A New S-100 Bus 68000 CPU Board

monahanz

Mar 12, 2012, 10:01:01 PM3/12/12
For those of you building S-100 bus systems and are following our
work, I am delighted to announce that Andrew and I now have an S-100
bus Motorola 68000 CPU board that can be configured as an S-100 “Bus
Master” or as a “Bus Slave”. In the second configuration the 68K CPU
can sit silently in the bus (typically run by a Z80 master) and upon
outputting a bit to a port take control completely from the z80 itself
running the bus. This switching of CPUs can go back and forth
continuously is as described in the IEEE-696 protocol. The board has
room on board for a 32KX2 EEPROM pair and 32KX2 Static RAM. The 68K
interrupt lines are active and up to 16MG or RAM can be utilized.

A simple 68K Monitor is supplied. Further details can be found here:-

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/68000%20Board/68K%20CPU%20Board.htm

We are taking limited orders for hobbyists that would like to try
building this board from a bare board.
You obtain your own components (all common 74LSxx or 74Fxx type
chips). We are NOT a commercial operation, only limited help can be
provided through forum discussions.
Please see the bottom of the above URL for more information.

David Griffith

Mar 13, 2012, 3:10:42 AM3/13/12
monahanz <mon...@vitasoft.org> wrote:
> For those of you building S-100 bus systems and are following our
> work, I am delighted to announce that Andrew and I now have an S-100
> bus Motorola 68000 CPU board that can be configured as an S-100 ???Bus
> Master??? or as a ???Bus Slave???. In the second configuration the 68K CPU

Very cool! I put my name in for one. Have you thought of fooling
around with some form of Unix for this board? There was a flavor of
Unix for the CompuPro 68k board called TRICEP. It was mostly SysVr3, I
think.

--
David Griffith
davidmy...@acm.org <--- Put my last name where it belongs

monahanz

Mar 13, 2012, 7:03:18 PM3/13/12
On Mar 13, 12:10 am, davidmylastn...@acm.org (David Griffith) wrote:
> monahanz <mona...@vitasoft.org> wrote:
> > For those of you building S-100 bus systems and are following our
> > work, I am delighted to announce that Andrew and I now have an S-100
> > bus Motorola 68000 CPU board that can be configured as an S-100 ???Bus
> > Master??? or as a ???Bus Slave???.  In the second configuration the 68K CPU
>
> Very cool!  I put my name in for one.  Have you thought of fooling
> around with some form of Unix for this board?  There was a flavor of
> Unix for the CompuPro 68k board called TRICEP.  It was mostly SysVr3, I
> think.
>
> --
> David Griffith
> davidmylastn...@acm.org   <--- Put my last name where it belongs

Would love to have my own UNIX system David. Unfortunately I'm more of
a hardware guy and while I hope to have a decent 68K monitor and BIOS
for CPM68, I think I would be out of my depth on UNIX. Hopefully far
better software writers than I can pitch in here. The 68K is a joy to
program for I must sa6y however.
John

Jeff Jonas

Mar 13, 2012, 9:11:50 PM3/13/12
>> > For those of you building S-100 bus systems and are following our
>> > work, I am delighted to announce that Andrew and I now have an S-100
>> > bus Motorola 68000 CPU board

Great going!

>Would love to have my own UNIX system David. Unfortunately I'm more of
>a hardware guy and while I hope to have a decent 68K monitor

Only about 8 years ago I had a hardware lab course
with the 68008. Here's the board and monitor
http://ferretronix.com/tech/sbc/index.html#68k

monahanz

Mar 14, 2012, 1:14:45 PM3/14/12
Very interesting Jeff. Like the monitor, may use some sections, for
example the unassembler section, (nicely done!)
John

j...@thebattles.net

Mar 14, 2012, 6:29:05 PM3/14/12
Back in 1985, fresh out of school, I designed and built my own 68K computer. I started with a debug monitor and then greatly extended it. Although I built it using a S-100 backplane and cards, I didn't follow the s-100 standard.

The monitor (includes assembler and disassembler) are here:
http://thebattles.net/crypt/index.html#68k

Feel free to use any/all of it.

monahanz

Mar 15, 2012, 1:46:58 PM3/15/12