it when there's no wifi....

You really are a clueless idiot.

1300?!?!?!?

Get a clue.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 26, 2013, 6:03:58 AM2/26/13
After swilling some grog, RonB belched this bit o' wisdom:

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 20:18:31 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After swilling some grog, 7 belched this bit o' wisdom:

>> My God, but Zeke is a sour bastard!
>>
>>> http://wwww.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-great.html
>>
>> And apparently a bit out-of-touch as well.
>
> It's sad to see the WinTrolls and iCultists so eaten up with bitterness.
> All their dire predictions about Linux and Android failures not
> materializing. And now their beloved patent troll corporations are
> starting on the downward spiral. It's a tough time to be them.

Nonetheless, they will thrash. As evinced by the high kill ratio in COLA.

--
I have an existential map. It has "You are here" written all over it.
-- Steven Wright

bbgruff

Feb 26, 2013, 7:00:44 AM2/26/13
Hadron wrote:

> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
> workhorse".

That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
Windows!
It's Econonomics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology - buy
whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into the
bargain!
Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
Would you like me to explain in more detail?

Hadron

Feb 26, 2013, 7:14:51 AM2/26/13
bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>> workhorse".
>
> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
> Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
> Windows!

You're an idiot. What about supporting Linux?

> It's Econonomics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology - buy
> whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into the
> bargain!

They are not selling at a loss you sad little man.

> Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
> Would you like me to explain in more detail?

Yes. Please do.

Please explain to ALL of us how Ahlstrom buying a Windows "infested"
laptop is BAD for Microsoft as opposed to him buying an empty one OR one
with Linux pre-installed.

But of course you know, and I know, that Windows is still on that
laptop. Because he, like you, makes his money from Windows day in and
day out.

Now run along like a good little "advocate".

Ezekiel

Feb 26, 2013, 7:24:36 AM2/26/13
"Hadron" <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> writes:
>
>> After swilling some grog, 7 belched this bit o' wisdom:

>> My God, but Zeke is a sour bastard!

Awww, it look like the little pervert doesn't like it when someone sticks
his idiocy in his face.

>>> http://wwww.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-great.html
>>
>> And apparently a bit out-of-touch as well.

LOL - An idiot like Chris Ahlstrom believes this fake non-existent URL from
the fraud "president" and this someone makes *me* the one who's out of
touch. Here's a hint that it's not a real URL.. the "wwww" (4 of them) at
the start of the URL. The wimpering loser named Chris Ahlstrom falls for a
make-believe fake URL so that makes *me* the one who's a bit out of touch.
The real URL that actually works.

> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
> workhorse".

Maybe it's time for Google to donate a few hundred of these Chromebook
Pixels to various "journalists" like they have in the past. Giving
journalists free hardware might help "convince" them to write less scathing
reviews.

--
"It's not so much the threat of divorce, as making your every moment at home
a living hell. My wife used to dole out my weekly allowance, $20, and then

Chris Ahlstrom - emasculated wimp without a spine.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ecaf21d667b4afca?hl=en

Ezekiel

Feb 26, 2013, 7:24:58 AM2/26/13
"bbgruff" <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hadron wrote:
>
>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>> workhorse".
>
> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
> Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
> Windows!
> It's Econonomics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology - buy
> whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into the
> bargain!

What makes you think that these are being sold at a loss? Is it because Rex
Ballard claimed so?

"When a Windows-Only PC is sold, the Manufacturer loses money, and the
Retailer loses money. The only "Profit" comes from selling service and
support plans."
Rex Ballard - A Linux "advocate"

> Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
> Would you like me to explain in more detail?

Since you offered, yes. For starters explain in more detail who's losing
money and exactly how much money is being lost.

--
"Nick Negroponte wrote a book, much of which appears to have been based, in

Rex Ballard - proven liar.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/92b9d77c5f6b68b5?hl=en

Ezekiel

Feb 26, 2013, 7:51:17 AM2/26/13
"GreyCloud" <mi...@cumulus.com> wrote in message
$1300 with 32GB of storage, 4GB or RAM, weak underpowered processors and no
ethernet port.

Google has yet to innovate anything successful on their own. The only way
they can innovate anything is to buy another company that actually did the
innnovation.

A flop like the underpowered $1300 laptop with low-end memory and low-end
storage is a prime example of what happens when they try to "innovate" on
their own.

--
"I suggest (Linus) Torvalds cures whatever disease /he/ is suffering from,
before he loses what little is left of his credibility."

Homer - "Mr. Credibility" himself worried about the lack of credibility
Linus has left within the Linux community.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/9dd4f899cbc29f3e?hl=en

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 8:23:09 AM2/26/13
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:14:51 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>
>>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>>> workhorse".
>>
>> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
>> Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
>> Windows!
>
> You're an idiot. What about supporting Linux?
>
>> It's Econonomics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology - buy
>> whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into the
>> bargain!
>
> They are not selling at a loss you sad little man.
>

>> Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
>> Would you like me to explain in more detail?
>>

> Yes. Please do.
>
> Please explain to ALL of us how Ahlstrom buying a Windows "infested"
> laptop is BAD for Microsoft as opposed to him buying an empty one OR one
> with Linux pre-installed.
>
> But of course you know, and I know, that Windows is still on that
> laptop. Because he, like you, makes his money from Windows day in and
> day out.
>
> Now run along like a good little "advocate".

I think you've scared the goat.
Logic is not one of his strong points.

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 8:24:41 AM2/26/13
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:00:34 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 20:18:31 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> After swilling some grog, 7 belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> My God, but Zeke is a sour bastard!

>>> And apparently a bit out-of-touch as well.
>>
>> It's sad to see the WinTrolls and iCultists so eaten up with bitterness.
>> All their dire predictions about Linux and Android failures not
>> materializing. And now their beloved patent troll corporations are
>> starting on the downward spiral. It's a tough time to be them.
>
> What are you talking about? YOU predicted Apple's failure wRonG.
>
> Now, tell us how YOU are going to buy one of these machines and what
> exactly you're going to do with it when there's no wifi....
>
> You really are a clueless idiot.
>
> 1300?!?!?!?
>
> Get a clue.

That's Linturd tactic # 12.980-b.

Just make up some lie about so called Wintrolls being upset about
something and then wait for Chris Ahlstrom and William Poaster to
come along and +1 the post.

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 8:35:23 AM2/26/13
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 07:24:36 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

> "Hadron" <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> writes:
>>
>>> After swilling some grog, 7 belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> My God, but Zeke is a sour bastard!
>>>

> Awww, it look like the little pervert doesn't like it when someone sticks
> his idiocy in his face.

Factual data bothers the Linux "advocates".
In fact it scares the heck out of them.

>>> And apparently a bit out-of-touch as well.
>>

> LOL - An idiot like Chris Ahlstrom believes this fake non-existent URL from
> the fraud "president" and this someone makes *me* the one who's out of
> touch. Here's a hint that it's not a real URL.. the "wwww" (4 of them) at
> the start of the URL. The wimpering loser named Chris Ahlstrom falls for a
> make-believe fake URL so that makes *me* the one who's a bit out of touch.

Chris Ahlstrom fell for that one hook line and sinker.
It amazes me how he sucks up to morons like 7 and Willy Poaster.

I'm not sure what is wrong with Chris Ahlstrom, but he is certainly
not playing with all his marbles.

>> In what way Creepy?
>>
>> http://www.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-a-joke.html
>>

> The real URL that actually works.

It's so entertaining watching these Linux zealots scrambling to
protect the nest.
The truth is, that Chromebook is an overpriced piece of junk.
But since it's a Google product, a Linux friendly company, the herd
will defend it to the hilt.

They don't care if some fool comes along, reads their glowing reviews
of this porker, and then buys one and is sorely disappointed.
All they care about is foisting that pile of rubbish on some
unsuspecting fool. And all to get Linux in the hands of a few people.

Fortunately most people aren't as ignorant as the Linturds would
like.

The reviews on that Chromebook are scathing and easily found.

Like here for example:

http://www.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-a-joke.html

>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>> workhorse".
>
> Maybe it's time for Google to donate a few hundred of these Chromebook
> Pixels to various "journalists" like they have in the past. Giving
> journalists free hardware might help "convince" them to write less scathing
> reviews.

In this case I doubt it.

This pig is still going to be a pig no matter how much lipstick they
smear on.

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 8:37:16 AM2/26/13
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 07:51:17 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

> "GreyCloud" <mi...@cumulus.com> wrote in message

>>> But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay for
>>> this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting Appile
>>> harvest even more of their personal data.
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Appile's Second Hand Tablets Is a Joke
>>
>> Then the Chromebook is a total pile of crap then.
>> Only 32Gb of storage??? For $1300???
>>

> $1300 with 32GB of storage, 4GB or RAM, weak underpowered processors and no
> ethernet port.
>
> Google has yet to innovate anything successful on their own. The only way
> they can innovate anything is to buy another company that actually did the
> innnovation.
>
> A flop like the underpowered $1300 laptop with low-end memory and low-end
> storage is a prime example of what happens when they try to "innovate" on
> their own.

What on earth was Google thinking when they came up with this pile of
junk?

http://www.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-a-joke.html

DFS

Feb 26, 2013, 8:56:06 AM2/26/13
It's good to hear an "advocate" explain what makes him an "advocate":
perfectly willing to financially support MS and help maintain Windows
market share if it saves him a little money.

Also, believing that they're taking a loss and that such actions will
'bankrupt the MS ecology' is part of the sheer idiocy that goes into
being a Linux "advocate".

Good job all around, Mr. Gruff. You made cola proud today!

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 26, 2013, 8:59:12 AM2/26/13
After swilling some grog, bbgruff belched this bit o' wisdom:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>> workhorse".

It was a Toshiba. More evidence that "Hadron"'s reading comprehension
is *abysmal*.

> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
> Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
> Windows!
> It's Econonomics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology - buy
> whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into the
> bargain!
> Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
> Would you like me to explain in more detail?

Why bother? His aim is to derail the Linux train. The big problem for
"Hadron", though, is that he's too stupid and so obviously nasty and
biased that his puerile words can gain no traction.

Anyway, yes, if Google, for some stupid reason, were to put Windows on
its Chromebooks and accept all the back-handers and third-party tie-ins
that support the Microsoft golden circle of OEMs, and the result was a
25% to 30% discount for the Chromebook, hell yes I would buy it. It
would be stupid not to.

However, "Hadron"'s "Windows-on-Chromebook" is too surreal to ever
happen, since Google has made its mark in mobile hardware by *avoiding*
the Windows tax like the plague. As usual, "Hadron" pulls tales out of
his ass.

--
Looks like Tony Manco has been summoned to help Liarmutt up on the front
line. Almost as boring as hpt or Willy Poaster one wonders what on earth

chrisv

Feb 26, 2013, 9:01:22 AM2/26/13
bbgruff wrote:

>Hadron quacked:
>>
>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>> workhorse".
>
>That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
>Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
>Windows!

Yep. There's no reason LInux users should not take advantage of the
same marketing games that benefit Windows users. It would be foolish
not to.

>It's Econonomics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology - buy
>whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into the
>bargain!
>Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
>Would you like me to explain in more detail?

There's certainly nothing wrong with doing that.

Obviously, it is a fscked market, if getting Free software costs more
than monopoly payware. It's an impossible situation for Free software
- there's no way a product will succeed on "charity". Which is why,
in the desktop/laptop market controlled by M$, Free software has
languished.

Micro$oft-loving shit like "Hadron" and "Ezekiel" will *lie* and
attack you as having "no principles" unless you pay extra just to
avoid a Windows pre-install, but the truth is that doing so is
irrational and pointless.

--
'There are no "discussion" posts. Just "Linux rox and anyone who it
doesnt work for are winshills and on the MS payrole".' - "True Linux

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 26, 2013, 9:02:44 AM2/26/13
After swilling some grog, Hadron belched this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> writes:
>
>>> http://wwww.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-great.html
>>
>> And apparently a bit out-of-touch as well.
>
> In what way Creepy?
>
> http://www.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-a-joke.html
>
> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
> workhorse".
>
> You really are a nasty little hypocrite.

LOL.

> --
> A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
> user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
> (Linux), Message-ID: <wPGdnd3NnOM...@comcast.com>

<chuckle>

Which is it, "Hadron"? Am I a Linux user, or not?

<laughing>

DFS

Feb 26, 2013, 9:11:43 AM2/26/13
Of course you're a Linux hobbyist who tinkers endlessly with his
amateurware by night. That's why you use Linux in the first place.

bbgruff

Feb 26, 2013, 9:22:01 AM2/26/13
Do please come back to me when you have completed your 101 Logic couse and
your 101 Comprehension course.
Until then, I suggest that you refrain from trying to argue with either me
or any other adult - it will only end in tears. Yours!

chrisv

Feb 26, 2013, 9:29:15 AM2/26/13
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Hadron quacked:
>>
>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>> workhorse".
>>
>> You really are a nasty little hypocrite.
>
>LOL.

Larry loves to *lie* to attack Linux advocates.

Larry is obviously very proud and pleased at how his masters in
Redmand have managed to rig the market to such an extent that
consumers must pay *extra* just to *not buy* the M$ product!!!

(Yet the scummy bastard still claims that people "choose" Windows in a
free market. Guffaw.)

Indeed, rather than get ripped-off by paying more for the same
hardware than what a Windwoes user would need to pay, it's far smarter
to take the deal and contribute money directly to the distro or
project of your choice.

--
"the playing field is totally level. All another OS maker has to do is
put out an OS that is better than Windows and market it correctly." -

DFS

Feb 26, 2013, 9:31:06 AM2/26/13
Google (a Linux company) actually delivered 60,000 Chromebook bribes
back then.

http://www.exitevent.com/review-two-years-with-the-google-chromebook-121214.asp

Fraud 7 doesn't even have the new one in hand and he's already lying
it's "the world's most advanced laptop" (despite the FACT the Apple
Macbook is a far better machine for nearly the same money).

Imagine what the little fraudulent idiot would say if you gave him a
$1300 Chromebook Pixel for free?

DFS

Feb 26, 2013, 9:34:26 AM2/26/13
All that's left is for you to tell us about your Windows job, and how
everyone in your family but you runs Windows.

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 9:57:43 AM2/26/13
Hysterical watching the Linturds attempting to explain away the fact
that they are hypocrites.

Add in their twisted logic and lack of even basic financial ability
and it makes for a highly entertaining show!

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 10:08:57 AM2/26/13
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:59:12 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After swilling some grog, bbgruff belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>
>>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>>> workhorse".
>
> It was a Toshiba. More evidence that "Hadron"'s reading comprehension
> is *abysmal*.

It was also a Windows preloaded machine meaning you didn't give your
business to a vendor trying to sell Linux machines.

>> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
>> Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
>> Windows!
>> It's Econonomics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology - buy
>> whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into the
>> bargain!
>> Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
>> Would you like me to explain in more detail?
>
> Why bother? His aim is to derail the Linux train.

The desktop Linux train was derailed 20 years ago, the day Linux was
released.
It's been off the rails ever since.

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 10:11:31 AM2/26/13
Poor goat.
You really got his dander up this time :)

Maybe he can tell us again how there is no such thing as intellectual
property!

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 10:12:34 AM2/26/13
These Linturds are a complete joke.

They will LIE for LIEnux at every opportunity.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 26, 2013, 10:13:24 AM2/26/13
After swilling some grog, bbgruff belched this bit o' wisdom:
Indeed.

DFS claims I am maintaining Windows market share.

Imagine the "market share" if *everyone* who did as I did, and
bought a Windows PC, and then slicked it, replacing Windows with Linux.

Microsoft would indeed have gotten its money [and does anyway, thanks to
its licenses-for-all-computers OEM contracts anyway], and yet where
would Windows market share be?

Only in DFS's screwy little brain would slicking Windows help Microsoft.
Well, there is another evil clown who cares only about money. See the sig.

--
What we’re really after is simply that people acquire a legal license for
Windows for each computer they own before they move on to Linux or Sun

Hadron

Feb 26, 2013, 10:30:59 AM2/26/13
You use Linux yes.

But for hobby purposes.

Do you deny forging your headers?

Like you denied boasting about your Windows related salary?

And why isnt "ron" or "william" or "turd" in quotes? You silly,
pretentious little "advocate" you.

DFS

Feb 26, 2013, 10:34:15 AM2/26/13
You are, and you have for 2 decades or so, and probably always will.

Are you too stupid to realize developing (or in your case QAing) and
deploying Windows apps helps maintain Windows dominance?

> Imagine the "market share" if *everyone* who did as I did, and
> bought a Windows PC, and then slicked it, replacing Windows with Linux.

Imagining such idiocy is all you'll ever have.

There just aren't that many stupid, mentally ill people in the world.

> Microsoft would indeed have gotten its money [and does anyway, thanks to
> its licenses-for-all-computers OEM contracts anyway],
> and yet where would Windows market share be?

As if you have the slightest inkling of the terms of Toshiba's OEM
contracts with Microsoft. Who do you think you are, Kingmaker Ballard
or something?

I admit it's funny (pathetic funny) to watch you scramble around cola
trying to rationalize your purchase of a Microsoft Windows-based
system, while you bleat like a Tourette's victim "I slicked Windows! I
slicked Windows!"

> Only in DFS's screwy little brain would slicking Windows help Microsoft.

Only in your money-grubbing dumbass brain would paying for a Windows
license not help Microsoft and the entire Windows ecosystem: support MS,
support the retailer who sold another Windows system and will now order
another one, support the trialware vendors, support the hardware vendor
who registers another Windows system sale, etc.

You're a moron. And you're an "advocate". There's little or no difference.

> Well, there is another evil clown who cares only about money.

huh?

Tell us again why you bought the Windows-based laptop instead of a
Linux-preinstalled system (or slink away like the chickenshit you are).

More never-ending hypocrisy from Creepy.

Snit

Feb 26, 2013, 10:37:22 AM2/26/13
On 2/26/13 8:13 AM, in article kgijcf$6k5$1...@dont-email.me, "Chris Ahlstrom"
<OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:

>> Do please come back to me when you have completed your 101 Logic couse and
>> your 101 Comprehension course.
>> Until then, I suggest that you refrain from trying to argue with either me
>> or any other adult - it will only end in tears. Yours!
>
> Indeed.
>
> DFS claims I am maintaining Windows market share.
>
> Imagine the "market share" if *everyone* who did as I did, and
> bought a Windows PC, and then slicked it, replacing Windows with Linux.
>
> Microsoft would indeed have gotten its money [and does anyway, thanks to
> its licenses-for-all-computers OEM contracts anyway], and yet where
> would Windows market share be?

Please show where MS gets a license for all computers from the OEM
contracts.

Oh.

You cannot.

OEMs do likely get site licenses and those licenses are based on how many
computers they sell *with Windows*... so if you sell between X and Y
computers you pay a fee of Z. That is how most type contracts work, but even
that is just a guess. Unlike you I do not pretend to have access to these
contracts.

TomB and others have admitted that even if the OEMs did ship more computers
with Linux pre-installed they would likely replace it with their own favored
distro anyway. This means there is *no* benefit for him to getting a
computer with Linux vs. getting it with Windows. None.

But we do know from web usage stats that desktop Linux usage is still
between 1 and 2%... a figure that was called a "lie" in the G+ group when I
used it but then accepted when a few days later Linus Torvalds used it...
and the thread where it was first called a lie was deleted.

> Only in DFS's screwy little brain would slicking Windows help Microsoft.
> Well, there is another evil clown who cares only about money. See the sig.

