O/T Real Talent...Eat Your Liver Out Lady GaGa.....

1 view

flatfish+++

May 26, 2011, 12:12:38 AM5/26/11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8i5PEhtWzY

I did one gig with Miss Linda and all I can say is she is a class act.

What a sweet person with ZERO star attitude and let me tell you she
deserves it!
What a freaking voice!

We all got $1k gift certificates to Bloomies....

Only other stars I worked with who was as nice was Celine Dion and
Gloria Estefan.
Both wonderful people!

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

DFS

May 26, 2011, 12:50:21 AM5/26/11
On 5/26/2011 12:12 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8i5PEhtWzY

Great stuff! I saw that movie 24 years ago at an arthouse theater in
Little Five Points (a hippie area near downtown Atlanta).

Keith Richards looked pretty good back then... nowadays the guy is Skeletor.

Speaking of GaGa, did you see the utter abominations she performed on
the American Idol finale? I was asking my wife the whole time "Where's
Melissa Etheridge? Where's Ann and Nancy Wilson? Where's Chrissie
Hynde? Where's PJ Harvey?"

But it was a real treat to see Judas Priest perform 2 classics! They
were my metal heroes in high school.

> I did one gig with Miss Linda and all I can say is she is a class act.
>
> What a sweet person with ZERO star attitude and let me tell you she
> deserves it!
> What a freaking voice!
>
> We all got $1k gift certificates to Bloomies....
>
> Only other stars I worked with who was as nice was Celine Dion and
> Gloria Estefan.
> Both wonderful people!

You are one lucky lady!

flatfish+++

May 26, 2011, 11:30:02 AM5/26/11
On Thu, 26 May 2011 00:50:21 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 5/26/2011 12:12 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8i5PEhtWzY
>
> Great stuff! I saw that movie 24 years ago at an arthouse theater in
> Little Five Points (a hippie area near downtown Atlanta).

Kool!

> Keith Richards looked pretty good back then... nowadays the guy is Skeletor.

Yea, all those years of drugs, sex and rock and roll have caught up with
him.
He looks terrible these days.

> Speaking of GaGa, did you see the utter abominations she performed on
> the American Idol finale? I was asking my wife the whole time "Where's
> Melissa Etheridge? Where's Ann and Nancy Wilson? Where's Chrissie
> Hynde? Where's PJ Harvey?"

It was horrendous....
Today's music, much of it, is just complete garbage.

When I look at Idol I think to myself, this is the best they could find?
That's pretty sad.

I love Melissa Ethridge. Great songwriter and performer.

> But it was a real treat to see Judas Priest perform 2 classics! They
> were my metal heroes in high school.

Yep!
One of my friends was a huge JP fan.
I'm not into metal myself, but they can really play well.

>> I did one gig with Miss Linda and all I can say is she is a class act.
>>
>> What a sweet person with ZERO star attitude and let me tell you she
>> deserves it!
>> What a freaking voice!
>>
>> We all got $1k gift certificates to Bloomies....
>>
>> Only other stars I worked with who was as nice was Celine Dion and
>> Gloria Estefan.
>> Both wonderful people!
>

> You are one lucky lady!

RayLopez99

May 26, 2011, 3:49:49 PM5/26/11

Lucky lady? Flatfish is a girl? I thought it was a guy. Doofus you
fcuked up.

RL

flatfish+++

May 26, 2011, 4:07:56 PM5/26/11

I used to fill in with a big jazz band that used to do a lot of charity
stuff like American Cancer Society, Make A Wish, etc.
Since they were the house band at a rather famous resort, I got to meet
some very interesting performers who also donated their time and talent
to the various causes.
We would back them and their band up.

TomB

May 26, 2011, 6:56:52 PM5/26/11
On 2011-05-26, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:

> You are one lucky lady!

*He* is a liar.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
~ R.D. Laing

TomB

May 26, 2011, 7:06:36 PM5/26/11
On 2011-05-26, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:

> But it was a real treat to see Judas Priest perform 2 classics! They
> were my metal heroes in high school.