--
"There are 'extremists' in the free software world, but that's one major
reason why I don't call what I do 'free software' any more. I don't want to

bbgruff

Feb 26, 2013, 10:45:20 AM2/26/13
Hadron wrote:

> bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>
>>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>>> workhorse".
>>
>> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
>> Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
>> Windows!
>
> You're an idiot. What about supporting Linux?
>
>> It's Economics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology -
>> buy whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into
>> the bargain!
>
> They are not selling at a loss you sad little man.
>

>> Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
>> Would you like me to explain in more detail?
>>

> Yes. Please do.
>
> Please explain to ALL of us how Ahlstrom buying a Windows "infested"
> laptop is BAD for Microsoft as opposed to him buying an empty one OR one
> with Linux pre-installed.
>
> But of course you know, and I know, that Windows is still on that
> laptop. Because he, like you, makes his money from Windows day in and
> day out.
>
> Now run along like a good little "advocate".

You are not very bright at all, are you, hadron?
Suppose that:-

1. Somebody (a Linux User) needs a laptop.

2. He searches for the model(s) he prefers, and notes the prices.

3. He finds that (and/or):-

a) From a big OEM, there is usually no Linux or "no OS" option.

b) If there IS a Linux option, it is often
(from e.g. Dell) more expensive

c) I he goes to a smaller supplier, he will find that the
Linux or "no OS" version is cheaper - *BUT* still
more expensive than the same machine with Windows
elsewhere.

Best option? Well:-

1. The little guy is dearer anyway, like-for-like, so no.

2. From the big guy, buy the Windows version, and install Linux.

Who has lost? You tell me - certainly not the buyer (Chris in your
example), since by your own admission, he *saved* money. The only way *he*
could lose would be by paying the OEM *more* for the Linux machine than for
the Windows machine.

*You* don't seem to understand that, but there again, you call the decision
"hypocritical". I call it common sense, and suggest that you are in need of
a dictionary.

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 10:45:37 AM2/26/13
BEATDOWN!!!

Poor Creepy Chris Ahlstrom. I doubt he will ever recover from the
likes of that beatdown!

chrisv

Feb 26, 2013, 10:56:22 AM2/26/13
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> bbgruff belched:
>
>> Dumfsck wrote:
>>>
>>> It's good to hear an "advocate" explain what makes him an "advocate":
>>> perfectly willing to financially support MS and help maintain Windows
>>> market share if it saves him a little money.
>>
>> Do please come back to me when you have completed your 101 Logic couse and
>> your 101 Comprehension course.
>> Until then, I suggest that you refrain from trying to argue with either me
>> or any other adult - it will only end in tears. Yours!

The dumfscker has to march in lock-step with his fellow shitty liars
"Ezekiel" and "Hadron". Anyone who sides with them on this issue is a
piece of shit.

>Only in DFS's screwy little brain would slicking Windows help Microsoft.

Dumfsck thinks that reviewers can be bribed by giving them Free
software.

--
"Linux users accept free suckware and in return give it bogus good
reviews way out of line with the kualitee of the junk." - DumFSck

bbgruff

Feb 26, 2013, 11:00:09 AM2/26/13
Before you "Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!), my dear flatfish, perhaps you would be so
good as to tell us where he *ever* said "there is no such thing as
intellectual property"?

To help you, I can give you a quote of his, posted to this very group, and
then perhaps you can take it from there. It doesn't sound to me as though
he thinks that there is "no such thing as intellectual property".
You may also like to tell us who the "Steve" in question was:-

<quote>
It's all very well to write "Bullshit snipped", "Steve", but bear this in
mind:-

1. "Intellectual Property" is a blanket term, including several laws.

2. One of those is Trademarks.
Linux is a trademark - owned by Linus Torvalds.
I doubt you will find many Linux people saying there's no such thing.

3. In the Linux Community, much store is set by the GPL.
The GPL relies on copyright law.
I doubt you will find many Linux people contradicting that.

Your question was:-
"Don't Linux / FOSS supporters claim that there is no
such thing as Intellectual Property? "

My answer was, and remains, "No".

If there's any part of the word "No" that you don't understand, perhaps you
could clarify which part it is?
</quote>

GreyCloud

Feb 26, 2013, 11:03:03 AM2/26/13
So, how does that cause MS to lose money??
Especially if you bought the laptop with windows on it??

GreyCloud

Feb 26, 2013, 11:05:20 AM2/26/13
Well, do you get paid for working with windows or don't you??

> Imagine the "market share" if *everyone* who did as I did, and
> bought a Windows PC, and then slicked it, replacing Windows with Linux.
>
> Microsoft would indeed have gotten its money [and does anyway, thanks to
> its licenses-for-all-computers OEM contracts anyway], and yet where
> would Windows market share be?

The same as it has always been. So?

> Only in DFS's screwy little brain would slicking Windows help Microsoft.
> Well, there is another evil clown who cares only about money. See the sig.

Then give up your day job and find a linux job like the rest say exists.

Snit

Feb 26, 2013, 11:07:42 AM2/26/13
On 2/26/13 8:45 AM, in article ap43kf...@mid.individual.net, "bbgruff"
Add to that the fact that even if the machine came with Linux, even many
Linux users would wipe it and replace it with their favored distro. So
coming with Windows or Linux offers no benefit (not including some of the
recent security stuff... but even that should be used by Linux advocates as
ammo to contact the OEMs and let them know they want machines without
such... if I were buying a machine and found I was stuck with that I know
*I* would). This means OEMs would get pressured to offer more Linux options
because they know this is what consumers want.

--
"Necrophilia would be my second choice for what should be done with my
corpse, the first being scientific or medical use." -- Richard Stallman

GreyCloud

Feb 26, 2013, 11:08:05 AM2/26/13
On 2/26/2013 6:59 AM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After swilling some grog, bbgruff belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>
>>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>>> workhorse".
>
> It was a Toshiba. More evidence that "Hadron"'s reading comprehension
> is *abysmal*.
>
>> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
>> Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
>> Windows!
>> It's Econonomics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology - buy
>> whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into the
>> bargain!
>> Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
>> Would you like me to explain in more detail?
>
> Why bother? His aim is to derail the Linux train.

Dummy, the linux train derailed trying to get out of the yard.

> The big problem for
> "Hadron", though, is that he's too stupid and so obviously nasty and
> biased that his puerile words can gain no traction.
>
> Anyway, yes, if Google, for some stupid reason, were to put Windows on
> its Chromebooks and accept all the back-handers and third-party tie-ins
> that support the Microsoft golden circle of OEMs, and the result was a
> 25% to 30% discount for the Chromebook, hell yes I would buy it. It
> would be stupid not to.

But then it flies into your arguments that MS should die off. How can
than happen if you do this all the time?? Best Microsoft advocacy I've
ever seen... OTW, you're a Microsoft Advocate.

Hadron

Feb 26, 2013, 11:12:30 AM2/26/13
Say what? YOU told us the ONLY reason you bought the Windows system, and
this helped maintain MS dominance when you're not actually QAing Windows
SW for enough salary to boast about here, was that it SAVED you money.

Creepy. You *really* are a silly little man at times.

DFS

Feb 26, 2013, 11:12:26 AM2/26/13
The entire Linux "community".

This issue (of a Linux "advocate" buying a Windows laptop) was never
about cost here vs cost there. We know it's usually cheaper to buy a
Windows system.

It's the fact that the "advocate" (in this case the ultimately smarmy
and Creepy Chris Ahlstrom - have you seen his strong, domineering wife
and the list of big words he uses?) doesn't support the Linux/OSS cause
he professes to believe in, and instead gives his money to Microsoft and
helps maintain Windows dominance and market share.

He could've spent 5 minutes and ordered a no-OS system here:

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-clevo-sager-notebooks-ct-95_51_162.html

The standard for all their laptops I looked at is no operating system
preinstalled.

chrisv

Feb 26, 2013, 11:12:45 AM2/26/13
bbgruff wrote:

>Hadron quacked:
>>
>> bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>>>
>>> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
>>> Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
>>> Windows!
>>
>> You're an idiot.

You're a Linux-hating POS.

>> What about supporting Linux?

Dumbshit Quack. It doesn't support Linux to avoid the pre-install.

He supports it in other ways (like using it).

>>> It's Economics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology -
>>> buy whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into
>>> the bargain!
>>
>> They are not selling at a loss you sad little man.

True, it doesn't financially hurt M$, either.

It really should be a purely rational, economic decision. All
rational consumers seek the best value.

>*You* don't seem to understand that, but there again, you call the decision
>"hypocritical". I call it common sense, and suggest that you are in need of
>a dictionary.

"Hadron" is a filthy liar, who will say anything, to attack FOSS and
its advocates.

Stupid assholes like "Hadron" and "Ezekiel" and "DFS" show what they
are, whit every post.

--
"And to remind you, YOU use Windows at work. Your hypocrisy is
astonishing." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

Hadron

Feb 26, 2013, 11:14:54 AM2/26/13
GreyCloud <mi...@cumulus.com> writes:

> On 2/26/2013 6:59 AM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> After swilling some grog, bbgruff belched this bit o' wisdom:

>> It was a Toshiba. More evidence that "Hadron"'s reading comprehension
>> is *abysmal*.
>>
>>> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
>>> Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
>>> Windows!
>>> It's Econonomics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology - buy
>>> whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into the
>>> bargain!
>>> Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
>>> Would you like me to explain in more detail?
>>
>> Why bother? His aim is to derail the Linux train.
>
> Dummy, the linux train derailed trying to get out of the yard.

But dont worry! Super "open source terrorist" Creepy Chris Ahlstrom is
doing his bit to derail the mighty "Nazi" Microsoft by, errr, buying MS
Windows installed systems and thus providing more income for MS.

Hey! Wait a minute.....

That cant be right! Oh. It is.

LOL

Poor Creepy! The more he whines the more of an ass he makes himself
look.

Hadron

Feb 26, 2013, 11:19:20 AM2/26/13
Or gone to eBay and bought a swiped clean older laptop for next to
nothing since Linux really does have less requirements than Windows in
most cases. Costs next to nothing to buy a few more gigs of RAM. Voila!
No arse kissing MS for Creepy then. Maybe he enjoys making a fool of
himself. He does it with abandon lately.

My last few laptops have all been eBay and all been installed with
Debian with little to no issues. Sure there were wifi issues but soon
rectified. And ALL cost a snip.

Ezekiel

Feb 26, 2013, 11:26:29 AM2/26/13
"DFS" <nos...@dfs.com> wrote in message news:kgimrc$ufs$1...@dont-email.me...

>>> They are not selling at a loss you sad little man.
>>>

>> Who has lost?
>

> The entire Linux "community".
>
> This issue (of a Linux "advocate" buying a Windows laptop) was never about
> cost here vs cost there. We know it's usually cheaper to buy a Windows
> system.
>
> It's the fact that the "advocate" (in this case the ultimately smarmy and
> Creepy Chris Ahlstrom - have you seen his strong, domineering wife and the
> list of big words he uses?) doesn't support the Linux/OSS cause he
> professes to believe in, and instead gives his money to Microsoft and
> helps maintain Windows dominance and market share.
>

> He could've spent 5 minutes and ordered a no-OS system here:
>
> http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-clevo-sager-notebooks-ct-95_51_162.html
>
> The standard for all their laptops I looked at is no operating system
> preinstalled.

Just like the good little hypocrite that he is, for Chris Ahlstrom it's not
about the money except when it's only about the money.

"I wouldn't work for Microsoft for a billion dollars." In his fantasy
hypothetical world where there's absolutely zero chance of this ever
happening, it's not about money for the hypocrite and it's all about his
make-believe convictions and principles.

But when it comes to reality - he'll gladly support Microsoft and the
Windows ecosystem both in his employment and if it saves him $20 on a
laptop. In the real world his pretend billion-dollar convictions and
principles all go out the door if he can save himself $20 - which is a
week's allowance.

--
"It's not so much the threat of divorce, as making your every moment at home
a living hell. My wife used to dole out my weekly allowance, $20, and then
quiz me about where I spent it, as she didn't expect me to buy snacks and
such."

Chris Ahlstrom - emasculated wimp without a spine.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ecaf21d667b4afca?hl=en

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 26, 2013, 12:16:56 PM2/26/13
After swilling some grog, bbgruff belched this bit o' wisdom:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> But of course you know, and I know, that Windows is still on that
>> laptop.

Nope. Gone. Completely.

>> Because he, like you, makes his money from Windows day in and
>> day out.

Nope. I spend the majority of my time in Linux, and not in a virtual
machine, and not running MS Office.

It's amazing how much you can do on the web, and with cross-platform
applications.

>> Now run along like a good little "advocate".

Now run along like a bad little troll, "Hadron"?

> You are not very bright at all, are you, hadron?

He's an imbecile.

> Suppose that:-
>
> 1. Somebody (a Linux User) needs a laptop.
>
> 2. He searches for the model(s) he prefers, and notes the prices.
>
> 3. He finds that (and/or):-
>
> a) From a big OEM, there is usually no Linux or "no OS" option.
>
> b) If there IS a Linux option, it is often
> (from e.g. Dell) more expensive
>
> c) I he goes to a smaller supplier, he will find that the
> Linux or "no OS" version is cheaper - *BUT* still
> more expensive than the same machine with Windows
> elsewhere.
>
> Best option? Well:-
>
> 1. The little guy is dearer anyway, like-for-like, so no.
>
> 2. From the big guy, buy the Windows version, and install Linux.
>
> Who has lost? You tell me - certainly not the buyer (Chris in your
> example), since by your own admission, he *saved* money. The only way *he*
> could lose would be by paying the OEM *more* for the Linux machine than for
> the Windows machine.
>
> *You* don't seem to understand that, but there again, you call the decision
> "hypocritical". I call it common sense, and suggest that you are in need of
> a dictionary.

"Hadron" is in need of a head transplant.

Failing that, installing a new conscience would be sufficient.

--
Yes, theres choice alright - that buggy heap of shit, or that one, or
that one.... etc etc etc.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 26, 2013, 12:18:10 PM2/26/13
After swilling some grog, chrisv belched this bit o' wisdom:

> "Hadron" is a filthy liar, who will say anything, to attack FOSS and
> its advocates.
>
> Stupid assholes like "Hadron" and "Ezekiel" and "DFS" show what they
> are, whit every post.

Well, the shitty people now outnumber us here.

--
People tried chrome, ff, opera etc etc couldnt make up their minds
and went back to the default (of IE).

Ezekiel

Feb 26, 2013, 12:28:40 PM2/26/13
"DFS" <nos...@dfs.com> wrote in message news:kgigta$oq6$1...@dont-email.me...
> On 2/26/2013 7:24 AM, Ezekiel wrote:
>> "Hadron" <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Awww, it look like the little pervert doesn't like it when someone sticks
>> his idiocy in his face.

>> LOL - An idiot like Chris Ahlstrom believes this fake non-existent URL
>> from
>> the fraud "president" and this someone makes *me* the one who's out of
>> touch. Here's a hint that it's not a real URL.. the "wwww" (4 of them) at
>> the start of the URL. The wimpering loser named Chris Ahlstrom falls for
>> make-believe fake URL so that makes *me* the one who's a bit out of
>> touch.
>>

>> The real URL that actually works.
>>
>>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>>> workhorse".
>>
>> Maybe it's time for Google to donate a few hundred of these Chromebook
>> Pixels to various "journalists" like they have in the past. Giving
>> journalists free hardware might help "convince" them to write less
>> scathing
>> reviews.
>

> Google (a Linux company) actually delivered 60,000 Chromebook bribes back
> then.
>
> http://www.exitevent.com/review-two-years-with-the-google-chromebook-121214.asp

Even after bribing ^h^h "helping convince" 60,000 bloggers and journalists
with free hardware they can barely get a decent review:

<quote>
I was one of the lucky few (OK, the lucky 60,000) who got their hands on the
Google CR-48, the first shipped Chromebook, almost two years ago to the day.

To me, the Chromebook is a definite, if awkward, step in that direction. It
feels like it's about 80% there, but if that other 20% is going to stop you
in your tracks, then look elsewhere.
</quote>

And that's the cheap model that costs a small fraction of the $1300 price
tag of their new break-thru product.

> Fraud 7 doesn't even have the new one in hand and he's already lying it's
> "the world's most advanced laptop" (despite the FACT the Apple Macbook is
> a far better machine for nearly the same money).

There is absolutely nothing advanced about this laptop. Oh wait - it has 3
microphones! Other than that it's overpriced, underpowered, with the same
amount of RAM that you can get on a $300 laptop and less storage than
practically any other laptop on the market. There is nothing "advanced" at
all about this.

> Imagine what the little fraudulent idiot would say if you gave
> him a $1300 Chromebook Pixel for free?

He says a lot - but it doesn't mean that any of it is correct, true,
accurate or makes any sense.

--
"I've done for example SQL optimization and the reason I could do it better
than the best high level experts can do was because I think in hex and bits

Babbling idiot "7"
March 7, 2012
<qAN5r.607$ya....@newsfe03.ams2>

chrisv

Feb 26, 2013, 12:31:43 PM2/26/13
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> bbgruff belched:
>>
>> *You* don't seem to understand that, but there again, you call the decision
>> "hypocritical". I call it common sense, and suggest that you are in need of
>> a dictionary.
>
>"Hadron" is in need of a head transplant.
>
>Failing that, installing a new conscience would be sufficient.

Remember when the trolling fsckwit "Ezekiel" defended a $200 price
increase to get *FreeDOS* insead of Windows?

Yeah, one is a real "hypocrite" if one doesn't cough up $200 to avoid
the WinDOS pre-install. Not. It proves that one has "no principles".
Not.

These people ("Ezekiel" and "Hadron") are *shit*!

Hadron

Feb 26, 2013, 12:39:32 PM2/26/13
So turd, perhaps you can explain why buying a MS infested laptop helps
Linux and defeats MS? Come on turd, you know you want to. Maybe you can
borrow Losertec's head for math!

Face it turd : you're an idiot.

GreyCloud

Feb 26, 2013, 12:49:06 PM2/26/13
Good entertainment there. LOL!

chrisv

Feb 26, 2013, 12:54:40 PM2/26/13
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> chrisv belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> "Hadron" is a filthy liar, who will say anything, to attack FOSS and
>> its advocates.
>>
>> Stupid assholes like "Hadron" and "Ezekiel" and "DFS" show what they
>> are, whit every post.
>
>Well, the shitty people now outnumber us here.

Outposting us, by far.

A sane person cannot compete with a kook who is will to repeat the
same idiocy and lies over and over and over, day in and day out, year
in and year out.

So, most of the sane posters plonk/ignore the filthy lying kooks,
while the kooks stalk the advocates' every post, insanely desperate to
smear a group of decent, honest, reasonable people as "hypocrites" or
whatever.

But they are not fooling anyone who matters. Only bags of shit, like
them, would think them right.

--
"Then another day software patents are bad and advocates refuse to
acknowledge them while at the same time Redhat is building up their

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 26, 2013, 12:55:26 PM2/26/13
After swilling some grog, chrisv belched this bit o' wisdom:
Doesn't matter to me. I have my own path to follow, and I respect the
paths of others.

For example, while I admire Homer's strong principles and great
unwillingness provide even an iota of support for something he dislikes,
I'm not going to follow his path. I view Microsoft as a necessary evil,
though it may be getting less necessary as time goes on and the
market shifts towards a more normal ground.