Genuine thank you for mentioning this. Just looked at the show on
Youtube, and it was brilliant. The Priest kicking it mainstream. Hell
yeah! Gonna see them in a month @ Graspop Metal Meeting. To bad KK
Downing left.

--
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
~ Albert Einstein

DFS

May 26, 2011, 7:29:14 PM5/26/11

Dopez, I rarely fuck up.

flatfish insists she's female, so I'm taking her at her word until I'm
convinced otherwise. She's never once referred to 'my wife', etc. And
in the past she made half a dozen references to being female, like
saying "don't you guys..." and "that would make me a lesbian...".

I do generally regard her as "one of the boys" because of her Linux
interest and advocate-slamming sense of humor.

Anyway, virtual hug to flattie!

While we're at it, do you have any more braggadocious lies to make about
yourself? Here's how it stands:

a self-made millionaire that didn't make any millions
a Ph.D. with no degree
a rocket scientist with no rocket and no science
a $200/hr consultant with no clients
a male model with no pics
a boss with no employees
an open mind with no mind
a three-language speaker with no home country
a hotline to executives with no hotline
a hobby coder who masters technologies
a billionaire counselor with no billionaires to counsel
a developer who delivers MSDN sample code
a rich man who buys $5 pirated software on the street
a success story who seeks a destitute mail-order bride
a Class A chess player with no class

DFS

May 26, 2011, 7:35:56 PM5/26/11
On 5/26/2011 6:56 PM, TomB wrote:
> On 2011-05-26, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:
>>
>> You are one lucky lady!
>
> *He* is a liar.

How do you know flattie is a he?

DFS

May 26, 2011, 8:09:19 PM5/26/11
On 5/26/2011 7:06 PM, TomB wrote:
> On 2011-05-26, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:
>>
>> But it was a real treat to see Judas Priest perform 2 classics! They
>> were my metal heroes in high school.
>
> Genuine thank you for mentioning this. Just looked at the show on
> Youtube, and it was brilliant. The Priest kicking it mainstream. Hell
> yeah!

It was great! James Durbin (Idol contestant who did a good bit of metal
music) must've been lovin' it too.

Priest did write a few radio-friendly tunes (well, Livin' After Midnight
anyway).

Would've been cool to see them blast out Hell Bent For Leather.

> Gonna see them in a month @ Graspop Metal Meeting.

Awesome.

> To bad KK Downing left.

I thought Halford left, too. I'm surprised they're still performing -
they must be bored in their early 60's.

flatfish+++

May 26, 2011, 8:14:11 PM5/26/11
On Thu, 26 May 2011 20:09:19 -0400, DFS wrote:

> I thought Halford left, too. I'm surprised they're still performing -
> they must be bored in their early 60's.

I was surprised too.
They have a massive and very loyal fan base so I suppose it's paying the
bills and then some!

TomB

May 27, 2011, 2:52:56 AM5/27/11
On 2011-05-26, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:
> On 5/26/2011 6:56 PM, TomB wrote:
>> On 2011-05-26, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:
>>>
>>> You are one lucky lady!
>>
>> *He* is a liar.
>
> How do you know flattie is a he?

It's judged by the content of about everything he posts, including the
admitted lies about who he is and the people he has worked with.

--
Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple
of trees stuck in it.

TomB

May 27, 2011, 3:00:13 AM5/27/11
On 2011-05-27, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:

Halford was out of Priest for several years and did a couple of solo
projects during that time. In Priest he was replaced by an American
guy named Tim 'Ripper' Owens. Amazing voice. That did some harder
albums with him, more a Machine Head oriented style.

--
Human beings are the only creatures that allow their
children to come back home.

chrisv

May 27, 2011, 8:45:52 AM5/27/11
TomB wrote:

>> How do you know flattie is a he?
>
>It's judged by the content of about everything he posts, including the
>admitted lies about who he is and the people he has worked with.

*Definitely* a (very disturbed) guy.