I'm happy to see that vendors like System 76 support users who are tired
of Windows, but don't have the nerve or desire to install a Linux distro
themselves. But I don't feel I owe them anything. It's like those
bumper stickers that say "Buy local". Sure, it is a nice sentiment, and
there are some things where it is convenient to "buy local". But other
things are best bought online.

I'd rather my money go to good groups like SomaFM or the FSF. And,
thanks to third-party vendors who supply "freebies" to the OEMs, more of
that money is available to send to those groups. Bill Gates gets his
cut no matter what; such is the sickness of the desktop/laptop computing
market.

My principles about GNU/Linux? It's great to get no-cost software of
such high quality, it is fun to use, deployments are unencumbered by
crap like activation and CALs, the freedom of the code benefits
everyone, and I'll work pretty hard to use it to the full extent, and
argue for avoiding Microsoft code to the best of my ability. Especially
since, from what I've seen, Microsoft can have some serious issues.

--
Distro hell! Linux is Linux. Except when it isn't. The funny thing about
clueless idiots like you shilling Puppy because of its cute name is that

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 26, 2013, 12:56:55 PM2/26/13
After swilling some grog, chrisv belched this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> chrisv belched this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> "Hadron" is a filthy liar, who will say anything, to attack FOSS and
>>> its advocates.
>>>
>>> Stupid assholes like "Hadron" and "Ezekiel" and "DFS" show what they
>>> are, whit every post.
>>
>>Well, the shitty people now outnumber us here.
>
> Outposting us, by far.
>
> A sane person cannot compete with a kook who is will to repeat the
> same idiocy and lies over and over and over, day in and day out, year
> in and year out.
>
> So, most of the sane posters plonk/ignore the filthy lying kooks,
> while the kooks stalk the advocates' every post, insanely desperate to
> smear a group of decent, honest, reasonable people as "hypocrites" or
> whatever.

Well, they're in the wrong venue. They should try G+. :-D

--
raytard, stop. read the thread. keep in mind Gortards ministering.
Your local church is governed by the head of "that church". Individual

RonB

Feb 26, 2013, 2:06:49 PM2/26/13
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:00:44 +0000, bbgruff wrote:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would you
>> buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg "Linux
>> workhorse".
>
> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper
> with Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it
> with Windows!
> It's Econonomics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology -
> buy whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into
> the bargain!
> Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
> Would you like me to explain in more detail?

You're being trolled. This is a classic trolling method. Irrelevant side
issues _ad nauseum._ Use the killfile, Luke.

--
“There are arguments for atheism, and they do not depend,
and never did depend, upon science. They are arguable
enough, as far as they go, upon a general survey of life;
only it happens to be a superficial survey of life.”
--G. K. Chesterton

chrisv

Feb 26, 2013, 3:57:47 PM2/26/13
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>I have my own path to follow, and I respect the paths of others.
>
>For example, while I admire Homer's strong principles and great
>unwillingness provide even an iota of support for something he dislikes,
>I'm not going to follow his path. I view Microsoft as a necessary evil,
>though it may be getting less necessary as time goes on and the
>market shifts towards a more normal ground.
>
>I'm happy to see that vendors like System 76 support users who are tired
>of Windows, but don't have the nerve or desire to install a Linux distro
>themselves. But I don't feel I owe them anything. It's like those
>bumper stickers that say "Buy local". Sure, it is a nice sentiment, and
>there are some things where it is convenient to "buy local". But other
>things are best bought online.
>
>I'd rather my money go to good groups like SomaFM or the FSF. And,
>thanks to third-party vendors who supply "freebies" to the OEMs, more of
>that money is available to send to those groups. Bill Gates gets his
>cut no matter what; such is the sickness of the desktop/laptop computing
>market.
>
>My principles about GNU/Linux? It's great to get no-cost software of
>such high quality, it is fun to use, deployments are unencumbered by
>crap like activation and CALs, the freedom of the code benefits
>everyone, and I'll work pretty hard to use it to the full extent, and
>argue for avoiding Microsoft code to the best of my ability. Especially
>since, from what I've seen, Microsoft can have some serious issues.

Well, how "unreasonable" of you. No wonder you are attacked by vile,
disgusting, hypocritical liars, like "Hadron" and "Ezekiel".

--
"Because Gidget, like Koehlmann and Liarnut, think 64 bit means its
twice as fast. Really." - Hadron Quark, lying shamelessly

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 4:13:19 PM2/26/13
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:55:26 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Doesn't matter to me. I have my own path to follow, and I respect the
> paths of others.

You follow the path that your domineering wife sets for you.
Nothing more.
Plenty less.

> For example, while I admire Homer's strong principles and great
> unwillingness provide even an iota of support for something he dislikes,
> I'm not going to follow his path.

Translation: I'm sucking up to Homer even though I know he is a nut
case.

> I view Microsoft as a necessary evil,
> though it may be getting less necessary as time goes on and the
> market shifts towards a more normal ground.

Especially when it comes to paying your bills, buying your house,
driving your Ford Fiesta and so forth.

> I'm happy to see that vendors like System 76 support users who are tired
> of Windows, but don't have the nerve or desire to install a Linux distro
> themselves.

You won't be able to see them in the future if you freetards don't
start supporting them with more than your rhetoric.
IOW, fork over a couple of Benjamin's once in a while.

> But I don't feel I owe them anything.

So what do you owe Microsoft for allowing you to earn your living?

> It's like those
> bumper stickers that say "Buy local". Sure, it is a nice sentiment, and
> there are some things where it is convenient to "buy local". But other
> things are best bought online.

So you feel it's ok for those companies to struggle along because you
don't feel you owe them anything.

No wonder desktop Linux is on life support.

> I'd rather my money go to good groups like SomaFM or the FSF.

LOL!
You're kidding right?

Putting your money right into the pocket of a disheveled freak who
eats his own toe jam while speaking to an audience?

I'd have more respect for you if you gambled it away in Vegas.

> And,
> thanks to third-party vendors who supply "freebies" to the OEMs, more of
> that money is available to send to those groups.

You mean to waste on those groups.

> Bill Gates gets his
> cut no matter what; such is the sickness of the desktop/laptop computing
> market.

But the company selling the Linux loaded laptop doesn't get the sale
because of selfish, hypocritical people like you, Ahlstrom.

> My principles about GNU/Linux? It's great to get no-cost software of
> such high quality, it is fun to use, deployments are unencumbered by
> crap like activation and CALs, the freedom of the code benefits
> everyone, and I'll work pretty hard to use it to the full extent, and
> argue for avoiding Microsoft code to the best of my ability.

Except that much of the code is *NOT* high quality, but pure junk.
And the better code is cross platform anyway.

Which is why it's free in the first place.

> Especially
> since, from what I've seen, Microsoft can have some serious issues.

So can Linux.
Your point?

William Poaster

Feb 26, 2013, 5:41:00 PM2/26/13
bbgruff wrote:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

>>> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper with
>>> Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy* it with
>>> Windows!
>>
>> You're an idiot. What about supporting Linux?
>>
>>> It's Economics 101 - and the way to bankrupt the Microsoft ecology -
>>> buy whatever they are selling at a loss, and do yourself a favour into
>>> the bargain!
>>
>> They are not selling at a loss you sad little man.
>>

>>> Why do you find this so difficult to understand?
>>> Would you like me to explain in more detail?
>>>

>> Yes. Please do.
>>
>> Please explain to ALL of us how Ahlstrom buying a Windows "infested"
>> laptop is BAD for Microsoft as opposed to him buying an empty one OR one
>> with Linux pre-installed.
>>
>> But of course you know, and I know, that Windows is still on that
>> laptop. Because he, like you, makes his money from Windows day in and
>> day out.
>>
>> Now run along like a good little "advocate".
>
> You are not very bright at all, are you, hadron?
> Suppose that:-
>
> 1. Somebody (a Linux User) needs a laptop.
>
> 2. He searches for the model(s) he prefers, and notes the prices.
>
> 3. He finds that (and/or):-
>
> a) From a big OEM, there is usually no Linux or "no OS" option.
>
> b) If there IS a Linux option, it is often
> (from e.g. Dell) more expensive
>
> c) I he goes to a smaller supplier, he will find that the
> Linux or "no OS" version is cheaper - *BUT* still
> more expensive than the same machine with Windows
> elsewhere.
>
> Best option? Well:-
>
> 1. The little guy is dearer anyway, like-for-like, so no.
>
> 2. From the big guy, buy the Windows version, and install Linux.
>
> Who has lost? You tell me - certainly not the buyer (Chris in your
> example), since by your own admission, he *saved* money. The only way *he*
> could lose would be by paying the OEM *more* for the Linux machine than for
> the Windows machine.
>
> *You* don't seem to understand that, but there again, you call the decision
> "hypocritical". I call it common sense, and suggest that you are in need of
> a dictionary.

More like a brain transplant, I'd say.

--
Borg-Cola: Not the choice of the next generation

Micro$oft, the company that makes spreading malware easy.

Microsoft exec Ron Markezich was quoted saying that for every $1
companies spend on Microsoft software, they need to spend $6 getting
it to work right. -- April 2011 SanFrancisco Chronical --

"We have no intention of shipping another bloated OS and shoving
it down the throats of our users."
-- Paul Maritz, Microsoft group vice president --

What's bad about Micro$oft:
http://www.kmfms.com/whatsbad.html

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 26, 2013, 6:18:55 PM2/26/13
After swilling some grog, chrisv belched this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>>My principles about GNU/Linux? It's great to get no-cost software of
>>such high quality, it is fun to use, deployments are unencumbered by
>>crap like activation and CALs, the freedom of the code benefits
>>everyone, and I'll work pretty hard to use it to the full extent, and
>>argue for avoiding Microsoft code to the best of my ability. Especially
>>since, from what I've seen, Microsoft can have some serious issues.
>
> Well, how "unreasonable" of you. No wonder you are attacked by vile,
> disgusting, hypocritical liars, like "Hadron" and "Ezekiel".

They're as over-the-top as the lead villian in one of the lesser James
Bond flicks. I wonder if Zeke has a supernumerary nipple.

"slimy little creep Ahlstrom" <chuckle>

--
You read should read the threads about Tom's ssh usage. And his lame
attempt at wriggling out by saying I was wrong when I said standard

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 6:24:31 PM2/26/13
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:18:55 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> I wonder if Zeke has a supernumerary nipple.

Why?
Do you want to go and wipe it like you want to wipe other men's pee
pee?

You really are an odd one Chris Ahlstrom.

Lusotec

Feb 26, 2013, 7:03:27 PM2/26/13

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 7:06:39 PM2/26/13
On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:03:27 +0000, Lusotec wrote:

> Ezekiel wrote:
>> But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay for
>> this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting Google
>> harvest even more of their personal data.
>
> Yes, the screen is very nice and overall the hardware is not bad but for
> $1300 I would expect some 8 hours of battery and at least 128 MiB of
> storage. If the OS is replaceable, Google's bad habits become a non-issue.

Except for the fact that Google's "bad habits" as you call them, have
extended to offering a highly overpriced piece of junk.

Only a true idiot would purchase this thing.

DFS

Feb 26, 2013, 7:31:00 PM2/26/13
On 2/26/2013 6:18 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After swilling some grog, chrisv belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> My principles about GNU/Linux? It's great to get no-cost software of
>>> such high quality, it is fun to use, deployments are unencumbered by
>>> crap like activation and CALs, the freedom of the code benefits
>>> everyone, and I'll work pretty hard to use it to the full extent, and
>>> argue for avoiding Microsoft code to the best of my ability. Especially
>>> since, from what I've seen, Microsoft can have some serious issues.
>>
>> Well, how "unreasonable" of you. No wonder you are attacked by vile,
>> disgusting, hypocritical liars, like "Hadron" and "Ezekiel".
>
> They're as over-the-top as the lead villian in one of the lesser James
> Bond flicks. I wonder if Zeke has a supernumerary nipple.
>
> "slimy little creep Ahlstrom" <chuckle>

Zeke was spot on about you, Creepy.

When you know it won't ever happen, you're a big talker: "I wouldn't
work for MS for a billion dollars"

In real life, you'll sell out to MS (buy their products, as well as
develop on/for them) for a relative pittance.

You're a joke. You're a cola Linux "advocate" (dregs of the IT world).

So is turdv.

So is Hypocrite Homer and Kook Curtis; those ridiculous gasbags waited
until they hoarded a lot of money working on proprietary software before
becoming "Free software activists". How convenient...

DFS

Feb 26, 2013, 7:31:07 PM2/26/13
SLAM BAM ON THE YES MAN!

Total and complete ownership of the hypocrite.

DFS

Feb 26, 2013, 7:31:20 PM2/26/13
On 2/26/2013 12:55 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> argue for avoiding Microsoft code to the best of my ability.

Do you mean:

1) you'll argue to the best of your ability? or

2) you'll avoid MS code to the best of your ability?

'Cause what's the point of doing #1 (convincing others to act) if you
don't do #2 (convince yourself to act)?

Else it's just more slimy hypocrisy and cola "advocacy".

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 7:35:31 PM2/26/13
It's known as being a "limousine liberal".
IOW, I'm all for busing under privileged children to better schools
in better neighborhoods because my kids go to private school.

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 7:38:46 PM2/26/13
Chris Ahlstrom is really a joke when it comes to advocating Linux.
You are correct, Zeke had him pegged.
So did Hadron.

I was a little late to the party as I believed he could be redeemed.
I was totally and completely wrong.
He's a complete waste of space.

RonB

Feb 26, 2013, 7:42:25 PM2/26/13
On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:03:27 +0000, Lusotec wrote:

> Ezekiel wrote:
>> But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay
>> for this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting
>> Google harvest even more of their personal data.
>
> Yes, the screen is very nice and overall the hardware is not bad but for
> $1300 I would expect some 8 hours of battery and at least 128 MiB of
> storage. If the OS is replaceable, Google's bad habits become a
> non-issue.
>
> Regards.
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

Zeke has certainly become a *bitter* troll, hasn't he? Personally I
wouldn't pay $1300 for any laptop -- but if I was going to pay $1300 for
one, I would pick Chrome OS over OS X or Windows -- and Linux Mint over
Chrome OS.

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 7:51:59 PM2/26/13
On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:42:25 +0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:03:27 +0000, Lusotec wrote:

>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>> But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay
>>> for this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting
>>> Google harvest even more of their personal data.
>>
>> Yes, the screen is very nice and overall the hardware is not bad but for
>> $1300 I would expect some 8 hours of battery and at least 128 MiB of
>> storage. If the OS is replaceable, Google's bad habits become a
>> non-issue.
>>
>> Regards.
>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
>
> Zeke has certainly become a *bitter* troll, hasn't he?

Translation: Zeke exposed this Google Chromebook as a piece of junk,
which it is.

> Personally I
> wouldn't pay $1300 for any laptop -- but if I was going to pay $1300 for
> one, I would pick Chrome OS over OS X or Windows -- and Linux Mint over
> Chrome OS.

Nice try.
We are not talking of any Chrome OS laptop, we are talking about this
specific Chromebook which is a piece of crap.

http://www.newser.com/story/163305/googles-new-chromebook-is-a-joke.html

You know it.
The reviewers know it.
Everyone knows it.

However being the Linux loon that you are, you will never admit it
though.

It's just more proof of why a Linux advocate is to never be trusted.
They lie.

DFS

Feb 26, 2013, 8:18:34 PM2/26/13
On 2/26/2013 7:42 PM, RonB wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:03:27 +0000, Lusotec wrote:

>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>> But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay
>>> for this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting
>>> Google harvest even more of their personal data.
>>
>> Yes, the screen is very nice and overall the hardware is not bad but for
>> $1300 I would expect some 8 hours of battery and at least 128 MiB of
>> storage. If the OS is replaceable, Google's bad habits become a
>> non-issue.
>>
>> Regards.
>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
>
> Zeke has certainly become a *bitter* troll, hasn't he? Personally I
> wouldn't pay $1300 for any laptop -- but if I was going to pay $1300 for
> one, I would pick Chrome OS over OS X or Windows --

Of course you'd pick a totally locked-down browser masquerading as an
operating system over OSX or Windows - you're a complete fucking idiot.

flatfish+++

Feb 26, 2013, 8:32:50 PM2/26/13
What do you expect from a Linux nutter?

When it's Linux, they will bend the rules every time.

GreyCloud

Feb 26, 2013, 9:21:42 PM2/26/13
On 2/26/2013 4:18 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After swilling some grog, chrisv belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> My principles about GNU/Linux? It's great to get no-cost software of
>>> such high quality, it is fun to use, deployments are unencumbered by
>>> crap like activation and CALs, the freedom of the code benefits
>>> everyone, and I'll work pretty hard to use it to the full extent, and
>>> argue for avoiding Microsoft code to the best of my ability. Especially
>>> since, from what I've seen, Microsoft can have some serious issues.
>>
>> Well, how "unreasonable" of you. No wonder you are attacked by vile,
>> disgusting, hypocritical liars, like "Hadron" and "Ezekiel".
>
> They're as over-the-top as the lead villian in one of the lesser James
> Bond flicks. I wonder if Zeke has a supernumerary nipple.
>
> "slimy little creep Ahlstrom" <chuckle>

So, you are a professional troll then?

GreyCloud

Feb 26, 2013, 9:23:37 PM2/26/13

GreyCloud

Feb 26, 2013, 9:24:34 PM2/26/13
On 2/26/2013 5:42 PM, RonB wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:03:27 +0000, Lusotec wrote:

>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>> But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay
>>> for this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting
>>> Google harvest even more of their personal data.
>>
>> Yes, the screen is very nice and overall the hardware is not bad but for
>> $1300 I would expect some 8 hours of battery and at least 128 MiB of
>> storage. If the OS is replaceable, Google's bad habits become a
>> non-issue.
>>
>> Regards.
>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
>
> Zeke has certainly become a *bitter* troll, hasn't he? Personally I
> wouldn't pay $1300 for any laptop -- but if I was going to pay $1300 for
> one, I would pick Chrome OS over OS X or Windows -- and Linux Mint over
> Chrome OS.

Look who's talking. Now look at your bitter trolling about Apple.

Homer

Feb 27, 2013, 12:41:07 AM2/27/13
Leafnode Larry drooled:
> bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>> Hadron wrote:
>>
>>> Tell me, if they did a "chrome book" with "Windows installed" would
>>> you buy it because it was "cheaper" like you did with your Samsumg
>>> "Linux workhorse".
>>
>> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper
>> with Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy*
>> it with Windows!
>
> You're an idiot. What about supporting Linux?

You lack even the most rudimentary logic.

Buying a PC preinstalled with something that's given away for free is
only moral support, which is of no practical value to either the buyer
or the benefactor. It doesn't matter to the Free Software vendor where
you obtain his software, since you don't pay for it and indeed he
doesn't even ask for payment. So you might as well buy the cheapest
hardware then install Free Software on it after-market, for all the
difference it makes to the Free Software vendor.

The only question remaining is whether or not you should be forced to
pay for the unwanted Microsoft OS that /is/ preinstalled without option,
and the answer to that is clearly no. /That/ is my objection to buying a
"Windows PC". It has nothing to do with "supporting Linux", since buying
a PC preinstalled with Free Software does not magically "support" it in
any practical way.

Indeed, not only would I be unnecessarily losing money by paying more
for hardware that sells at low volume (thanks to Microsoft's monopoly),
but invariably I'd still end up paying the Windows Tax anyway, because
nearly all such machines are merely rebranded OEM models with the
Windows Tax already paid.