Heisenberg

May 27, 2011, 9:37:07 AM5/27/11

stupid turd "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> *Definitely* a (very disturbed) guy.

you are *definitely* a stupid turd.

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a piece of shit.

DFS

May 27, 2011, 9:58:11 AM5/27/11
On 5/27/2011 2:52 AM, TomB wrote:
> On 2011-05-26, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:
>> On 5/26/2011 6:56 PM, TomB wrote:
>>> On 2011-05-26, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:

>>> *He* is a liar.
>>
>> How do you know flattie is a he?
>
> It's judged by the content of about everything he posts, including the
> admitted lies about who he is and the people he has worked with.

So you have no idea.

Hadron

May 27, 2011, 9:05:48 AM5/27/11
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> writes:

So whats new with TomB? He thinks its ok to download an compile/make as
root. Everything else about his "thoughts" can be based on that. It's
like admitting you use chrisv to advise you on how to present coherent
thoughts in a technical forum..

flatfish+++

May 27, 2011, 10:28:51 AM5/27/11

Like I already said, I did that on purpose to track down a "COLA fan".
It worked as planned and on my own I admitted the ruse.
I could have just let it stand, but I didn't.

I think he learned his lesson because he seems to have mostly
disappeared from COLA.

TomB

May 27, 2011, 11:20:29 AM5/27/11
On 2011-05-27, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:

I have no way to be sure.

--
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes...
~ Frank Drebin

DFS

May 27, 2011, 7:32:44 PM5/27/11
On 5/27/2011 3:00 AM, TomB wrote:
> On 2011-05-27, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:
>> On 5/26/2011 7:06 PM, TomB wrote:
>>> On 2011-05-26, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:

>>> Genuine thank you for mentioning this. Just looked at the show on
>>> Youtube, and it was brilliant. The Priest kicking it mainstream.
>>> Hell yeah!
>>
>> It was great! James Durbin (Idol contestant who did a good bit of
>> metal music) must've been lovin' it too.
>>
>> Priest did write a few radio-friendly tunes (well, Livin' After
>> Midnight anyway).
>>
>> Would've been cool to see them blast out Hell Bent For Leather.
>>
>>> Gonna see them in a month @ Graspop Metal Meeting.
>>
>> Awesome.
>>
>>> To bad KK Downing left.
>>
>> I thought Halford left, too. I'm surprised they're still performing
>> - they must be bored in their early 60's.
>
> Halford was out of Priest for several years and did a couple of solo
> projects during that time. In Priest he was replaced by an American
> guy named Tim 'Ripper' Owens. Amazing voice.

I looked him up, and his story about replacing Halford was the
inspiration for the movie Rock Star. Kewl!

> That did some harder
> albums with him, more a Machine Head oriented style.

Like Jugulator? This is 'Blood Stained':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQOVx-4ajg

Other tracks on that album are Dead Meat, Death Row, Decapitate, Burn in
Hell, and Brain Dead... ugh... too heavy and "demonic" and depressing
for my tastes. Black Sabbath got like that, too.

TomB

May 28, 2011, 2:45:44 AM5/28/11

Yes, that's right. Nice movie by the way.

>> That did some harder albums with him, more a Machine Head oriented
>> style.
>
> Like Jugulator? This is 'Blood Stained':
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQOVx-4ajg
>
> Other tracks on that album are Dead Meat, Death Row, Decapitate,
> Burn in Hell, and Brain Dead... ugh... too heavy and "demonic" and
> depressing for my tastes. Black Sabbath got like that, too.

"Jugulator, killing time now. Reaches in and rips your spine out."
Beautiful. The Jugulator album is like a cheap gore horror movie on
kick-ass Priest metal. Best tracks on the album are 'Burn In Hell' and
'Bullet Train'. There are some weaker tracks as well, such as 'Blood
Stained'. If you want to check out Halford solo, the album
'Resurrection' he did under the name 'Halford' is his best work. Very
nice classic metal tracks on there.

--
The American Dream: Yes, we can!
The Belgian Dream: Yes, week-end!