There are in fact only three ways to avoid the Windows Tax: Build your
own PC (not possible for laptops); buy a non-x86 system (beyond the
reach of Microsoft's "channel", but not beyond the reach of its patent
extortion); or stop buying computers entirely.

None of those solutions are ideal, but my preference is to build my own
"desktops" and buy ARM systems from whatever remaining companies have
not yet succumbed to Microsoft's racketeering. Call that "supporting
Linux" if you want to, but I prefer to think of it as avoiding a racket
that would otherwise force me to pay for something I don't want, using
the only means possible, which is more of a consumer rights issue than
anything specifically to do with an operating system kernel.

But then I'm unusually idealistic and determined. In practice, most
people would understandably give up and reluctantly accept the Windows
Tax. Indeed the vast majority of consumers are blissfully ignorant that
a choice is even possible, at least on the "desktop", which is exactly
why so many of them have abandoned it. Microsoft's "channel partners"
point-blank refused to offer a choice of OS, and now their customers
have run away, resulting in a major crisis for the "desktop" PC industry
(see HP and Dell). Microsoft "won" ... a deserted market, and meanwhile
everyone else lost, including its former "partners".

By causing its own inevitable annihilation, Microsoft will have provided
Free Software the best "support" imaginable, with or without any help
from me.

--
K. | "You see? You cannot kill me. There is no flesh
http://slated.org | and blood within this cloak to kill. There is

Homer

Feb 27, 2013, 1:03:04 AM2/27/13
Verily I say unto thee that bbgruff spake thusly:
> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>> Poor goat.
>> You really got his dander up this time :)
>>
>> Maybe he can tell us again how there is no such thing as intellectual
>> property!
>>
>> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>
> Before you "Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!), my dear flatfish, perhaps you would be so
> good as to tell us where he *ever* said "there is no such thing as
> intellectual property"?

The only claims I've ever seen here that "there's no such thing as
intellectual property" were the quite accurate statements (made by Mark
Kent and others) that its a bogus, propaganda, blanket-term unsupported
by law, and therefore "doesn't exist" in any legally defensible way.

Obviously the corrupt laws to which this propaganda term refers must
exist, otherwise I'd have no reason to oppose them. I've never claimed
they "don't exist", I've merely stated that they /shouldn't/, because
they're morally indefensible and, ironically, a great practical
impediment to progress, in direct contradiction to their initial intent.

Flatty's already had that explained to him several times, so why does he
continue to lie about it?

Sinister Midget

Feb 27, 2013, 5:19:15 AM2/27/13
On 2013-02-26, bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> claimed:
> Hadron wrote:

>> You're an idiot. What about supporting Linux?

> Who has lost? You tell me - certainly not the buyer (Chris in your
> example), since by your own admission, he *saved* money. The only way *he*
> could lose would be by paying the OEM *more* for the Linux machine than for
> the Windows machine.
>
> *You* don't seem to understand that, but there again, you call the decision
> "hypocritical". I call it common sense, and suggest that you are in need of
> a dictionary.

I would think a lobotomy to be much more helpful. Or a strychnine
cocktail, maybe.

I'd suggesst that perhaps a physician (more likely a mad scientist)
could try fitting a brain inside the skull if not for the obvious fact
that the entire cavity has been filled with "hadron" too long already,
making it unsanitary for living tissue.

--
How do you know it's summer in Seattle? Rain's warm!
Dell Inspiron 530, SolusOS 1.3

bbgruff

Feb 27, 2013, 6:27:51 AM2/27/13
Homer wrote:

> Flatty's already had that explained to him several times, so why does he
> continue to lie about it?

It's perhaps best explained by an example:-

Years ago, visiting friends, their younger son, an avid Liverpool supporter,
and maybe 8 or 9 years old, was replaying the previous day's match in the
next room - and Liverpool had lost :-(
That wasn't too bad, but he had been watching the replay when we arrived, he
watched it *again* all the way through while we were there, and as we were
leaving, he re-started it!

I turned to his older brother, and asked "Why?? - I'd have thought it was
depressing enough to watch them lose once?".
His older brother (about 12) sighed, and said, "Oh, he's stupid. He thinks
that if he keeps watching it, they'll eventually win!"

Ezekiel

Feb 27, 2013, 6:53:17 AM2/27/13
> Homer wrote:
>
>> Flatty's already had that explained to him several times, so why does he
>> continue to lie about it?
>
> It's perhaps best explained by an example:-
>
> I turned to his older brother, and asked "Why?? - I'd have thought it was
> depressing enough to watch them lose once?".
> His older brother (about 12) sighed, and said, "Oh, he's stupid. He
> thinks
> that if he keeps watching it, they'll eventually win!"

Now I get it. So what you're saying is that Homer isn't very bright and he's
stupid enough to think that if he keeps claiming that there's no such thing
as intellectual property that it will cease to exist.

The fact is that in the real world intellectual property most certainly does
exist and is legally recognized by every civilized nation on earth. So being
stupid Homer thinks that if he keeps repeating his nonsense that maybe it'll
be true.

Thanks for the explanation.

--
Then ask yourself why it /really/ took Munich 7 years to migrate 15,000
computers to Linux. With a small team of technicians and engineers, I

Homer, the amazingly incredible IT super-hero.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/eb6773f5eac728f1?hl=en

Ezekiel

Feb 27, 2013, 6:55:47 AM2/27/13
"DFS" <nos...@dfs.com> wrote in message news:kgjmrc$prq$1...@dont-email.me...
My original prediction was correct: "But I'm sure that somewhere there's
somebody stupid enough to overpay for this heaping pile of shit..."

And wRonG rises to the occasion.

--
<quote>
Hypothetical issue in that the threat is "potential" and not actually

There are actually none now that you know about. So you use former Flash
vulnerabilities to claim a present security vulnerability.
</quote>
Mar 08 2011

wRonG - trying to claim in March 2011 that it's wrong to claim that Flash
still has vulnerabilities. There have been "just a few" announced since his
claim.

List of security updates for Adobe Flash Player since that post

1 CVE-2013-1374 Exec Code 2013-02-12
2 CVE-2013-1373 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
3 CVE-2013-1372 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
4 CVE-2013-1370 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
5 CVE-2013-1369 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
6 CVE-2013-1368 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
7 CVE-2013-1367 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
8 CVE-2013-1366 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
9 CVE-2013-1365 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
10 CVE-2013-0649 Exec Code 2013-02-12
11 CVE-2013-0647 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2013-02-12
12 CVE-2013-0645 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
13 CVE-2013-0644 Exec Code 2013-02-12
14 CVE-2013-0642 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
15 CVE-2013-0639 Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
16 CVE-2013-0638 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2013-02-12
17 CVE-2013-0637 DoS Exec Overflow 2013-02-12
18 CVE-2013-0634 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2013-02-08
19 CVE-2013-0633 Exec Overflow 2013-02-08
20 CVE-2013-0630 Exec Overflow 2013-01-11
21 CVE-2012-5678 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-12-12
22 CVE-2012-5677 Exec Overflow 2012-12-12
23 CVE-2012-5676 Exec Overflow 2012-12-12
24 CVE-2012-5673 Exec Overflow 2012-11-13
25 CVE-2012-5287 Exec Overflow 2012-11-13
26 CVE-2012-5286 Exec Overflow 2012-11-13
27 CVE-2012-5285 Exec Overflow 2012-11-13
28 CVE-2012-5280 Exec Overflow 2012-11-07
29 CVE-2012-5279 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-11-07
30 CVE-2012-5278 Exec Code Bypass 2012-11-07
31 CVE-2012-5277 Exec Overflow 2012-11-07
32 CVE-2012-5276 Exec Overflow 2012-11-07
33 CVE-2012-5275 Exec Overflow 2012-11-07
34 CVE-2012-5274 Exec Overflow 2012-11-07
35 CVE-2012-5272 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
36 CVE-2012-5271 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
37 CVE-2012-5270 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
38 CVE-2012-5269 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
39 CVE-2012-5268 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
40 CVE-2012-5267 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
41 CVE-2012-5266 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
42 CVE-2012-5265 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
43 CVE-2012-5264 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
44 CVE-2012-5263 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
45 CVE-2012-5262 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
46 CVE-2012-5261 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
47 CVE-2012-5260 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
48 CVE-2012-5259 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
49 CVE-2012-5258 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
50 CVE-2012-5257 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
51 CVE-2012-5256 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
52 CVE-2012-5255 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
53 CVE-2012-5254 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
54 CVE-2012-5253 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
55 CVE-2012-5252 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-10-09
56 CVE-2012-5251 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
57 CVE-2012-5250 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
58 CVE-2012-5249 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
59 CVE-2012-5248 Exec Overflow 2012-10-09
60 CVE-2012-5054 Exec Overflow 2012-09-24
61 CVE-2012-4171 DoS 2012-08-31 2012-09-05
62 CVE-2012-4168 Exec Overflow 2012-08-21
63 CVE-2012-4167 Exec Overflow 2012-08-21
64 CVE-2012-4165 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-08-21
65 CVE-2012-4164 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-08-21
66 CVE-2012-4163 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-08-21
67 CVE-2012-2040 Exec Overflow 2012-06-08
68 CVE-2012-2039 DoS Exec Overflow 2012-06-08
69 CVE-2012-2038 Bypass +Info 2012-06-08
70 CVE-2012-2037 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-06-08
71 CVE-2012-2036 Exec Overflow 2012-06-08
72 CVE-2012-2035 Exec Overflow 2012-06-08
73 CVE-2012-2034 DoS Exec Code Mem. Corr. 2012-06-08
74 CVE-2012-1535 DoS Exec Code 2012-08-15
75 CVE-2012-0779 Exec Code 2012-05-04
76 CVE-2012-0773 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-03-28
77 CVE-2012-0772 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-03-28
78 CVE-2012-0769 DoS Exec Code 2012-03-05
79 CVE-2012-0768 DoS Exec Code Mem. Corr. 2012-03-05
80 CVE-2012-0767 XSS 2012-02-16
81 CVE-2012-0756 Bypass 2012-02-16
82 CVE-2012-0755 Bypass 2012-02-16
83 CVE-2012-0754 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-02-16
84 CVE-2012-0753 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-02-16
85 CVE-2012-0752 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2012-02-16
86 CVE-2012-0751 DoS Exec Code Mem. Corr. 2012-02-16
87 CVE-2011-4694 Exec Code 2011-12-07
88 CVE-2011-4693 Exec Code 2011-12-07
89 CVE-2011-2460 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-11-11
90 CVE-2011-2459 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-11-11
91 CVE-2011-2458 Bypass 2011-11-11
92 CVE-2011-2457 Exec Overflow 2011-11-11
93 CVE-2011-2456 Exec Overflow 2011-11-11
94 CVE-2011-2455 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-11-11
95 CVE-2011-2454 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-11-11
96 CVE-2011-2453 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-11-11
97 CVE-2011-2452 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-11-11
98 CVE-2011-2451 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-11-11
99 CVE-2011-2450 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-11-11
100 CVE-2011-2445 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-11-11
101 CVE-2011-2444 XSS 2011-09-21
102 CVE-2011-2430 Exec Code 2011-09-21
103 CVE-2011-2429 Bypass +Info 2011-09-21
104 CVE-2011-2428 DoS Exec Code 2011-09-21
105 CVE-2011-2427 DoS Exec Overflow 2011-09-21
106 CVE-2011-2426 Exec Overflow 2011-09-21
107 CVE-2011-2425 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-08-10
108 CVE-2011-2424 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-08-15
109 CVE-2011-2417 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-08-10
110 CVE-2011-2416 Exec Overflow 2011-08-10
111 CVE-2011-2415 Exec Overflow 2011-08-10
112 CVE-2011-2414 Exec Overflow 2011-08-10
113 CVE-2011-2140 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-08-10
114 CVE-2011-2139 Bypass +Info 2011-08-10
115 CVE-2011-2138 Exec Overflow 2011-08-10
116 CVE-2011-2137 Exec Overflow 2011-08-10
117 CVE-2011-2136 Exec Overflow 2011-08-10
118 CVE-2011-2135 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-08-10
119 CVE-2011-2134 Exec Overflow 2011-08-10
120 CVE-2011-2130 Exec Overflow 2011-08-10
121 CVE-2011-2110 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-06-16
122 CVE-2011-2107 XSS 2011-06-08
123 CVE-2011-0628 Exec Overflow 2011-05-31
124 CVE-2011-0627 DoS Exec Code Mem. Corr. 2011-05-13
125 CVE-2011-0626 Exec Code 2011-05-13
126 CVE-2011-0625 Exec Code 2011-05-13
127 CVE-2011-0624 Exec Code 2011-05-13
128 CVE-2011-0623 Exec Code 2011-05-13
129 CVE-2011-0622 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-05-13
130 CVE-2011-0621 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-05-13
131 CVE-2011-0620 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-05-13
132 CVE-2011-0619 DoS Exec Ovflow Mem Corr 2011-05-13
133 CVE-2011-0618 Exec Overflow 2011-05-13
134 CVE-2011-0611 DoS Exec Overflow 2011-04-13
135 CVE-2011-0609 DoS Exec Code 2011-03-15

Ezekiel

Feb 27, 2013, 7:08:23 AM2/27/13
"Lusotec" <nom...@nomail.not> wrote in message

> Ezekiel wrote:
>> But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay for
>> this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting Google
>> harvest even more of their personal data.
>
> Yes, the screen is very nice

The screen is nice, but most people would prefer a 4:3 aspect ratio over the
oddball 3:2

> and overall the hardware is not bad

For $1300 I would expect top-rate subperb hardware. Merely being "Not bad"
is not good enough.

> $1300 I would expect some 8 hours of battery and at least 128 MiB of
> storage. If the OS is replaceable, Google's bad habits become a non-issue.

The OS appears to be replaceable but you'll need to toss the 32-gig SSD and
buy a 128/256 drive. At that point you've exceeded the price of a Macbook
Pro with retina display which already has a usable SSD, already has 8Gig of
RAM, has a more practical display aspect ratio, comes with a much faster CPU
(2.5GHz (Turbo Boost to 3.1GHz) vs. 1.8 Ghz ), much longer battery life and
also better resale value when it comes time to upgrade.

I stand by my original claim that somebody is stupid enough to overpay for
this crippled, severely limited and overpriced laptop for the privilege of
letting Google harvest even more of their personal data.

--
"I suppose that Michael Dell figures that, as owner of a private
corporation, he won't be subject to many of the rules and regulations that
govern public corporations. In other words, they'll be able to accept as
many bribes and kickbacks as they want"

Turdv and his endless pit of ignorance.
Too stupid to realize that bribery is also a criminal offense for private
companies

Feb 08, 2013

Ezekiel

Feb 27, 2013, 7:29:33 AM2/27/13
> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>>> All that's left is for you to tell us about your Windows job, and how
>>> everyone in your family but you runs Windows.
>>
>> Poor goat.
>> You really got his dander up this time :)
>>
>> Maybe he can tell us again how there is no such thing as intellectual
>> property!
>>
>> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>
> Before you "Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!), my dear flatfish, perhaps you would be so
> good as to tell us where he *ever* said "there is no such thing as
> intellectual property"?

"There's no such thing as intellectual property."
Mark Kent - Linux "advocate"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/1ae8d9d52bec3298

> 1. "Intellectual Property" is a blanket term, including several laws.

"Crime" is also a blanket term, including several laws. But "crime" most
certainly exists.

> 2. One of those is Trademarks.
> Linux is a trademark - owned by Linus Torvalds.
> I doubt you will find many Linux people saying there's no such thing.
Agreed.

> 3. In the Linux Community, much store is set by the GPL.
> The GPL relies on copyright law.
> I doubt you will find many Linux people contradicting that.
Agreed.

> Your question was:-
> "Don't Linux / FOSS supporters claim that there is no
> such thing as Intellectual Property? "
>
> My answer was, and remains, "No".
>
> If there's any part of the word "No" that you don't understand, perhaps
> you
> could clarify which part it is?
> </quote>

Not sure what the point is here but I haven't been following this thread all
that close.

--
"Space restrictions"? WTF!? So they must actually be talking about the
database. Yup, that's MS SQL alright.

Homer the clueless idiot. Claiming that MS-SQL server can't handle the
storage for Tesco Sprouts
<tnbc37-...@sky.matrix>

DFS

Feb 27, 2013, 7:52:31 AM2/27/13
On 2/27/2013 12:41 AM, Homer wrote:
> Leafnode Larry drooled:
>> bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

>>> That, in that case, should be his preferred option. If it's cheaper
>>> with Windows, and you can scrub the Windows, for goodness sake, *buy*
>>> it with Windows!
>>
>> You're an idiot. What about supporting Linux?
>
> You lack even the most rudimentary logic.
>
> Buying a PC preinstalled with something that's given away for free is
> only moral support,

So System76.com pays their bills with moral checks?

You're such a raving moron, Hypocrite. It truly boggles the mind.

> But then I'm unusually idealistic and determined.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Determined to be the loudest, most shabby hypocrite around.

Your "idealism and determination" begins and ends at your wallet, like
it does for practically every FOSS "advocate" on the planet.

It's why you waited until you hoarded a lot of money working on
proprietary software and then suddenly became a "Free software activist"
(or whatever delusional title you gave yourself in that bloated, gasbag
head of yours).

> In practice, most
> people would understandably give up and reluctantly accept the Windows
> Tax.

No such thing. Never was, never will be.

> Indeed the vast majority of consumers are blissfully ignorant that
> a choice is even possible, at least on the "desktop",

This lie, among others, is what you bozos have to tell yourselves to
rationalize Linux desktop failure.

> By causing its own inevitable annihilation,

MS is doomed?

Say it ain't so!

Well, in the meantime you know what I always say Reverend Hypocrite:
Keep hope alive!

chrisv

Feb 27, 2013, 8:12:49 AM2/27/13
RonB wrote:

> Lusotec wrote:
>>
>> Kreep wrote:
>>>
>>> But I'm sure that somewhere there's somebody stupid enough to overpay
>>> for this heaping pile of shit in order for the privilege of letting
>>> Google harvest even more of their personal data.
>>
>> Yes, the screen is very nice and overall the hardware is not bad but for
>> $1300 I would expect some 8 hours of battery and at least 128 MiB of
>> storage. If the OS is replaceable, Google's bad habits become a
>> non-issue.
>
>Zeke has certainly become a *bitter* troll, hasn't he?

He always was a worthless lying fsckwit. "Heaping pile of shit"?
Really? We say "Apple is overpriced and missing features", and the
kreep comes-back with "Google is a heaping pile of shit".

Of course, the *real* "heaping pile of shit" is Ezekreep himself.

>Personally I
>wouldn't pay $1300 for any laptop -- but if I was going to pay $1300 for
>one, I would pick Chrome OS over OS X or Windows -- and Linux Mint over
>Chrome OS.

From the little I've read, it is built to a high-end standard. Being
at the high-end means that it won't be "worth it" for most buyers.

Hell, maybe it will fail- so what? Obnoxious, bitter trolls like
Ezekreep might get their small thrills, as they lose the larger
battles.

--
"Mono is a wonderful attempt to bring applications developed for
Windows to the Linux desktop" - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

DFS

Feb 27, 2013, 8:16:24 AM2/27/13
RonG is probably just showing off for his fellow cola idiots (I wonder
if he would work for Microsoft for a billion dollars?).

RonG is running Windows to this day - either dual-boot or in a vm.

And he's way too cheap to buy an Apple system.

It is loading more messages.